Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BEAT THE BOOKIE 2017/18 WEEK 35 RESULTS, FINAL OVERALL TABLE AND SEASONS NUMBER CRUNCHING

6 out of 74 lifers got a return in the final week of the competition which includes the 2 highest returns of the season.
Those returns meant we took £2,882.22 off the bookie leaving us £2,286.59 up for the season.
Congratulations to @MrOneLung who picked Brighton (5.00), West Brom (8.00) & Birmingham (5.00) returning a whopping £2,000.00 for his virtual tenner. @SouthWest_Addicks also had a huge return of £1,122.00 after picking Sunderland, West Brom & Sheffield Wednesday. A nice treble figure return also for @Charlton_Stu.
I hope you backed them for real, though MrOneLung has already admitted he didn’t.

No surprise that those 2 returns have had an end of season “AGUERRROOOO” effect on the overall table.
There were 23 other lifers on -£350.00

As you know, all the above stats are based on everyone receiving a free tenner bet each week for our competition purposes.
The stats below show the results if the stakes came out of your own pocket and you didn’t lose a tenner if you missed a week. Basically, they are the results if you were using a betting account.

Thanks to the 115 participants this season. If anyone can think of ways to improve the competition (without making more work for me), or if anyone wants to take the reins next year then message me.

Comments

• edited May 2018
    I have only had two winners this season, on day 1 and the final day of the season.

And no i did not back either.

• Excellent stuff @paulbaconsarnie

Appreciate all your work
  • Blimey I bet @SouthWest_Addicks thought he had it in the bag . Well done @MrOneLung and thanks @paulbaconsarnie
  • edited May 2018
    Well pleased with my turn out, considering I know feck all about football!
    Edited to say ......... Thanks @paulbaconsarnie
  • 7th place for me I'm quite happy with that.
    Many thanks for doing this me old bacon muncher.
    Much appreciated.
  • Loss for the season for me. Thanks for doing this @paulbaconsarnie it's given me lots of fun.
  • Thanks PBS.

Without this last week mega win I would have been 2nd bottom out of everyone who played every week.

Amazes me when I see people have 15, 16 odd wins. I think I have averaged 1.5 a season so far.
  • MrOneLung said:

Thanks PBS.

Without this last week mega win I would have been 2nd bottom out of everyone who played every week.

Amazes me when I see people have 15, 16 odd wins. I think I have averaged 1.5 a season so far.

Gutted you didn’t back it up.
  • cheers @paulbaconsarnie love this game each week
  • edited May 2018
    Thanks @paulbaconsarnie for all your hard work first and foremost.
    So I finish the highest number of returns - 18 or 60% winning returns and in 12th position for cash made, so I'll take that.
    Roll on next season!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Pleased to see a 25% strike rate and a 12.8% ROI!

Might become a football tipster at that rate...

And @paulbaconsarnie thank you ever so much for all your hard work.
  • Thanks for running this @paulbaconsarnie
  • Congratulations @MrOneLung on the win this week and overall of course. Fantastic return @SouthWest_Addicks too.
  • Thanks for organising this, @paulbaconsarnie. Just a loss of £80 or so for me. I'm glad you don't show the stats for getting all three selections wrong the most.
  • Yes, thank you for your massive commitment throughout the season.
  • Thank-you. pbs.
  • Cheers @paulbaconsarnie Great comp. second year running someone has come in with a big outside punt in the last round to win from nowhere as I recall.
  • Ultimately inconsequential @paulbaconsarnie , but I had a double on West Brom and Watford this week!
  • MrLargo said:

Ultimately inconsequential @paulbaconsarnie , but I had a double on West Brom and Watford this week!

Apologies @MrLargo.
    I’ve checked just under 3,000 bets this season, most of them trebles. It’s so easy to make a mistake but I would say I’ve made less than 10 (that have been picked up on), so I’ll take that.
    I actually remember going back through the results because I thought I’d put a line through someone’s bet because of West Brom but just didn’t pick it up.

You won £200 which was 4th highest for the week.
    Your end of season competition balance is £139.96 putting you 18th overall.
    Your “actual” record as explained in the original post reads

And puts you 17th in that table.
  • Thanks mate, and thanks for your hard work throughout the season!
  • Sponsored links:

• In return for your hard work pbs, I let your partner cross the road this morning and did not run her over :wink:
  • In return for your hard work pbs, I let your partner cross the road this morning and did not run her over :wink:

You’re still starting next season with a zero balance.
  • Thanks @paulbaconsarnie
    Happy with a top ten finish, and having turned a profit in all three seasons I have competed, I really need to back my selections each week.