Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

First Team Players in contract for 2018/19

Phillips
Dijksteel
Page
Solly
Sarr
Bauer
Konza
Pearce
Aribo
Foster Caskey
Reeves
Marshalll
Fosu
Ajose
Magennis
Hearn Grant
Clarke
Vetokele

16 players, big re-building needed for the fifth season running. If this takeover drags on much longer we coudl well be in deep trouble next season.

Edit missed out Konza so 17

18 now

Comments

• Keeping hold of Fosu is going to be our biggest challenge this summer.
  • I counted seventeen players.
  • So...

Goalkeeper: Phillips | Maynard-Brewer

Right Back: Solly

Left-Back: Page

Centre-Back: Bauer | Konsa | Pearce | Sarr

Left-Midfield: Fosu

Right-Midfield: Marshall

Centre-Midfield: Aribo | Reeves | Clarke | Forster-Caskey | Dijksteel

Strikers: Ajose | Magennis | Vetokele | Ahearne-Grant

Basically need eleven new players next season... With backup needed in the centre of Defence and Midfield at the very least - Left Back we're probably okay with Page yet his injuries will be a concern, same with cover for Fosu yet Marshall has been inconsistent so need someone better there.

Right-Back will remain a question throughout the summer as we see if Solly can return to form or whether we'll see Dijksteel or Konsa utilised there next season again - A more creative Midfielder is needed to rival Clarke (especially as he isnt back till September), whilst we need at least two Strikers
  • edited May 2018
    dickplumb said:

I counted seventeen players.

missed Konza added him in after.
  • What about players like Mascoll and Henry's lovechild Reeco?

Surely they'll be added to the main squad?

Possible but cant really say they are first team players yet.

Its as Pearce has said, everyone knows that we've got some youngsters coming through at this club... What we need though are experienced pros who know how to scrap almost - Not saying we need a bunch of players in their 30s yet definitely need a couple who are in the 25 - 28 age bracket
  • Any player in his final year will be looking for a new deal or a move in Jan, so there is a mountain of work for the new regime. Starting with arranging a pre season programme.

U missed out igor
  • Sponsored links:

• Good squad to build on. No need to panic yet.

U missed out igor
    good point will add now.
  • Keeping hold of Fosu is going to be our biggest challenge this summer.

If the takeover goes through i'm confident he'll stay. Can't imagine the new owners wanting to alienate the fan base immediately by selling our best player.

If RD is still in charge he'll be sold for about 700k.
  • If we can get decent money for Konsa, it might be worth cashing in and using the funds for a good go at it next year.
  • Any player in his final year will be looking for a new deal or a move in Jan, so there is a mountain of work for the new regime. Starting with arranging a pre season programme.

Need a manager appointed first!

Need a manager appointed first!
    Exactly this.

We don't currently have anyone to make decisions.

Need the takeover sorted quickly and a decision made on a manager. The longer it drags on, the more we'll get left behind in the search for decent league 1 players.
  • On paper having the likes of Solly, Konsa and Dijksteel at RB seems decent, but I hope it's one of our urgent signings as I don't think any of them are top 2 quality in that position.

Can't see Konsa here and I would like to see Dijksteel have a pre-season at CM
  • On paper having the likes of Solly, Konsa and Dijksteel at RB seems decent, but I hope it's one of our urgent signings as I don't think any of them are top 2 quality in that position.

I agree, now is the time to sign a very good right back and let them and Solly battle it out. I think Solly could do with a real battle for his starting place and would also bring the bets out of him when fit.

I'd have Solly and Dijksteel at RB and play Konsa in midfield as i'm almost certain Kashi will leave
  • Redrobo said:

Good squad to build on. No need to panic yet.

I agree. It is a good squad to build on. The emphasis being to build on though. It is certainly a better basis than we had when Powell took over. That regime looked upon the jenkinson proceeds to basically fund a new squad. Perhaps Konsa money will be used to strengthen this squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dijksteel is a defensive midfielder and I would prefer that he is given that chance. Konsa will be needed at the back in a long old season, if here.
  • unless the buyer can put an embargo on players departing now is the perfect time for other clubs to come in a buy our best players

the whole thing is mucking fuddle
  • I would imagine at this stage there would be such an embargo. If Duchatelet was able to cash in, it would be a worry that the takeover will actually happen.
  • edited May 2018
    Harry Lennon apparently has extended his contract to 2019.

I wonder who is conducting negotiations if correct?
  • edited May 2018
    LenGlover said:

Well he's appeared 12 times so can have got an automatic extension to his Contract
  • edited May 2018

On paper having the likes of Solly, Konsa and Dijksteel at RB seems decent, but I hope it's one of our urgent signings as I don't think any of them are top 2 quality in that position.

I'd have Solly and Dijksteel at RB and play Konsa in midfield as i'm almost certain Kashi will leave
    Neither Kashi or Konsa will be here next season. Dijksteel looks a decent player but I don't think he's a RB

• LenGlover said:

No one Mr President said so :wink:
  • Phillips
    Dijksteel
    Page
    Solly
    Sarr
    Lennon
    Bauer
    Konza
    Pearce
    Aribo
    Foster Caskey
    Reeves
    Marshalll
    Fosu
    Ajose
    Magennis
    Hearn Grant
    Clarke
    Vetokele

Lennon now added.
  • I think Marshall should convert to a right back. He is as good a defender as Dasilva from what I have seen. The position is a mixture of attack and defence nowadays. look at Ashley Young.