Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who's coming in from overseas for the playoffs ? - and how?

For those fans coming in from overseas , what are your travel plans to see the play-offs?

For me, leaving Lux at 8am on Thursday, picking up @addickfanatic (he's providing the humour), then driving North-north east to Dusseldorf to pick up @GermanAddick and his son at 11am (they're providing the music and reality) , then hoping to be at the Valley for 17.00 (as we gain an hour coming to UK).
Seeing both matches (hopefully), then leaving Shrewsbury at 20.00 on Sunday - dropping @ryanj off in Deal circa 24.00 - catch the 1am ferry to Calais, get to Calais 3am, and then drive to Lux through the night, get home at 7.30 , get to my desk at 8am.

Comments

• Haven’t decided yet but if I do it would by a direct flight from Copenhagen to Gatwick.
  • That’s for the final by the way (if we make it!)
  • Bloody glory hunters!!!!
  • Can't afford it. Will be watching on the tele of course.
  • MadGerman said:

Me and Kicker from the German Addicks will be at Shrewsbury on Sunday. Unfortunately unable to make the homegame.

Matthias, meet up at Shrewsbury ? Marc is coming with me for home game but can meet up for away?
  • Hi all.... does anybody know if this is going to be streamed online officially? Or will Foxtel or Optus be showing it in Australia?
  • Flew over from Canada for the last game of the season, so unfortunately i wont be making it back for the play-offs. :(
  • Sponsored links:

• I wish.
  • I wish.

Coming November, straight to the Den to see us shafting the scums in the championship
  • Fly into Gatwick from Geneva,
  • I’ve done the opposite, but I’ll be back just in time for the final but maybe not with enough time to register on some other random ticket site judging by most of the comments on the other thread... :hushed:
  • I have been staying in Valencia with my Brother who lives there. I will be flying in for the match. Have now got my ticket as the original CRN was wrong.
  • For those fans coming in from overseas , what are your travel plans to see the play-offs?

For me, leaving Lux at 8am on Thursday, picking up @addickfanatic (he's providing the humour), then driving North-north east to Dusseldorf to pick up @GermanAddick and his son at 11am (they're providing the music and reality) , then hoping to be at the Valley for 17.00 (as we gain an hour coming to UK).
    Seeing both matches (hopefully), then leaving Shrewsbury at 20.00 on Sunday - dropping @ryanj off in Deal circa 24.00 - catch the 1am ferry to Calais, get to Calais 3am, and then drive to Lux through the night, get home at 7.30 , get to my desk at 8am.

Should be a productive day at work then!
  • MadGerman said:

Me and Kicker from the German Addicks will be at Shrewsbury on Sunday. Unfortunately unable to make the homegame.

Matthias, meet up at Shrewsbury ? Marc is coming with me for home game but can meet up for away?
    Stu, Kicker and I arrive on Saturday in Shrewsbury. So there's time to meet somewhere for a Pint before the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• For those fans coming in from overseas , what are your travel plans to see the play-offs?

The President is actually the president, it is Roland. He's coming to the game then heading back via Calais then Luxembourg into Belgium to be at his desk for 8am to resume his duties as chief coordinating fuckwit.

if we've won, it will be the adrenaline that will keep me going - if we lose , I can sense a half day.!
  • Spookily Chief Coordinating Fuckwit is actually his job title in real life too.
  • I’ve been out the country since the Robinson era... currently in Fiji and didn’t plan for this occasion. Bollocks.
  • Working on it....
  • The semi finals aren't doable for me. Especiallya s I'm just back from Rochdale. If the home leg was a Saturday or Sunday afternoon maybe. But theres no way I'm getting to Shrewsbury on a Sunday evening. We're talking about Wembley but the flight home is a bit pricy and if the game goes to extra time we'd be cutting it close!

Oh from Ireland!
  • Does sheppey count as overseas?
  • I'm looking likely to back in the UK for the playoff final date, though I'll miss the semi finals.

Unfortunately my poor old nan passed away recently (she had a good innings at 85) and the funeral is on the 21st, so I'm flying back from Thailand and will stay for a few weeks. Looking like the cheapest business class flights are Air Malaysia, which would include a layover in KL.

• for the final @jimmymelrose will be flying in from France with his two wee boys and our friends will be doing the same from Cyprus. Hope I’ll be able to get enough tickets !!