Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guess the Shrewsbury gate

Comments

• Options
    If you have a GSCE exam on Friday morning, my advice is to go to the game. Release the tension.

• Options

Don't reckon Shrews will bring more than 800 odd which will keep the gate below 20,000.
  • Options
  • Options

Same as the attendance for games I go to.
  • Options

Don't reckon Shrews will bring more than 800 odd which will keep the gate below 20,000.

That just means on the night we can get another 2,000 charlton fans in the Jimmy Seed...this game is going to sell out.
  • Options

The game's on a satellite broadcaster.
    Many attendees will have to contend with s0"th€@st€rn's rush hour shitstorm.
    Both will dissuade thousands from going.
    Tickets are sold through the nation's leading touting parasite.
    Any ticket sales, serve to mitigate roly's losses.
    2 more sound reasons to stay away.

Despite all the above the depth of feeling for the club itself will see 15 to 17 thousand souls wanting to be present at what could be a landmark occasion in Charlton's story. Add a coupla thousand Salopians, the rancorous old liar is looking forward to at least a third of a mill liquid funds to siphon off. Nauseating isn't it?

They bought1200 fans when it was a Saturday, £5 to get in, and was not on Sky.

My guess is that they will bring 500 max, which will swell the crowd to 17000
  • Options
  • Options
    No chance of getting 20K, 17K max I reckon.
  • Options

That just means on the night we can get another 2,000 charlton fans in the Jimmy Seed...this game is going to sell out.
    We’re not even opening all the home stands, so I don’t think so.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just looking at the blocks without counting I would say, currently, up to 6,000 in the north and quadrants, 2,000 in the east, 3,000 in the lower west and 1,000 in the upper west, so maybe 12,000 sold. Probably sell 2,000 to 4,000 tomorrow, best guess.
  • Options
    Yeah so we are probably looking at 17K at best.
  • Options

Yeah, we should sell tickets all around them and make it look and sound like they came in a taxi :smile:
  • Options
    11 individual seats left in J Block and 6 individual seats left in K Block.

Bound to be sold out in these two blocks by tomorrow night. The atmosphere should be incredible.
  • Options
  • Options
    Cawley said expecting 20,000.
  • Options

Just looking at the blocks without counting I would say, currently, up to 6,000 in the north and quadrants, 2,000 in the east, 3,000 in the lower west and 1,000 in the upper west, so maybe 12,000 sold. Probably sell 2,000 to 4,000 tomorrow, best guess.

Nicely set up for the club to announce pay on the night, plenty of room available...
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Oh by the way @PragueAddick , what's the prize?

It's traditional to offer a prize when starting a 'Guess the' thread, of course...

Speaking of which, 9th May on the takeover thread we have @JamesSeed & @Johnnysummers5 in today's hot seat.

It's not happening, is it....

@TEL is tomorrow's soon-to-be-disappointed punter.
  • Options
    Shrews not too keen on coming down on Thursday then. This was posted a short while ago on their twitter page.

CHARLTON AWAY: Over 600 already sold for Thursday nights trip to @CAFCofficial , you can still buy online here and collect on the night or Town fans can pay at The Valley #salop
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Says on Shrewsbury forum that they have sold circa 500 tickets for tomorrow night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, if you count less than 400 Shrewsbury fans living in London then thats a pretty small following for a play-off match. This is the best opportunity we are going to have to make enough noise to get the team into the Final.
    The boycotters can - nah, dont go there. :)
  • Options
    I'm boycotting the boycott tomorrow, as I did for Portsmouth (shocking) and Scunthorpe (shocking). sorry.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2018
    15,000 max but actually 15k turning up as opposed to 15k with lots of season ticket holders not there - Few comps, 600 Shrewsbury & ticketing difficulties. Club should have stuck with the regular site as it would have been sufficient to deal with the demand.
  • Options

How are you looking at the blocks?
  • Options

What is the capacity in each stand ?
  • Options
    edited May 2018

What is the capacity in each stand ?
    Off the top of my head - north upper 3,400, north lower 3,200, quadrants 1,750 each, east 5,700 and west 8,000. Takes no account of closed blocks.

Understand the home sale including comps etc is nearer 14k now. The declared attendance will be much closer to the real one than usual because there are no absentee season ticket holders and comps are restricted. So it is likely that it will feel bigger than the announced number due to skewed perceptions.

A typical pre-match walk-up, say from 1pm on Saturday and 6pm midweek, is about 1,000, often less. Obviously you’d expect it to be much busier than usual during the day but if 3k or more try to buy after 6pm it will get complicated.
  • Options

Anyone predicting higher than the Blackburn attendence (17,310) is nuts.

Anyone predicting lower than the Blackburn attendance (17,310) is nuts :wink:
    Sales in the home ends have already surpassed those sold for the Blackburn game.
  • Options

The lower West seems very full, not sure why that should be more popular than the East stand? Unless everyone wants to see our new owners in the Directors Box!
  • Options
    I’m hoping and expecting this is going to be loud.

We’re on our way, we’re on our way
    To the Championship, we’re on our way
    How do we get there, I don't know
    How do we get there, I don't care
    All I know is Charlton’s on their way
  • Options

Says on Shrewsbury forum that they have sold circa 500 tickets for tomorrow night.

Must be boycotting.