Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jake Forster-Caskey (ed. Signs a new contract extension to 2021)

edited July 2020 in General Charlton
I know we’ve got other things to be excited about right now but I’ve always joked about Jake Forster-Caskey being the love child of Nicky Forster and Darren Caskey.

Turns out, unless someone’s having a laugh on wikipedia, that he is Caskeys son and Forsters step-son.

My mind is well and truly blown.

Back to the most important game of football in 6 years...

Comments

• Thanks Colin.
  • Bit unnecessary
  • I didn’t know either!
  • Cafcspud said:

I know we’ve got other things to be excited about right now but I’ve always joked about Jake Forster-Caskey being the love child of Nicky Forster and Darren Caskey.

Turns out, unless someone’s having a laugh on wikipedia, that he is Caskeys son and Forsters step-son.

What is the point? Seriously!!
  • Bradley Wright Phillips is related to Ian Wright don’t you know .
  • Is that a euphemism?
  • Cafcspud said:

What is the point? Seriously!!
    Have you read half the threads on this board? Lighten up! Jeez.
  • Sponsored links:

• All I can say is that he doesn't have either ones footballing ability. Awful set pieces & his goal scoring record is only slightly better than "willo the wisp" Reeves.
  • I think we could well have found our very own Stuwall
  • All I can say is that he doesn't have either ones footballing ability. Awful set pieces & his goal scoring record is only slightly better than "willo the wisp" Reeves.

Whatever you may think of him comparing him to Reeves is wide of the mark. Reeves is total and utter dog dirt as proved again last night.
  • Bradley Wright Phillips is related to Ian Wright don’t you know .

And Captain Mark.

Many people's vote for player of the year....

We are weaker without him and if you can't see that you have rocks in your head
  • Swisdom said:

All I can say is that he doesn't have either ones footballing ability. Awful set pieces & his goal scoring record is only slightly better than "willo the wisp" Reeves.

Many people's vote for player of the year....

We are weaker without him and if you can't see that you have rocks in your head
    If we're weaker without him it sort of sums up how poor we are.
  • Excellent news. Deserves a new thread.

• edited June 2019
    Lost a year of his career, but is still young enough to prove that all the youth caps for England means he can be a Championship player. Like every single player including our  Lyle Taylor he needs to step up but Lee Bowyer will be a top man to learn from. Lack of pace may be his biggest problem, because difficult to teach pace !

Best of luck Jake because he desperately wants to prove himself after hearing him chat at Bromley addicks last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lost a year of his career, but is still young enough to prove that all the youth caps for England means he can be a Championship player. Like every single player including our  Lyle Taylor he needs to step up but Lee Bowyer will be a top man to learn from. Lack of pace may be his biggest problem, because difficult to teach pace !

Best of luck Jake because he desperately wants to prove himself after hearing him chat at Bromley addicts last season.
    Addicks
  • Only a 1-year deal. Perhaps we've offered a 1 year extension on the same money with the idea that if new owners come in there'll be a long term contract waiting for him. 
  • edited June 2019
    Scoham said:
    Woaahhh we’ve got Forster-Caskey, woaahhh plays with [insert new signing here]

Plays with Darren Pratley?
  • Only a 1-year deal. Perhaps we've offered a 1 year extension on the same money with the idea that if new owners come in there'll be a long term contract waiting for him. 
    Or more than one year is seen as too much of a risk given his serious injury. Hopefully he'll be fine and this time next year we'll be bitching because he's gone to Rangers on a free :wink:
  • One year is a good deal for him and for us. 
  • The way the club has worded it "until at least 2020" a possible year's extension added? would make sense given his injury.
  • The way the club has worded it "until at least 2020" a possible year's extension added? would make sense given his injury.
    May well be a one-year rolling contract.
  • Lost a year of his career, but is still young enough to prove that all the youth caps for England means he can be a Championship player. Like every single player including our  Lyle Taylor he needs to step up but Lee Bowyer will be a top man to learn from. Lack of pace may be his biggest problem, because difficult to teach pace !

Best of luck Jake because he desperately wants to prove himself after hearing him chat at Bromley addicts last season.
    Addicks
    Corrected sir.
  • edited June 2019
    Was pretty much a given considering how long he was out.

might be doing him a disservice but I don’t believe if fully fit he would have got in our midfield last season.

hope he stays fit and finds some form 
    I don't know about that...

Sure, when everyone was fit (after we'd signed Williams) he may have struggled, but there were plenty of games when Lapslie and Morgan played.

And, without denigrating those young men's ability too much, I believe JFC is a step up from them.

And are you saying that Pratley (and unlike others, I'm a bit of a fan) would have been a first choice over him at Wembley?