Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swansea vs Southampton

Southampton take the lead. IF they can hold on, they are safe and WBA relegated

Comments

• Nothing like the Battle of the Bridge. How football has changed.
  • Soton deserve to win this game.
  • The wheels have somewhat fallen off for Swansea in recent weeks. Carvahal had a great start there - what happened?
  • The wheels have somewhat fallen off for Swansea in recent weeks. Carvahal had a great start there - what happened?

New manager bounce fading, and reverting to the status quo?

What was impressive with Bowyer was the way that after the burst of wins, then poor run, we were able to go again
  • Unfortunatly cant see Huddersfield surviving now.

If Swansea beat Stoke (who have nothing to play for) means Hudds need at least a point from Chelsea or Arsenal
  • edited May 2018
    Said a few weeks ago on here I think Huddersfield could drop.

Still think Huddersfield could go. Swansea home to relegated Stoke on the final day.

Swansea win means Huddersfield need a point from Chelsea or Arsenal

But based on tonight, Swansea win is a big ask.
  • Swansea look poor... Queue an equaliser.
  • I know we’ve got plenty of previous, but it’s horrible seeing your team getting relegated before your eyes.
  • I know we’ve got plenty of previous, but it’s horrible seeing your team getting relegated before your eyes.

Except they aren't yet. Quite.

Except they aren't yet. Quite.
    I think Swansea are done for looking at their form, I can’t see them getting out of this one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swansea can still definitely get out of it. Chelsea will beat Huddersfield and Arsenal being Arsenal will destroy Huddersfield now that there is no pressure

Snowflake Ozil will score 4 and Arsenal fans will be lauding him again
  • cabbles said:

Swansea can still definitely get out of it. Chelsea will beat Huddersfield and Arsenal being Arsenal will destroy Huddersfield now that there is no pressure

Snowflake Ozil will score 4 and Arsenal fans will be lauding him again

Or Swansea beat Stoke, say 3-0, and City beat Soton 7-0. Very unlikely, but if any team can smash another it's City
  • Absolutely huge result for Southampton.

Swansea need the points from Stoke so I make them odds on favourites to go down but it's nail biting time for Huddersfield fans.
  • Feel sorry for West Brom, they've been brilliant recently.

On 2nd thoughts, no I don't. Serves them right for appointing that cnut Pardew!
  • anyone else see the poor swansea ballboy/youth player after Soton scored , don't think Gabbiadini really knew what he was doing but he sort of tried to get him to join in with the celebrations much to the kids frustration and he shrugged him off
    must be something to do with that end at swansea didn't Hazard have an altercation a few years back
  • anyone else see the poor swansea ballboy/youth player after Soton scored , don't think Gabbiadini really knew what he was doing but he sort of tried to get him to join in with the celebrations much to the kids frustration and he shrugged him off
    must be something to do with that end at swansea didn't Hazard have an altercation a few years back

When I saw you’d posted I thought you were going to give us some percentages
  • For me, I would prefer Huddersfield to stay up as this is their first time in the Prem. It could be us in a few years time.

But only just.

The twat who came on here slagging off SCP has made this a close thing!
  • Soton 100% Safe

100% Roland Out

Not 100%

If Hudds get 1 point in last 2 games they go on 37

If Swansea beat Stoke and Southampton lose to City with a 10 goal swing saints go down.

City have scored 7 before
  • Soton 100% Safe

100% Roland Out

Not 100%

If Swansea beat Stoke and Southampton lose to City with a 10 goal swing saints go down.

To me they're 99% safe, but if Southampton go 3-0 down after 25 minutes, I imagine things will start to get a bit tense, the way City can score for fun when in the mood!
  • Sponsored links:

• Soton 100% Safe

100% Roland Out

Not 100%

I understand the numbers but just as I said after Scunthorpe beat Plymouth we were 100% in the play offs ,even though it wasn’t certain , it was my %ages and I’m reasonably good with them ;-)
  • Every team going down this season has thoroughly deserved it.
  • Swansea are down... Crazy wolves and cardiff go up and west brom and swansea go down.
  • Swansea are down... Crazy wolves and cardiff go up and west brom and swansea go down.

Why’s that crazy?

• edited May 2018
    Swansea are not down yet.

If Swans get a win at home against Stoke in their finale (quite likely, I believe) and Huddersfield lose against both Chelsea and Arsenal, which is quite possible, then Swans are safe on goal differential.

Chelsea need a win for any chance at top 4, and they are not going to lose or draw to Huddersfield at Stamford. And I doubt Arsenal will lose Wenger's last ever match, either.

I actually think Huddersfield are going down.
  • Boom said:

Swansea are down... Crazy wolves and cardiff go up and west brom and swansea go down.

Why’s that crazy?

A team from the Black Country and a team from Wales go up, and a team from the Black Country and a team from Wales go down.
    Utter madness.
  • Swansea are not down yet.

If Swans get a win at home against Stoke in their finale (quite likely, I believe) and Huddersfield lose against both Chelsea and Arsenal, which is quite possible, then Swans are safe on goal differential.

Chelsea need a win for any chance at top 4, and they are not going to lose or draw to Huddersfield at Stamford. And I doubt Arsenal will lose Wenger's last ever match, either.

Huddersfield got a great point at Man City on Sunday so no reason why they can't do the same at Chelsea

• I hope Huddersfield stay up, decent fans.

No reason why Stoke cant win on the last day, seen it many times when teams have gone down with nothing to play for and they get a win. So fingers crossed Stoke beat Swansea.
  • Yes, the pressure is all on Swansea so not going to be easy for them. If Stoke go ahead then it could all turn against the swans. I fancy the Hudders to get a point from their two games.
  • Swansea are not down yet.

Huddersfield got a great point at Man City on Sunday so no reason why they can't do the same at Chelsea

Chelsea have something to play for, they have a great chance of pipping Liverpool to the top 4

Swansea aren't playing well either, and a Stoke with no pressure on them could be dangerous opponents...