Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• "Top scorer Ajose" such lazy journalism is frustrating.

It's The Daily Mail, CEL...
  • 'Terry Venables wouldn't say anything negative about his players in public if they'd struggled. I could have gone crazy after we lost at Rochdale last Saturday, but I thought about Terry and took a step back, I said how well they had done this season."

glad things were probably said and kept in the dressing room, thought our performance vs rochdale was shite. Sure they were fighting for their lives but individuals like zyro were dogshit.

That's ALL Robinson did after a defeat. Must've driven Bowyer mad.

'As an assistant, you're not in control. Now I can have things done the way I want. If I fail, I'll have failed doing it my way.'

Very telling. We're playing the most exciting football I've seen in years, and it's effective. He has to be given a crack at it whatever happens.
    Not sure I'd describe it as the most exciting football for years. Personally would say it's arguably less exciting than under Robinson but what he has done (as the table above shows) is sorted out the defence and won a number of tight games 1-0 (Shrews, Pompey and Blackburn) which gives me more confidence going into tonight's game than had KR still been in charge
  • what a great, mature interview
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d have gone fishing if I was him.
  • Never knew he owned a lake... blimey!

I bet he gets distracted when we chant FFFFFEEEEESSSSSHHHHH as he thinks someone's landed a massive carp
  • Need to re-sign Tamer Tuna

get mark fish on the coaching staff, mike salmon as gk coach.
    Declan Rudd back as goalkeeper
  • I'm feeling manlove for Lee Bowyer.
  • The most telling statistic in that table is goals conceded. Since he has been in charge 0.5 whereas it was 1.22 before. Certainly not because we have been more defensive. Obviously Jason Pearce been a big factor here.

Shrewsbury's strength is also defensive so won't be many goals over the 2 legs.
  • redman said:

The most telling statistic in that table is goals conceded. Since he has been in charge 0.5 whereas it was 1.22 before. Certainly not because we have been more defensive. Obviously Jason Pearce been a big factor here.

Shrewsbury's strength is also defensive so won't be many goals over the 2 legs.

All set for a 0-0 or 1-0 tonight!
  • Sponsored links:

Near to St Dizier about 100 miles east of Paris.
  • 'Terry Venables wouldn't say anything negative about his players in public if they'd struggled. I could have gone crazy after we lost at Rochdale last Saturday, but I thought about Terry and took a step back, I said how well they had done this season."

glad things were probably said and kept in the dressing room, thought our performance vs rochdale was shite. Sure they were fighting for their lives but individuals like zyro were dogshit.

That's ALL Robinson did after a defeat. Must've driven Bowyer mad.

'As an assistant, you're not in control. Now I can have things done the way I want. If I fail, I'll have failed doing it my way.'

Very telling. We're playing the most exciting football I've seen in years, and it's effective. He has to be given a crack at it whatever happens.
    Def shows the benefit of someone having played at a high standard under some inspiring managers.... Unlike KR whose career was cut short...
  • ozaddick said:

I really respected the bloke, and then I saw that he wears crocs. Sorry bowyer son, you’re dead to me. ;)

See that big fish he is holding? That’s your face.

:-)
  • I’ve said it before. Just got a feeling Bowyer is going to be our next Alan Curbishley.

Playoff failure or not I want him at the helm next season.

Still say we should have a 100% Support banner.

"Our next Alan Curbishley" - big statement based on what? I have a lot of time for the guy and would not be adverse to giving him a crack but don't see it myself, not in the immediate future anyway. When the Aussies take over I think they will bring in their own man and can't see Bow wanting to be a No. 2 again after he's had a taste of single-handed management.
  • edited May 2018
    addick05 said:

I’ve said it before. Just got a feeling Bowyer is going to be our next Alan Curbishley.

Playoff failure or not I want him at the helm next season.

Still say we should have a 100% Support banner.

"Our next Alan Curbishley" - big statement based on what? I have a lot of time for the guy and would not be adverse to giving him a crack but don't see it myself, not in the immediate future anyway. When the Aussies take over I think they will bring in their own man and can't see Bow wanting to be a No. 2 again after he's had a taste of single-handed management.
    Based on a feeling. Thats what I wrote.