Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2017/2018 Season Review

Did you ever forsee a season where...

We would lose home and away to Gillingham
Lose twice at home to Oxford
Get beat 3 times by Shrewsbury
Lose twice to Wimbledon

Comments

• There has been very few good moments following Charlton over the past decade tbh. Here's hoping for a takeover and better times ahead next season
  • I just can't believe we managed to miss out on playing at Wembley twice in one season, today and the AFC Wimbledon debacle.

Don't think this season will last long in the memory other than that to be honest.
  • Only need 4 words

shit shot shy strikers.
  • We had a useless manager for 36 games of the season, who didn’t know the best way to play our players, and built a squad who were very lightweight and would never be able to challenge for top 2. Our team was heavily overrated too imo
  • Apart from Rochdale at home did we win any other game from a losing position?

• "if"

sums up our season, personally i think it was the wrong time for us to go up and would of come straight back down.

No
  • We need a bit more nous in the middle, there doesn't seem to be anyone there that can grab a game by the scruff of the neck, it means we are weak and tired, it is a young squad so we need a bit more experience.....but we need goalscorers, we need a striker and a goal scoring midfielder.....we haven't consistently had that this season at all, Fosu had a spell then JFC then Aribo had one game.....

If we can find these answers, keep the defence intact, although we def need a right back and a new left back. We can def go one better next season
  • Sponsored links:

• Moving in the right direction but more still to do.
  • Moving in the right direction but more still to do.

Yes we finished higher this season than last season. But we are in the third division, anything less than promotion, in my eyes is failure.

So to improve next season would be automatic promotion or getting up through the Play Offs. Nothing else will do.

I doubt it.

After we went a goal behind yesterday Sky put up the stats relating to Charlton after conceding the first goal:

P 18 W 1 D 3 L 14

Not good :disappointed:
  • dickplumb said:

Moving in the right direction but more still to do.

Yes we finished higher this season than last season. But we are in the third division, anything less than promotion, in my eyes is failure.

So to improve next season would be automatic promotion or getting up through the Play Offs. Nothing else will do.
    The only time this has happened under the current ownership.

Thanks Roland.
  • On the way, on the way
    Back to league one in the way
    I know how we got here
    Cos f****in Roland has no idea
    And that is why we are in our way, back to Rochdale on our way
  • dickplumb said:

Thanks Roland.
    Second time unless you don’t count his first half season.
  • Scoham said:

dickplumb said:

Thanks Roland.
    Second time unless you don’t count his first half season.
    I'm only counting the full and complete seasons where his weapons-grade fckwittery had the most impact, so 2014/15 is my baseline.

His first half-season, the back-half of 2013/14, came on the back of Spivs' departure and the effect that had had on St Christopher, the squad, and the pitch so not a fair comparison to the following years.
  • Started the season with one striker, and a very average on at that, and did well to finish 6th. Amos and Dasilva our best players and they were on loan. Disappointed the loan signings that came in January didn't make the impact we needed, but shouldn't have to rely on loans every season. Need this takeover ASAP so we can start to build for next season
  • If you look at the top end the top 2 were that much better than everyone else where we finished, 25 points behind was it not? Shrews came a decent 3rd in the end.

But when push comes to shove without doubt across 46 games we much deserved a crack at the play-offs. In the in the play-offs we were beaten by a good powerful defnsive unit and despite our very best efforts we just wern't quite good enough when we got there.