Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Does Bowyer want the job permanently?

Don't think anyone disagrees that he should get the job if he wants it.

Does he want to be our manager next season? I've heard that he might not be keen. Maybe that will change over the summer months.

Comments

• Would you want to manage under Duchatelet?
  • He's performed a minor miracle under this ownership.

I hope he is part of the new set up.
  • Would give him a chance with his squad...
  • If there is a new owner: yes.

If Roland is still in charge: he'll walk.
  • Would prefer him back in his assistant position, got it wrong in both legs and we only scraped it in to the playoffs in the first place. He has potential in the furure, hence why I want him to stay but I’d prefer a more experienced manager.
  • It's been mentioned before while he deserves a shot at the job permanently, how will he do when trying to get his own squad together. I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to go back to fish farming in France.
  • I don’t see him being manager next season.
  • I hope he does get the job. Ultimately it doesn't matter as our fans hate having a manager in place for more than 3 months.
  • If he doesn’t want it I’d get Paul Hurst in
  • If he doesn’t want it I’d get Paul Hurst in

Bollox to Paul Hurst after just hearing him talk bollox.
    I'd give Mick McCarthy a one year contract with Bowyer as his deputy and then give Bowyer the job full time.
  • Sponsored links:

• He wants the job. First test to see how connected the new owners are
  • "Lee Bowyer saying that he would like to stay on. But that it would only be if he was manager."
  • Only one man for me... SCP.
  • I hope Lord Bowyer and JJ want it, and get it
  • I hope he does get the job. Ultimately it doesn't matter as our fans hate having a manager in place for more than 3 months.

A small number probably, not the fan base as a whole.
  • Bowyer for me
  • Mick McCarthy for me
  • I think Bowyer would take it but I fear he’s not going to be asked.
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:

Mick McCarthy for me

If Bowyer doesn't get it then Mccarthy would be my choice
  • Alan Pardew for moi. Sorry just trying to lighten the mood after a depressing week Football wise. Life wise it has been great.
  • I'll admit I'm not a great fan of Bowyer and wasn't thrilled when he got the nod as caretaker - but I have to concede he's done a pretty storming job in his time as boss. Of course he is inexperienced in many respects but I think he deserves a shot at the job, if he genuinely wants it. One thing for sure, I won't be happy if he is turfed out in favour of Harry Kewell. If Bowyer is displaced let it be with someone with a real track record of success that is a clear step up on the mostly dross we have had since Chris Powell got the old heave-ho.
  • Davo55 said:

I'll admit I'm not a great fan of Bowyer and wasn't thrilled when he got the nod as caretaker - but I have to concede he's done a pretty storming job in his time as boss. Of course he is inexperienced in many respects but I think he deserves a shot at the job, if he genuinely wants it. One thing for sure, I won't be happy if he is turfed out in favour of Harry Kewell. If Bowyer is displaced let it be with someone with a real track record of success that is a clear step up on the mostly dross we have had since Chris Powell got the old heave-ho.

Our best managers in the last 30 years:

Lennie, Duke of Selhurst
    Curbs, Earl of Wembley
    Saint Christopher

None of them had any experience before taking over, they didn't turn out too bad for us.

Give Lord Bowyer and Butler Jackson the gig; they can join the list of recent managerial legends.
  • I think Bowyer would take it but I fear he’s not going to be asked.

Think you may be right
  • Unfortunatly I highly doubt Bowyer is getting it after them comments he made.

Look at it from Muirs POV

Bowyer just said, he is going on holiday now and when he comes back he will see if he has a job or no, Muir will see that as if he doesnt care.

I will give you 2 options who would you pick.

Option A-says I am going on holiday and will see if I have a job when I come back, you will probably know before me.

Option B-says as soon as a takeover happens I will be knocking on his door and ringing him, asking for a chance, telling him I want this job

• Big Mick with million or two to spend and I would be extremely confident of promotion next year. Think a Championship team will want him though
  • Would the team's form under Bowyer have resulted in automatic promotion if he had been manager from the start of the season?
  • edited May 2018

Unfortunatly I highly doubt Bowyer is getting it after them comments he made.

Look at it from Muirs POV

Bowyer just said, he is going on holiday now and when he comes back he will see if he has a job or no, Muir will see that as if he doesnt care.

I will give you 2 options who would you pick.

Option A-says I am going on holiday and will see if I have a job when I come back, you will probably know before me.

Option B-says as soon as a takeover happens I will be knocking on his door and ringing him, asking for a chance, telling him I want this job

Option A knows the squad and the needs of the squad inside out. I'd at least have a chat with them after their holiday.