Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team for Sunday at Shrewsbury...

edited May 2018 in General Charlton
What changes need to be made to the team for Sunday's game?

I'd be tempted to look at what worked when we went there and won 2-0.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41867484

Our team from that game was
Amos; Dijksteel, Bauer, Pearce, Page; JFC, Konsa, Marshall, Mavididi; Fosu, Magennis

So for me, from that 2-0 win I'd go with
Aribo in for Dijksteel (Konsa at right back, Kashi on the bench),
Ajose in for Mavididi who has a better impact as a substitute.

Marshall comes in for Reeves from tonight, Fosu plays on the wing with Ajose and Magennis up front as per tonight's game.

Comments

• Options
    Amos

Konsa, Bauer, Pearce, Da Silva

Marshall Aribo Caskey Fosu

Zyro Ajose

• Options
    Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce Page
    Marshall Kashi Forster-Caskey Fosu
    Magennis Ajose

Nothing on Dasilva, just think Page deserves a game if fit based on form before his injury.

Marshall to help out Konsa and Fosu is more effective than Mavididi.

Think Ajose and Magennis have played well of late and deserve to start together again.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Amos

Zyro Ajose

Any reason for Zyro over Magennis or is it just a case of players being better when they're not in the team?

After Rochdale, people were saying Zyro was rubbish and clamouring for the return of big Josh.
  • Options
    Amos

Konsa Pearce Bauer Dasilva (Page? lol)

Marshall JFC Kashi Fosu

Magennis Ajose
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Not mavididi,Not mavididi, Not mavididi, Not mavididi, Not mavididi, Not mavididi, Not mavididi.
  • Options
    We need to go for it and score so there's no point playing two defensive midfielders in the middle of the park. I would go for

Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce Da Silva
    Forster Caskey
    Marshall Fosu Mavididi
    Ajose Magennis

Fosu & Mavididi must play every minute unless / until we score. They're the most creative players in the team and we need to test their keeper much more than we did tonight.
  • Options
    Massively disappointed with Steph

Reeves has played well the last month but he literally only has one leg and it’s starting to piss me off

I think Bowyer had Marshall penned in for Sunday for his work rate to protect a lead but obviously we need more than that now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018
    There was always gonna be one mug who said to drop Josh, did nothing wrong all game today even with both CBs all over him all game.
  • Options
    I would revert back to the diamond formation from bowyers early games where we actually scored!
  • Options
    Can someone please tell me whether Ahearne-Grant is now available after his loan? If so I would put him on the bench ..he's a proven goal-scorer even if in League Two
  • Options

Not mavididi,Not mavididi, Not mavididi, Not mavididi, Not mavididi, Not mavididi, Not mavididi.

Dribble, stepover, dribble, lose the ball, fall over, take forever to get back up, repeat on receipt of the Ball.
  • Options

There was always gonna be one mug who said to drop Josh, did nothing wrong all game today even with both CBs all over him all game.

I couldn’t agree more! He didn’t miss a header and constantly pressured their defence! I really don’t get some of our lot!

However the amount of free kicks Kashi gave away tonight was infuriating!
  • Options
    We need to find a way of stiffening the centre midfield, as we were so vulnerable there tonight. Yes we need to win on Sunday, but we can't afford to be so open, as a second goal would make it really hard to come back from.
  • Options
    Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce Da Silva
    Aribo Kashi JFC Fosu
    Perm two from Magennis Mavididi Ajose and Zyro, probably Magennis and Mavididi for me.

Reeves was physically overcome by Shrewsbury, and on that note da Silva is a risk, but one we have to take.
  • Options
    Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce Page
    Marshall JFC Aribo Fosu
    Ajose Mag

I'd be tempted to give Djiksteel a game as I've not rated Konsa but feel it might be too important a game for him.

JDS great player but caught out a few times. Could always come on at LM if needed.

Kashi sloppy tonight and need more forward momentum from eg Aribo. Reeves useless and Marshall can help defensively. Fosu a necessity over Mavigreedy.

Pull a Rochdale on 60+ mins if needed and bring 2 strikers on for all out attack...
  • Options
    KINSELLA7 said:

Can someone please tell me whether Ahearne-Grant is now available after his loan? If so I would put him on the bench ..he's a proven goal-scorer even if in League Two

Ruled out due to terms of loan. Confirmed by Bowyer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I would revert back to the diamond formation from bowyers early games where we actually scored!

Definitely a diamond for Sunday. Our midfield was too deep from our two forwards tonight. The player at the tip can link and support.

Kashi at the bottom, Marshall right, JFC left with Fosu or Aribo at the top.
  • Options
    11 of the biggest and physical lumps we have available
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

11 of the biggest and physical lumps we have available

Yes, I was wondering if it would have been worth bringing Sarr on a LB to either replace JDS or move him forward
  • Options
    I think we need to ask nicely if we can borrow Man Citys team for the day.
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Amos

Zyro Ajose

Any reason for Zyro over Magennis or is it just a case of players being better when they're not in the team?

After Rochdale, people were saying Zyro was rubbish and clamouring for the return of big Josh.
    Ajose plays better with Zyro. Our football with Magennis is one dimensional and his sole purpose is to win flickons; admittedly he was ok in the air last night . Our weakness is our strikers - none of them are really any good, despite Ajose's new found work rate
  • Options
    Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce DaSilva
    Marshall Kashi Caskey
    Fosu Magennis Ajose
  • Options
    Big kick up the Harris needed.
  • Options
    Amos
    Marshall Bauer Pearce Dasilva
    Konsa JFC Reeves
    Fosu Magennis, Mavididi
  • Options
    Amos
    Dijksteel Bauer Pearce Page
    JFC Konsa Marshall Fosu
    Magennis Mavididi
    The team that beat them 2-0. Watch the video on repeat and repeat!
  • Options
    did we not beat them 2-0 because of a complete clanger by them