Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

You learn something new every day

A place to share the things you learnt today.

Weird stats, stories, interesting facts, or things that you now realise you should have always known but had somehow missed.

Or something you've learnt about one particular person.

Comments

• edited January 2018
    I just found out that someone sends Gary Lineker used toilet roll in the post once a month, and has done for years.

(Presumably) the same person sends the TMS crew the same thing on the first day of every Test match.

metro.co.uk/2017/01/02/someone-has-been-sending-used-toilet-paper-to-gary-lineker-in-the-post-for-20-years-6356056/
  • edited January 2018
    that an aubergine emoji is what you use to symbolise a cock.

seriously though........

I thought Mama Cass was so named because she was big & being from America was a big Mama - thus why the group were named the Mama's & the Papa's. Just seen a programme about them & realise it was just a nametag used by promoters etc after she left the group & went solo.
  • The last Super Bowl that did not need lights for at least part of the game was Super Bowl XI, Raiders over Vikings, in 1977.
  • That Reef sing "Put your hands on" and not "Put your hands up" in 'Place Your Hands'.

• I thought Mama Cass was so named because she was big & being from America was a big Mama - thus why the group were named the Mama's & the Papa's. Just seen a programme about them & realise it was just a nametag used by promoters etc after she left the group & went solo.

"No one's getting fat 'cept Mama Cass"