Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Marshall?

So.....what’s the story.

Comments

• SKY said just before the game that he travelled

Can only presume he was injured
  • Failed the height test
  • Looked pissed off sat beside the bench . Something’s not right
  • If injured fair enough but if not then a big error of judgment by Bowyer. Needed his commitment out there.
  • Kaikai came on and did FUCK ALL again
  • Shame that he didn't feature at all over the two legs but if he comes back next season and puts in performances like the one against Blackburn then I'd be more than happy.

That sort of commitment and defenisve nous is more effective to a league one side than a loanee winger with an ego and a few stepovers.
  • The talk before the game was that he hadn't travelled and had a family issue. Was he there?
  • edited May 2018

The talk before the game was that he hadn't travelled and had a family issue. Was he there?

He was sitting to the side of the bench.
  • No comment from Charlton either. Wonder what happened
  • If fit I can't believe he wasn't one of the first names on the team sheet,unless injured
  • Sponsored links:

• doronron said:

If fit I can't believe he wasn't one of the first names on the team sheet,unless injured

Why? He offers nothing going forward and that’s what we needed yesterday. Well in theory anyway
  • doronron said:

If fit I can't believe he wasn't one of the first names on the team sheet,unless injured

Why? He offers nothing going forward and that’s what we needed yesterday. Well in theory anyway
    Is that supposed to be a serious comment?
  • The talk before the game was that he hadn't travelled and had a family issue. Was he there?

And appeared to be on his phone most of the time...
  • edited May 2018
    Whether it was the early season injury, age creeping up on him or what I don't know but I've been very disappointed in him this season. Defensively yes he's ok but offensively never seems confident / able to take his man on and his crossing has been poor to say the least. Big let down on what I was expecting.
  • I think the decision was made that (on paper at least) Kaikai has pace and the ability to change a game - which Marshall doesn't.
  • I think missing the back end of pre season didn’t help him, then when he did get in the team, he played wide in a 3. He is a wide player in a 4-4-2. Should have started in the 1st leg.
  • doronron said:

I think we could have done with Marshall's physicality yesterday. He's not been great but does normally produce at least one or two really good crosses a game and definitely does his defensive bit. Yesterday we had nothing down the right because Dijksteel is a very timid full-back and looks inside or backwards as soon as he gets near the halfway line.
  • cafc-west said:

The talk before the game was that he hadn't travelled and had a family issue. Was he there?

And appeared to be on his phone most of the time...
    to his agent.
  • Marshall was MOM the other week and hasn't featured since - something clearly has gone wrong.

Ajose must have photos of Bowyer to keep getting a game. Same with Kaikai
  • Sponsored links:

• doronron said:

Is that supposed to be a serious comment?
    Absolutely. I have been majorly disappointed with Marshall overall. He has run at defenders but created very little. Protects the FB well but that's not what was needed yesterday.

Their LB wasn't the best going forward so IMO, starting yesterday wasn't necessary. We needed to win the game yesterday and I have absolutely no doubt that had we won 1-0 Thursday, then starting him yesterday was a must.

Having said that, he is still worth a place over shite like Kaikai
  • Simonsen said:

doronron said:

I think we could have done with Marshall's physicality yesterday. He's not been great but does normally produce at least one or two really good crosses a game and definitely does his defensive bit. Yesterday we had nothing down the right because Dijksteel is a very timid full-back and looks inside or backwards as soon as he gets near the halfway line.
    yeah possibly, and to be honest we lacked shape with 3 CMs. But their LB didn't come forward that often and Marshall wouldn't have changed the outcome in anyway IMO