Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Museum Items

Comments

• @Henry Irving
    Do you still want the season ticket box with scarf etc?
  • DA9 said:

@Henry Irving

Very much so @DA9 ta
  • JamesSeed said:

Purchased this cine film from the 1947 cup final at auction.

Next step is to digitalise it and see what we have.

Any recommendations for firms to convert the film or companies willing to sponsor the cost of purchase and transfer? Has cost £178 so far with tax and fees.

Any luck?
    Someone looking after this so not sure. Snappy snaps seems favourite so far.
  • JamesSeed said:

Purchased this cine film from the 1947 cup final at auction.

Next step is to digitalise it and see what we have.

Any recommendations for firms to convert the film or companies willing to sponsor the cost of purchase and transfer? Has cost £178 so far with tax and fees.

Any luck?
    Someone looking after this so not sure. Snappy snaps seems favourite so far.
    Yes, they're surprisingly up to speed with this stuff.
  • DA9 said:

@Henry Irving

Very much so @DA9 ta
    Presuming a home game on Thursday, will the museum be open then? or do you want me to leave it until 1st Home game next season?
  • Won't be open for a night game but if you bag it and mark it for the museum you can leave it in main reception.

Now click on the flag you gave me to make it go away : - )
  • Won't be open for a night game but if you bag it and mark it for the museum you can leave it in main reception.

Flag?
  • DA9 said:

Won't be open for a night game but if you bag it and mark it for the museum you can leave it in main reception.

Flag?
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3181404#Comment_3181404

further up the page on the cine film post.

I assume it was just a clumsy thumb - or you were upset about the 5 - 0 : - )
  • DA9 said:

Won't be open for a night game but if you bag it and mark it for the museum you can leave it in main reception.

Flag?
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3181404#Comment_3181404

further up the page on the cine film post.

I assume it was just a clumsy thumb - or you were upset about the 5 - 0 : - )
    Lol, done, didn’t even notice it
  • edited May 2018
    With our collection of post war @CAFCofficial programmes almost complete (we are missing around 20 from 1946 to 2018) we're looking to build our pre-1945 archive. He's a 1929 FA Cup Programme v Portsmouth recently purchased at auction.

Third Division South Charlton were leading 1 - 0 with a goal from John Rankin but First Division Pompey scored twice in the last ten minutes (McNeil and J Smith) to win this third round tie. Portsmouth went on the lose the FA Cup final 2 - 0 to Bolton.

• Sponsored links:

• With our collection of post war @CAFCofficial programmes almost complete (we are missing around 20 from 1946 to 2018) we're looking to build our pre-1945 archive. He's a 1929 FA Cup Programme v Portsmouth recently purchased at auction.

Third Division South Charlton were leading 1 - 0 with a goal from John Rankin but First Division Pompey scored twice in the last ten minutes (McNeil and J Smith) to win this third round tie. Portsmouth went on the lose the FA Cup final 2 - 0 to Bolton.

Worth listing the post war programmes you are missing in case anyone can help?

Include frendlies and abandoned games?

Shame you are completing your collection as clubs consider no longer issuing programmes!
  • With our collection of post war @CAFCofficial programmes almost complete (we are missing around 20 from 1946 to 2018) we're looking to build our pre-1945 archive. He's a 1929 FA Cup Programme v Portsmouth recently purchased at auction.

Worth listing the post war programmes you are missing in case anyone can help?

Include frendlies and abandoned games?

Shame you are completing your collection as clubs consider no longer issuing programmes!
    Good idea @killerjerrylee is the programme man so hopefully he or @charltonnick can post the list.
  • I know someone with a whole stack sitting collecting dust I am sure he would donate but likely you have them all as all post war. If I see the list I will take a rummage through next time I visit..
  • I know someone with a whole stack sitting collecting dust I am sure he would donate but likely you have them all as all post war. If I see the list I will take a rummage through next time I visit..

If they are pre1960 we'd still take them.

When we get a list we'll post it.
  • edited May 2018
    The 29 home programmes from 1946 to 1965 that the museum is missing.

If you have any of these going spare please let us know.

• An original press photo of the players parading the FA Cup behind the main stand.

Bartram to left, looks like Walsh holding the cup and Bert Johnson just coming out of the players' entrance.

• edited May 2018
    Were these black tops ever on sale?

• KR - you're not suggesting Mr Robinson would fit in that are you?
  • but the best donations this week are these books.

More detail when we have been able to scan them both

Bartram v Seed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Now in touch with the relative of Henry Mordey who wrote the article.

He sent some more photos

Henry Mordey in a Rifle Brigade team in Malta, 1935

With his Austrian pal Adolf bottom left.
  • Could the top training photo have been taken at Catford ? It doesn't look like The Valley in the background

Could be.

I think it's sparrows lane, just when the regime started the rebuild.
    Didn't we play in striped shirts when we played there?

And am I right in saying that there's no known photos of Catford in existence?
    Vertical blue and black stripes if I’m not mistaken.
  • Or imagine if the government had gone through with its plan to make all football fans carry ID cards.

image.

Also known as the “Miniscule” of Sport.
  • Is the book of gate receipts fact or fiction?
  • edited May 2018

Now in touch with the relative of Henry Mordey who wrote the article.

He sent some more photos

Is that NLA in the middle of the front row ?
  • Now in touch with the relative of Henry Mordey who wrote the article.

He sent some more photos

Is that NLA in the middle of the front row ?
    According to Colonel Bogey, I thought it was Hitler who only had one...
  • Thanks to @tracey for this training top worn by Karl Robinson. Black top never on sale.

• The new minute book, now being professionally scanned.

• and one item we didn't get but wish we had

We're open every first Friday of the month so this Friday 1 June