Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

This is The Happy Play Off Thread

The miserable, moan at anything and everything fans are doing my head in.

So this is a thread for anyone that is looking forward to the play offs and are hoping to enjoy themselves.

So I'll be getting down the pub nice and early on Thursday and hoping that we may also be celebrating afterwards like we did post Ipswich.

Sunday, we'll be driving up to Shrewsbury earlyish to soak up the atmosphere/beer.

As an optimist (sometimes) I'm desperately hoping we make it to Wembley.

But whatever happens I'm really looking forward to the next week.

Anyone else looking to enjoy themselves and have any tidbits/titbits to share, meeting up with old friends etc, or are we all too worried about printer ink and the like ?

Comments

• Can’t wait for it, bring it on....we’re gonna win them
  • edited May 2018

Anyone else looking to enjoy themselves or are we all too worried about printer ink and the like ?

I'm in the worried group if that's ok but I'm happy

• Anyone else looking to enjoy themselves or are we all too worried about printer ink and the like ?

I'm in the worried group if that's ok but I'm happy

Well, you're half way there and anyway if we lose RD may sell even sooner.

So it's a win/win :smile:
  • The miserable, moan at anything and everything fans are doing my head in.

So this is a thread for anyone that is looking forward to the play offs and are hoping to enjoy themselves.

So I'll be getting down the pub nice and early on Thursday and hoping that we may also be celebrating afterwards like we did post Ipswich.

Sunday, we'll be driving up to Shrewsbury earlyish to soak up the atmosphere/beer.

Anyone else looking to enjoy themselves and have any tidbits/titbits to share, meeting up with old friends etc, or are we all too worried about printer ink and the like ?

Yep hopefully be over the ground for 5.
    Leaving bromley 8.30am on sunday in the jam jar.
  • clb74 said:

8.30 !
  • clb74 said:

8.30 !
    Yep be up there by 12
  • Son and I looking forward to it, think I've activated my TM account but will find out at 8am tomorrow, if not will go down Thursday morning and get them. Not sure we're in any way favourites but it's all a bonus after the last four years and maybe, just maybe, a light at the end of the tunnel. Can't go Sunday so hoping for one more game after this one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well if we win I cant go to the final so what's to be fucking happy about?
  • A mate just messaged that he's coming up from Tewkesbury for this. It's gonna be a little like our Prem days (hopefully).
  • Looking forward to seeing us beat the Shrews on Thursday and confirming our Wembley trip on Sunday just before I fly off to Jamaica, returning just in time for the final.
  • Looking forward to it mainly for my son. He's really got into being a Charlton fan & this is his real taste of anything remotely resembling good times. What has made it better is that his best friends dad is a Millwall fan & has been giving him gip all season about who's the bigger team etc - son just said to him this weekend, "going to a play off game next week ?"

I don't think we'll win the damn thing & prob wont even get to Wembley, but by god this is better than what I'd hoped for this season.
  • edited May 2018
    Can’t wait. Charlton don’t really give us much to shout about, so you’ve got to be up for times like these.

My 16 year old is a absolutely buzzing but also a nervous wreck already. Hopefully we can get to Wembley and my 11 year old will jump on the bandwagon as well.

Im fully confident of reaching the final and winning it.
  • Good grief.and this is the happy thread!!

Looking forward to a 4-0 smashing on Thursday night, let’s get the job done.
  • Really looking forward to both legs! Have a good feeling about it and can't stop singing: ' Woke up this morning feeling fine'..... and 'We're on our way, we're on our way'!
    Can't wait for Thursday to come and sing my heart out for the lads.
  • Looking forward to it and feel confident. Have booked hotel on Saturday night in Shrewsbury as I haven’t been before. In the hope we get tickets. Going to varnish my nails to prevent nervous nail biting !

• Investing in large packet of immodium,but it really is uplifting that after some dreadful times we have something to look forward to,and hopefully totally forget about RD and ticket problems.Lets everyone with any semblance of affection for our club fill this ground on thursday .
  • 4 tickets purchased just now. J block is looking a little crowded!!! Buzzing for this.
  • Sponsored links:

• What are the words to "we're on our way" obviously can find other clubs singing it but don't understand what they are saying apart from the " we're on our way " bit
  • What are the words to "we're on our way" obviously can find other clubs singing it but don't understand what they are saying apart from the " we're on our way " bit

Just put them on the 'Fans are brilliant' thread so we can all belt it out on Thursday!
  • Can't wait for Thursday, it's been a tricky start to the year health wise, so I'm justgoing to enjoy the next few days and hope for the best.
  • win or lose if the team give it all they have for 3 games (i hope) ..and that the supporters get behind them

cmon you reds
  • Like it - nice thread.

I'm chuffed we made it. The Spanners squeezed in at the last minute last year and went onto win them. No reason we can't do the same
  • 2017/18 achievement.

1. Wafer thin squad

2. Caretaker manager...(2 managers in one season)

3. Player unrest

4. Off field problems

5. No 20 goal a season man

6. No CEO

7. Fan frustration and withdrawal...low attendances (never helps)

8. Limited transfer market activity

10. A takeover that is constantly pending.

I actually think it's good that it's Bowyers 1st managers job for the last 10 games otherwise if we had an experienced one they would be like "this is a f*cking joke" probably make things worse...and walk out.

We still managed to achieve 6th with the tide against us.
    We have quality in our squad for this level....but still, I think we have actually done well under the circumstances.

We need championship status and we need a new owner.

One that wants the same things as the fans and one that can financially keep us alive and well.
  • edited May 2018
    I am still humming the songs and can't wait for tomorrow night to arrive! Nervous but happy. COYRs
    P.S. As an English teacher, getting fed up of the poetry/limerick thread so headed to the happy one.
  • I just realised it's been exactly twenty years since our playoff final against Sunderland. Maybe this is a good sign. We'll get to Wembley and win promotion. :sunglasses:
  • this to me is all a bonus. from October i thought we would finish mid table under Robinson. somehow we still had a chance of a play offs after that waste of space left cos of how shite this league is and so with Bowyer we sneak into a play off spot so I'm happy. however now I feel way to optimistic in our chances. really think we are going to get promoted so now if the worst happens I will end up disappointed. though I cant see that happening. already looking forward to a few London derbies next season.