Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

14,367 (777 away)

Comments

• The ball boys usually bump it up a couple of thousand to be fair
  • Laddick01 said:

The ball boys usually bump it up a couple of thousand to be fair

None in south end of east stand
  • In terms of home support that must be about 6000 down on when we played Swindon in the play offs under Parky.

The Roland Effect. Might be a blessing if we don't get to Wembley - don't like the idea of turning up with half of what the scum down the road take for their annual trip.
  • The fake news was what was coming out in the preceding few days. We still haven't got our Charlton back, even if Lee and Jacko have worked a near miracle. The rest of the club is a hollowed out shell. The sight of JFC on 94 minutes clambering into the East Stand to get the ball spoke volumes.

Couldn’t understand why all ball boys went off with 5 mins to go, especially as we were losing.
  • No better than 9-10k during the season. Joke of a regime.

Get out of our club Roland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sure there was more in the ground than that. Covered end looked pretty full and not many spares in the West upper.
  • Do we have to give money to Shrewsbury based on the gate?
  • The way the social media channels were talking (posting warnings and advice about getting there early every 5 mins), you would have thought they were expecting 20,000+.

Pretty embarrassing really
  • DA9DA9
    edited May 2018
    Was told by a fella at Greenhithe station tonight, whose said his wife runs Valley gold that they had sold just under 20k

Seems an odd attendance figure, covered end almost full and east and west certainly busier than usual, Diane Abbott must have done the count
  • DA9 said:

Was told by a fella at Greenhithe station tonight, whose said his wife runs Valley gold that they had sold just under 20k

Seems an odd attendance figure, covered end almost full and east and west certainly busier than usual, Diane Abbott must have done the count

Well from what I could see on TV 14k looked about right. the south side of the west stand was nearly empty, and the north west quadrant looked like it does when there are 14k. When you get near 20k, that quadrant starts to get populated.

the odd attendance figure was the Blackburn one. Why would over 14,000 Charlton fans have pitched up for that one? ( the crowd was given as 17,300 with Blackburn selling out)

People on here reported yesterday that they could not buy East Stand tickets. It wasn't even 70% full, and some sections were closed, as JFC could tell you.
  • Laddick01 said:

The ball boys usually bump it up a couple of thousand to be fair

None in south end of east stand
    That's not true. After half time. There was a ball boy at covered end of East Stand and one in middle, and about 10 minutes into second half, another arrived at Jimmy Seed end. Then I never saw them leave, but late into game all 3 had disappeared ??...
  • Sponsored links:

• Puzzling attendance figure when compared to the Blackburn game which officially had just over 14000 home supporters there, whereas tonight we had 13500 in round numbers, and no way were there fewer there tonight than for Blackburn. One of the figures is bullshit
    addick05 said:

Sure there was more in the ground than that. Covered end looked pretty full and not many spares in the West upper.

The West Upper was virtually empty going towards the JS, and the lower West fairly empty down that end, though it's worth noting that the end blocks would have been shut for the Blackburn game.
  • DA9 said:

Well from what I could see on TV 14k looked about right. the south side of the west stand was nearly empty, and the north west quadrant looked like it does when there are 14k. When you get near 20k, that quadrant starts to get populated.

the odd attendance figure was the Blackburn one. Why would over 14,000 Charlton fans have pitched up for that one? ( the crowd was given as 17,300 with Blackburn selling out)

People on here reported yesterday that they could not buy East Stand tickets. It wasn't even 70% full, and some sections were closed, as JFC could tell you.
    The East was about 30% full from what I say.

As for the Blackburn crowd, we have a huge freebie crowd inflation every game whether they turn up or not. We also have massive no shows on STs due to the cheap pricing of kids tickets and by nature our crowd is very family based with a higher likelihood of weekend clashes.

Our attendances have never come close to matching our crowds since the Premier League sellout days.

• Whatever it was, it come across great and supportive on the telly. Well done all those there tonight who backed the team well. Even the West Upper were at it!

Would rather have 14k getting behind the team like that than 25k people who want to see Premier League football

Hmm. Well maybe watching on an illegal stream makes a difference, but I thought the crowd overall sounded a lot less supportive than against Plymouth and Rotherham. For sure I could hear the Covered End chanting all the way through but it sounded disconnected from the rest of the mainly silent crowd. Sorry, but that's how it sounded to me. Believe me I wanted it to be better, I was up for this, and the whole thing was a bit of an anti climax. Kicking the wrong way didn't help, as you said on the match thread.
  • so, basically, the club is saying we could have got almost another 12,800 more people in the ground ?
  • DA9 said:

As for the Blackburn crowd, we have a huge freebie crowd inflation every game whether they turn up or not. We also have massive no shows on STs due to the cheap pricing of kids tickets and by nature our crowd is very family based with a higher likelihood of weekend clashes.

Our attendances have never come close to matching our crowds since the Premier League sellout days.

Your alive then mate didnt see you in your normal seat but the rest of the crew were.
    14000 my arse
  • clb74 said:

DA9 said:

Your alive then mate didnt see you in your normal seat but the rest of the crew were.
    14000 my arse
    Was at home mate
  • @Covered End lol'd me when my guess was around 14k.
    However the official figure does seem a bit out, seemed nearer 17k, except the Shrewsbury attendance was low, and looking across at the West Stand it wasn't exactly throbbing so the near 14k might be right.
    The shortage if time to sell, plus the difficulty some had getting tickets, plus sky TV didn't help, but those who were there were in excellent voice.
  • seth plum said:

@Covered End lol'd me when my guess was around 14k.
    However the official figure does seem a bit out, seemed nearer 17k, except the Shrewsbury attendance was low, and looking across at the West Stand it wasn't exactly throbbing so the near 14k might be right.
    The shortage if time to sell, plus the difficulty some had getting tickets, plus sky TV didn't help, but those who were there were in excellent voice.

More than 14000
  • Odd accounting indeed..

Ground home areas did look the fullest I’ve seen it this season but I haven’t been to all home matches including the Blackburn game.
  • 14,000 is down to Roland. Can't blame him for the away support.