Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Booking fee for Thursday tickets

As I feared when the name of Ticketmaster was mentioned, there is a mandatory £2.50 booking fee on tickets for Thursday, though it is not clear from the wording whether this is per ticket or per transaction. Last time I was forced to use Ticketmaster I queried this and was told it was 'to pay for their admin costs' - which are what? for a self-print ticket?!

Comments

• chilham said:

As I feared when the name of Ticketmaster was mentioned, there is a mandatory £2.50 booking fee on tickets for Thursday, though it is not clear from the wording whether this is per ticket or per transaction. Last time I was forced to use Ticketmaster I queried this and was told it was 'to pay for their admin costs' - which are what? for a self-print ticket?!

It's per transaction, so assuming you set up correctly it will only cost £2.50.
    It only cost me £2.50 for more than one ticket.
    But others I believe set up seperate a/cs and bought on separate a/cs and paid more.
  • Yup, per transaction. Just spent ages creating a second account for Jnr, then linking them so I can buy together - halfway through I’m thinking “is this worth it for £2.50?”... Too right, thieving b’stads.

I know they’re a business trying to make money, but assuming 10000 transactions, that’s an easy 25k for a bit of database management....
  • So, we're paying £26 quid a pop & then they have the audacity to charge us another £2.50 just because the club didn't want the hassle of selling the tickets themselves.

cheeky fuckery at its finest.
  • When I go to London to Keith Prowse agency in person will there still be the extra charge?
  • edited May 2018
    I, too, wish Ticketmaster would handle ticket sales free of charge.
  • I, too, wish Ticketmaster would handle ticket sales free of charge.

Huh? If it’s wish, why not wish the ticket was free and you only had to pay the handling fee??
    You sleep with the light on...
  • Thought this was supposed to stop in January....Can understand postage costs but this is ridiculous. I bought two tickets for a concert last month, same outfit charged me £4.50 admin per ticket.
  • Afraid you wont escape these annoying fees,once went to the O2 box office in person and they still wanted a fee to pay by card
  • seth plum said:

When I go to London to Keith Prowse agency in person will there still be the extra charge?

Wasted trip if you do
  • Ticketmaster are a thieving bunch of fucktards.

More and more companies are taking the piss nowadays. I went to British Car Auctions in Enfield a couple of years ago, bought a car, went to the desk to pay cash so I could take car away immediately, only to be told they would charge me 1 per cent just to count my cash !
  • Sponsored links:

More and more companies are taking the piss nowadays. I went to British Car Auctions in Enfield a couple of years ago, bought a car, went to the desk to pay cash so I could take car away immediately, only to be told they would charge me 1 per cent just to count my cash !

If I were in that situation I would count it out loud in front of them as they watch to save them the trouble and save myself the extra 1%.
  • seth plum said:

Ticketmaster are a thieving bunch of fucktards.

If I were in that situation I would count it out loud in front of them as they watch to save them the trouble and save myself the extra 1%.
    I just put it back in my pocket, got my debit card out and paid for it, then put the money back into my account.

After all the effort you'd gone to, to print that money I bet you were well pissed off!