Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Released List 2017/18

Guess nothing will be announced for a while yet just seen that Archie Edwards has left the club...

Shame as always hoped he'd make it after turning down Man Utd

Comments

• Wondering who else will leave, from what I gather only Jackson, Kashi and Lennon of the main squad were due up in the summer.

Jacko retired, Kashi I guess will only enter talks if we're promoted and Lennon will probably be surplus to requirements
  • edited May 2018
    sam3110 said:

Wondering who else will leave, from what I gather only Jackson, Kashi and Lennon of the main squad were due up in the summer.

Jacko retired, Kashi I guess will only enter talks if we're promoted and Lennon will probably be surplus to requirements

Hope we can keep Kashi somehow. Wouldn't blame him if he's had his fill of English football. But think he's a real talent who will only get better as the team gets better.

Still think we should have sold Lennon in the summer when we had offers. I've personally never seen anything from him that indicates he's going to be much more than a mid table League One center back in the near future. Maybe he'll develop and become better with time but just not up to standard.
  • edited May 2018
    SDAddick said:

sam3110 said:

Wondering who else will leave, from what I gather only Jackson, Kashi and Lennon of the main squad were due up in the summer.

Hope we can keep Kashi somehow. Wouldn't blame him if he's had his fill of English football. But think he's a real talent who will only get better as the team gets better.

Still think we should have sold Lennon in the summer when we had offers. I've personally never seen anything from him that indicates he's going to be much more than a mid table League One center back in the near future. Maybe he'll develop and become better with time but just not up to standard.
    I feel like Kashi owes us another year.

*edit - I'm aware that's probably irrational.
  • Saw the thread title and thought it was another thread about Millwall!
  • Not surprised by Edwards. He was/is on loan in non-league. At his age that suggests he was seen as being a long way off the first team.
  • Scoham said:

Not surprised by Edwards. He was/is on loan in non-league. At his age that suggests he was seen as being a long way off the first team.

Seems to have fallen behind Mascoll (spelling?) this season.
  • se9addick said:

SDAddick said:

sam3110 said:

I feel like Kashi owes us another year.

*edit - I'm aware that's probably irrational.
    Maybe, but I suspect there's a very strong case to be made that his injury was mishandled at certain points, like Vetokele. Remember he rushed back to play the last handful of games in 2016 only to break down and miss the entire following season. How much of that was preventable I don't know, but I think it's worth pointing out.
  • sam3110 said:

Lennon will only be surplus to requirements if we go up.
    If we stay in league three he will probably be required.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Vetokele out of contract? Or have we got another year of subbing his wages?
  • drewman said:

Is Vetokele out of contract? Or have we got another year of subbing his wages?

1 more year
  • Lennon had Will Grigg in his pocket at Wigan away

True but sitting with 9-10 behind the ball and looking to go direct on the counter is probably not going to be the way we play most of the time. When asked to read the game I think he gets sucked out of position very easily and he gets outmuscled a lot.

And that mistake against Scunny, yes he was playing at left back but that's not an excuse to just drift vaguely toward the ball and stand behind the pack blocking the keepers' view and obviously leaving your man. I think that he needs to play regularly to develop further and whatever division we're in next season I can't see us being able to offer him that.
  • Lennon had Will Grigg in his pocket at Wigan away

Must of had fucking big pockets!
    Must’ve
  • Scoham said:

drewman said:

Is Vetokele out of contract? Or have we got another year of subbing his wages?

1 more year
    Igor is an interesting one. He is someone I see coming back to us if we were to get back into the Championship.

Otherwise, he will eventually leave us for nothing and sign for either a Belgian club or go back to Copenhagen again.
  • buckshee said:

Lennon had Will Grigg in his pocket at Wigan away

Must’ve
    Must’f
  • buckshee said:

Lennon had Will Grigg in his pocket at Wigan away

Must’ve
    Must’f
    Mustapha had fucking big pockets

• Sponsored links:

• Wilberforce Ocran? I really hope he makes it with us, as that's such a great name!
  • edited May 2018
    Wilberforce Ocran - great name. @Henry Irving's new favourite after RHF?

No real surprises there, I thought Kashi's future probably wouldn't be confirmed either way.
  • Keeping Kashi would be a huge bonus, but I fully expect him to go back to France.
  • Interesting that Regan Charles-Cook has signed an extension, as his career since he signed with us hasn't progressed as perhaps both sides would have wanted. When did his previous deal run to?

Maybe our future RB?
  • Scoham said:

Wilberforce Ocran - great name. @Henry Irving's new favourite after RHF?

No real surprises there, I thought Kashi's future probably wouldn't be confirmed either way.

Already got his own thread : - ) @Scoham
  • Not really surprised at the players who have been released... Guess Hanlan will be snapped up by Bromley

I guess Kennedy has been given a six month Contract due to getting a season ending injury at the start of the year (so hasnt had the opportunity to show any development), whilst surprised that Charles-Cook is still here as thought he'd have been off in the summer.

Unless either can really crack on next season though I'd be very surprised if either are still here next year
  • Why Yamfam, fam?
  • Am surprised there is no mention of Alex Willis on the released list...
  • Am surprised there is no mention of Alex Willis on the released list...

Maybe because he wasn't released by us he left of his own volition.