Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Shrewsbury- MATCH THREAD

So here we are boys and girls, the last Match Thread for a Valley game this season.

Boy does it feel a big game. Hopefully this thread will be a collective aid for those of us home and abroad unable to be at The Valley this evening.

Hopefully everyone via Sky or the net can get to view the game. Team news as they follow

COME ON YOU ADDICKS!!!!

Comments

• Anyone gone down seriously early? Sky Sports is on for me and this feels so much bigger than the Swindon playoff. It's a weirdly unique feeling!
  • Come on you addicks!
  • I’m massively buzzing for this and I get the feeling it’s permeating throughout the whole club. We can do this tonight, of that I have no doubt
  • edited May 2018
    I will be watching on Sky later, is that right someone said Robinson is the guest in the studio?
  • Few camera crews down there went I went past ealier. One of the female journalists either has a screw loose or was practasing her lines to herself
  • edited May 2018
    I hope it's Minto presenting and he can press KR about why results are so much better now he's gone.
  • I will be watching on Sky later, is that right someone said Robinson is the guest in the studio?

I hope not, I don't think Sky put subtitles on their football coverage.

St Christopher was on Sky's coverage of the Chelsea-'Uddersfield game last night so probably won't be on tonight.

Hopefully Scotty Minto will be presenting tonight.
  • I will be watching on Sky later, is that right someone said Robinson is the guest in the studio?

Yeah Richard Cawley tweeted it
  • Sponsored links:

• Been in Crossbars (yes I know, I know) since just gone six. Heaving. Massive queues for beer. Heineken flat as Kate Moss’s bosoms. But it’s deffo got a big match feel about it. Feeling like a plonker in a suit having come straight from work. Strangely confident. COYR
  • edited May 2018
    For those without twitter: Amos, Konsa, Pearce (c), Bauer, Dasilva, Kashi, Forster Caskey, Reeves, Mavididi, Ajose, Magennis

Bench: Phillips, Marshall, Fosu, Aribo, Sarr, Zyro, Dijksteel
  • Where’s does Mavididi play in that formation?
  • Sorry to let you down, but rely on others to do match commentary as I am watching it on Sky. I rarely get chance to see them and after Saturday, I hope for a better performance
  • Looks like 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or even 4-2-3-1 if Ajose needs to be played on the wing. Very flexible with that line up.
  • Nice attacking team. Expect if we come away with a victory tonight we'll see Marshall back in next match.
  • Reeves isn't a winger
  • Valley11 said:

Where’s does Mavididi play in that formation?

On one of the wings, opposite Reeves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Assuming it works, I’ll be watching on ESPN+. Had they day booked off already, so I’m on the third or four breweries before the game.
  • Reeves isn't a winger

Maybe a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond then. Kashi holding, Reeves and JFC in the middle and Mavididi behind the front two.
  • Valley11 said:

Where’s does Mavididi play in that formation?

I would presume in the position Marshall was playing
  • So it’s:
    Amos
    Konsa Bauer Pearce JDS
    JFC Kashi
    Reeves Mavididi
    Josh Ajose
    That right?
  • I hope it's Minto presenting and he can press KR about why results are so much better now he's gone.

Opening question:

Karl, how much of a surprise was it - Lord Bowyer leading your former club to 6 wins out of 10 with lots of clean sheets and into the play-offs - given what a clusterfcuk you made of your time in charge?
  • ross1 said:

Sorry to let you down, but rely on others to do match commentary as I am watching it on Sky. I rarely get chance to see them and after Saturday, I hope for a better performance

No worries Ross, you deserve a night off mate.
  • COYRs!!!!!!!!
  • Pre match feast and a few beers to settle the nerves. Feels wierd not being there.
  • Following from Florida, got a big game feel across the Atlantic. COYR!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!