Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans Were Brilliant Today.

Ok, the team didn’t really show up today, but watching the game on the telly, the one thing that shone through today was the singing of the Charlton fans, loud and proud, take a bow, keep that going as we’ll need all the support we can for the playoffs.

Comments

• Indeed
  • Does anyone else think the commentators were pushing the whole "we are in the Charlton section" thing a bit too much? Not saying they weren't but they obviously had to address the fact that our boys and girls were so much louder than the home crowd!
  • edited May 2018
    Fans today we're imense!!! Each and every single one of ya! More of the same Thurs and sunday
  • Could only imagine how great they would be under new ownership in this situation.
  • Could only imagine how great they would be under new ownership in this situation.

Well that's killed another thread.
  • Was good, again, even in defeat.
  • RedMist said:

Could only imagine how great they would be under new ownership in this situation.

Sorry!
  • Does anyone else think the commentators were pushing the whole "we are in the Charlton section" thing a bit too much? Not saying they weren't but they obviously had to address the fact that our boys and girls were so much louder than the home crowd!

I was astonished at how quiet the Rochdale fans were given the circumstances.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedMist said:

Could only imagine how great they would be under new ownership in this situation.

Why??
  • I was not pleased when the “going down” chant went up for a while.....unnecessary and pointless by the ‘minority’ who sang it.
    Apart from that one stupid infraction....(they scored shortly afterwards incidentally)....our support was indeed superb and deserved a much better display than we got.

It was an honest appraisal of the league table, don't be scared of the truth!
  • se9addick said:

I was not pleased when the “going down” chant went up for a while.....unnecessary and pointless by the ‘minority’ who sang it.
    Apart from that one stupid infraction....(they scored shortly afterwards incidentally)....our support was indeed superb and deserved a much better display than we got.

Oh don’t be f’ing ridiculous!
  • se9addick said:

I was not pleased when the “going down” chant went up for a while.....unnecessary and pointless by the ‘minority’ who sang it.

I'd say digging our (fantastic) supporters out for reminding a team, that were going down, that they were going down is slightly more ridiculous.
  • What are the words to the new song?

Sounded something like ‘we’re on our way’ but couldn’t make out the rest.
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

I'd say digging our (fantastic) supporters out for reminding a team, that were going down, that they were going down is slightly more ridiculous.
    I just said we were fantastic and that it was a minority that put up the unnecessary going down chant!
    People I was sitting with certainly didn’t join in.
    There was NO animosity between us and Rochdale, quite the opposite in fact.
    The going down chant should only be used between rivals (Millwall or Palace) or at a club who on the day are giving it some to us or who,have a rep for being nasty bastards(do little old Rochdale fit that bill, I think not)....otherwise what’s the point of wasting your breath taking the piss out of those less fortunate....use that breath to support your team and not belittle or insult the oppo. It just makes us look idiotic.
    Thanks for the rules and regs.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Well they weren’t going down you plank!
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Calm yourself down mate.
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

They were at the time as Oldham were also drawing. But when they scored the chant turned straight to "You're staying up" which I thought was pretty funny.
  • RedRyan said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

They were at the time as Oldham were also drawing. But when they scored the chant turned straight to "You're staying up" which I thought was pretty funny.
    Quite, lost on some though it seems.
  • se9addick said:

RedRyan said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Quite, lost on some though it seems.
    Not lost on me, if that’s what you mean.
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

• GNelson said:

We’re on our way, we’re on our way
    To Shrewsbury, next Sunday
    How do we get there, probs the train
    How do we get back, probs the same
    All I know is Charlton’s on their way

Brilliant that
  • Proper Charlton chant with trains it!