Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tessa Jowell RIP

Has sadly passed away following her fight against cancer

RIP

Comments

• Very sad. RIP
  • RIP, Brave lady
  • RIP. This terrible terrible disease robbed me of my best mate in September.

Commiserations to her family.
  • Great lady. R.I.P.
  • Sponsored links:

• R.I.P. Tessa. Lost another family member to this awful disease yesterday, so feeling very down today.
  • RIP. This terrible terrible disease robbed me of my best mate in September.

Commiserations to her family.

Feel for you. It's a wicked illness.
  • Was so sad to hear the news this morning, a truly wonderful lady who fought so many causes so hard, but sadly lost the biggest one against this terrible illness. RIP Tessa
  • RIP a brave lady
  • In the main, I utterly despair of politicians and the 'spin', lies and poetic licence that they routinely and unashamedly peddle for their own benefit and self-preservation. It's one of the reasons why I refuse to honour them with the privilege of my vote.

However, Dame Tessa was different. She always came across as wholly genuine and someone who cared for the masses as opposed to herself. Her speech in parliament back in January about this awful disease was truly inspirational. She leaves a legacy of trust, compassion and the best Olympic Games that the world has ever seen.

RIP Dame Tessa.
  • Sad news. RIP Dame Tessa.
  • Really sad news, RIP
  • We can ill afford to lose politicians of her calibre so soon.

A cruel blow for her family, and those who knew her.

RIP
  • RIP.
    We lose a remarkable Londoner.
  • so sad
    R.I.P. Tessa
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    RIP. If only more politicians were like Tessa Jowell.
  • RIP Dame Tessa
  • I didn't even know she was sick. RIP. What a waste.
  • RIP Tessa, a very brave lady
  • One of those rare things, a principled politician without all the sound bites. A conviction politician and a fine human being. Very sad.

RIP Tessa.