Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

That lot over there

Stuck on a train and thought I would see how excited smallwall were over are result last night.

North Stand Banter is a laught at times.

Here are some comments on the below thread about us.
forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/trainspotters.30588

About 13,000 home fans including the free tickets they love to give away thought they were a massive club and we was smallwall ? But as i said they did have a drum :finger:
-------------------------------------------

For once they had to declare the actual official attendance - as Play-Off gates are split between the 4 teams involved and the FA.

The result? For their biggest game in 6 years? About the same number of Charlton fans as there were Millwall fans for our Friday night match v Birmingham City which was live on Sky with us in 17th place and off the back of two defeats and no ticket discounts & disrupted trains at London Bridge.

Apparently, THAT was a brilliant atmosphere too! Crikey, that wall of sound that hit Fulham the other week would have blown their minds then! My Fulham mate who was in away end said he was expecting that gate to be announced as 50,000 not just under 18,000 such was the noise.
-----------------------------------------

they still believe on charlton life!
got to say i watched them and they are at best middle table L1 HAVE NO GOAL THREAT at all also thought the big black guy nisala for shrewsbury was massive could easily play in our league but not for us as we already have a great defense
--------------------------------------------

It was bizarre viewing last night really, considering Charlton consider themselves a big club.

Bar behind one goal, the ground was painfully empty for a big match. And the atmosphere was pretty tame - hardly the kind of partisan crowd you'd expect for a play-off match (see the likes of Villa Park and the Riverside to witness the difference). Plus, I thought they looked second best all night, bar the opening ten minutes. Shrewsbury (that's Shrewsbury Town btw) bossed the second half and completely controlled the tie.

Now, I do not know a single Millwall fan that sees us as anything more than a knockabout club from just off the Old Kent Road. Yet, on the actual real evidence, not inflated gates through freebies or the odd sojourn in the top tier, would anyone but an avid Charlton fan really consider the Addicks a much bigger or better club than us?

They do not tick any of the 'big club' boxes at all:
1526038415304.png
--------------------------------------------------

In fact, we ARE a bigger club... :hmmm::grinning:
1526038744065.png

Comments

• They do make me laugh

For a bunch of Jeremey Kyle rejects they are actually quite funny

Moody in particular
  • Not bad for a team that don’t care about us.

The best one is the reference to Shrewsbury town... this coming from a team that failed to beat Rochdale at home in the FA Cup and lost the replay.
  • I don't see much of the above was particularly inaccurate to be honest

I am with you 1990, poor crowd, reasonable atmosphere, no goal threat etc.

Can't ague with most of the comments.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought this would be about Brian Cole having to announce "Palarse" at half time last night
  • Can't really argue with a lot of that although historically yes of course we are a bigger club than them.

They had their best season for about 20 years, in a higher division, whereas we had a pretty average season and have loads of fans boycotting and they averaged 1500 more than us. And that's probably because most away sides in the championship sell out their upper tier. The actual home fans average probably wasn't much different.

Up until the play offs became a possibility late on, they had 2 home crowds over 15k. I'm pretty sure if we were in the championship we'd get that every game.
  • Didn't care about Millwall when we were in the prem, don't care now.

Not sure why they have such an inferiority complex about us though when they are a league above us and doing well?

• They're correct, but they're forgetting that most have fans been alienated.
  • Some of it is accurate , particularly the inflated attendances. Most of the games which have been given as 11K have actually only been about 7K. Ask any football fan who is the bigger club and I'm sure 90% would say Charlton
  • For balance, Millwall's attendance for the first leg of their play off last year was 12568 (according to Wiki).
  • For balance, Millwall's attendance for the first leg of their play off last year was 12568 (according to Wiki).

didn't you know there the biggest small club in the world :open_mouth:

didn't you know there the biggest small club in the world :open_mouth:
    'They're'.
  • To the tune of Sailing

No one likes 'em, no one likes 'em, no one likes 'em, no one cares.
    They are Millwall, pointless Millwall, no one likes 'em, no one cares.

(Still prefer them to the Nigels though.....)
  • Sponsored links:

• The attendance was disappointing but the 14k figure can’t be right. Stating the obvious but if there were only 14,000 there then that would have meant there were 13,000 empty seats. There’s no way in hell there were that many empty seats.
  • I really don't give a shit what other clubs fans think of us
  • JaShea99 said:

The attendance was disappointing but the 14k figure can’t be right. Stating the obvious but if there were only 14,000 there then that would have meant there were 13,000 empty seats. There’s no way in hell there were that many empty seats.

This has already been discussed on the other thread however the breakdown below was provided by another person and it would seem to stack up from what a lot of us saw on the TV.

Empty Seats:

2.6k South
    3.5k East
    4K West
    2.5k quads
    250 North
  • Ahh all true but I guess the monkeys over at the blue seat showroom dont know our recent history, and why would they care?
    I like that Millwall are around, its a bit like Asda, you know, if you are feeling low then just go to Asda, look at the clientele and then you automatically feel better about yourself, so Millwall are footballs Asda.

At the end of the day I am reminded of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK-kWRAVmRU
  • All in all they're just an....other Prick from Millwall.

Don't give the Shit Squirt stains of society a second thought when it comes to their opinions, bless em and their inferiority complex.
  • Greenie said:

Ahh all true but I guess the monkeys over at the blue seat showroom dont know our recent history, and why would they care?
    I like that Millwall are around, its a bit like Asda, you know, if you are feeling low then just go to Asda, look at the clientele and then you automatically feel better about yourself, so Millwall are footballs Asda.

At the end of the day I am reminded of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK-kWRAVmRU

More Lidl than Asda
  • Sink

You know rather than writting stupid comments on all my threads you could just not open them.

Its simple really, this is a football forum, i have made a thread about a football topic but i never forced you to read it
    How about I stop making stupid comments ( not sure what comment you are talking about ) if you stop opening new threads when you could be posting in original ones ?
  • I used to quite like going to the old Den in the early 1960's when Charlton were playing away.

Had some good players in those days, Stepney, Haverty, Julians, Pat Terry etc (Pat Terry might have played for us at some stage).

Things changed rivalry wise when Millwall were promoted to Div 2 about 1966, I think.

• I think the burning question is whether or not this thread will reach 3600 posts or more.
  • OP - don't u feel dirty going on Millwall forum? Go and have your yearly bath ans stay away in future.