Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rochdale v Charlton POST MATCH THREAD 05/05/2018

Embarrassing. First touch awful. Too much faffing about on the ball. Useless on Tv.

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Result didn't matter so they took their foot off the pedal. Don't mind as long as they're up for it on Thursday night against Shrewsbury.

Feel bad for the fans that traveled.
  • Should have been1-1.

As mentioned in the match thread by @Elthamaddick what was that song we kept singing?
  • No injuries,not too much energy used hopefully. Dull as shit game. Bored.
  • Shit. Mind you, the non penalty is one of the worst decisions in the history of football.
    Zyro is one of the worst footballers I've ever seen.
  • If you traveled 450 miles round trip to see that awful loss, do you feel good that you saw us make the playoffs, or bad at having to travel that distance to see such a performance?
  • Sponsored links:

• If you traveled 450 miles round trip to see that awful loss, do you feel good that you saw us make the playoffs, or bad at having to travel that distance to see such a performance?

Now that is one of the most inane postings I think you have ever made.
  • Zero goal threat. First time I have seen us play this season. Yet another shit live TV show. Will need to play much better than that to win through.
  • edited May 2018
    Yeah I mean we were poor but never looked like getting out of second gear. As I wrote at halftime, what worries me is that Rochdale followed the pattern of getting in our face, going direct with the ball, and they really stretched us vertically and our shape went to pieces. When pressed out backline just lump it long and at the best of times we're not very good at that, but it's particularly bad when Zyro is in. I worry about our ability to control the game in midfield with a flat 4-4-2. It's what Bristol, Wimbledon, and Scunthorpe did to us.

Shrewsbury will watch today's match and fancy themselves. If (and that is a big if) they're able to put together anything like the performance at The Valley I think we're in real trouble. If they can regain that ability to swarm and press in midfield and we play that flat 4-4-2 I think we're in real trouble.

The result today didn't matter. The performance is what it is, it was a meaningless game in the end. The question is will we learn lessons from today?
  • Think the whole team is saving itself for Thursday we will see a different team then won't we??
  • Rob said:

If you traveled 450 miles round trip to see that awful loss, do you feel good that you saw us make the playoffs, or bad at having to travel that distance to see such a performance?

Now that is one of the most inane postings I think you have ever made.
    Want me to top it?
    blah blah
  • edited May 2018
    Just cut to Ajose in street clothes. Looked very sharp. The only one today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Finished at Northampton. CAFC forever giving.
  • Do not play those wankers from Wolves and Palace, I have no idea what their names are but they are crap and we will be fine in the play offs.
  • Rob said:

Overall, a strange kind of game. Once Plymouth went 3 and then 4 down, that was it. I'm sure the instructions from Bowyer were to not do anything silly regarding injuries. What with the sun and everything it took on more of a pre season game to me.

We're in the playoffs!!!!!! It's been a long old season what with one thing and another but we're there. Yes!!! Two months ago I didn't think we'd do it. COYR!!!!!

Yeah it's a very good point. A couple months ago I think we'd have all bitten the hand off of anyone offering us a spot in the playoffs, let alone one where the result on the last day didn't matter.
  • Taught me three things,

1. We wont score enough goals to win playoffs,
    2. We need to get out of this division at all costs
    3. Football needs to look at the rule surrounding keeping the ball in the corner and obstruction.