Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Provisional play off ticket plan

Charlton could seal their place in the Sky Bet League One play-offs on Saturday evening and, should they do so, full information on their two-legged semi-final will be published on cafc.co.uk shortly after full time.

The Addicks, who travel to Rochdale on the final day of the season this weekend, could still finish the campaign in fifth, sixth or seventh in the table. Please click here to view League One’s full permutations.

Should they finish fifth, Charlton will play Rotherham United over two legs. The first match would be contested at The Valley on Saturday, May 12th, with the away leg following on Wednesday, May 16th.

A sixth-place finish would mean Charlton would take on Shrewsbury Town. The Addicks would host the Shrews on Thursday, May 10th and then travel to Shropshire on Sunday, May 13th.

Should the Addicks make the play-offs, tickets for the club’s home leg will be sold via Ticketmaster.

Home leg tickets will be available to buy online or by phone. They would go on sale – initially to season ticket holders and Valley Gold members – at 9am on Sunday morning.

Full home leg ticketing details will be published on cafc.co.uk shortly after full-time on Saturday, should Charlton make the play-offs.

In order to purchase tickets, Charlton supporters will need their Client Reference Number. All supporters on the club’s ticket database will be emailed theirs on Saturday and season ticket holders should be aware that their CRN number is displayed on their season ticket card.

Away leg tickets would be sold through The Valley’s ticket office and would go on restricted sale on Tuesday morning. Full away-leg ticket information will be published on www.cafc.co.uk over the weekend.

Hospitality packages for the club’s potential home leg play-off fixture will start at just £20 per person (+ VAT) and supporters interested in them should email sales@cafc.co.uk.

Comments

• If home match tickets are now going on sale via outside agencies, does that now mean that the ticket office can't cope anymore.
  • Perhaps there's a flu epidemic.
  • Perhaps there's a flu epidemic.

Or Lianne on reception has a couple of days annual leave.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

My prediction is by Sunday morning a lot of people will be saying they have not received an email

I have no doubt about that.
  • edited May 2018
    WTF... Dont ticketmaster charge a stupid admin fee?

Hopefully I'll be able to get my regular seat as they usually just allocate you somewhere
  • shirty5 said:

If home match tickets are now going on sale via outside agencies, does that now mean that the ticket office can't cope anymore.

At last.....the new paediatric ward that SE7 has been crying out for.
  • Can't say I'm surprised really considering the state of our ticketing system and the short time period they would have to turn this around. It seems a sensible option but how much service/booking fee will we be charged to order online or by phone using Ticketmaster.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob7Lee said:

This is not going to end well, I can feel it, I’ll end up with a ticket seeing little mix at the O2.....

Take a sip of my secret potion, one taste and you'll be fine!!
  • shirty5 said:

If home match tickets are now going on sale via outside agencies, does that now mean that the ticket office can't cope anymore.

Since when have they coped.
  • PaddyP17 said:

Via Ticketmaster?! What a joke.

I think it's a very good idea, assuming TM have all the necessary info.
    Ticketmaster are used to selling thousands of tickets in a matter of hours, even minutes.
    There's no way our ticket office could sell all those tickets in a few days and also sell tickets for the away leg as well.
    Didn't have this problem 8 years ago when we last appeared in the play offs v Swindon. Back then no online sales (Correct me if I'm wrong) so either ring up or go down to the club.

As we remember the sales of the away tickets (all on general sale) back then on a Monday morining caused carnage. A decision made by the CEO at the time. Wrong then and still wrong now.

So are we saying that another of Madam Meire's decisions (Closing the ticket office downstairs and giving it to the NHS) is now biting us on the arse?
  • Hope Valley Gold don't take most of the tickets from Shrews small away allocation.
  • Do ST holders get priority for their seat?
  • Ticketmaster!!! WTF!!! They charge booking and postage fees. Brilliant. Tickets are printed as you puchase them, so what is the bloody problem?

I guess this is what happens when you have no effective senior management.

This could end up being a farce.
  • edited May 2018
    Rob7Lee said:

This is not going to end well, I can feel it, I’ll end up with a ticket seeing little mix at the O2.....

At least that will have a happy ending ! little mix hmmm..........
  • shirty5 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Ticketmaster are used to selling thousands of tickets in a matter of hours, even minutes.
    There's no way our ticket office could sell all those tickets in a few days and also sell tickets for the away leg as well.
    Didn't have this problem 8 years ago when we last appeared in the play offs v Swindon. Back then no online sales (Correct me if I'm wrong) so either ring up or go down to the club.

As we remember the sales of the away tickets (all on general sale) back then on a Monday morining caused carnage. A decision made by the CEO at the time. Wrong then and still wrong now.

So are we saying that another of Madam Meire's decisions (Closing the ticket office downstairs and giving it to the NHS) is now biting us on the arse?
    Yeah, I rang up for 3 hours, couldn't get through, asked for time out from work and got down there at lunch time as they sold out in front of me. I managed to get one through someone on CL, whilst others took their non Charlton supporting mates.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seems eminently sensible to me. The existing ticket office obviously does not have the resources, technology or experience to handle the sale of such a large number of tickets over a few days. This is a result of legitimate cost saving initiatives over the last few years when sales of match day tickets have always been very low. If the sale of the play off tickets were left to the ticket office with their existing resources and experience I think it would have been a disaster.
  • Seems eminently sensible to me. The existing ticket office obviously does not have the resources, technology or experience to handle the sale of such a large number of tickets over a few days. This is a result of legitimate cost saving initiatives over the last few years when sales of match day tickets have always been very low. If the sale of the play off tickets were left to the ticket office with their existing resources and experience I think it would have been a disaster.

So are you saying that the ticket office is now not fit for purpose?
  • shirty5 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Online, through a proper system (TM) should be the best way, assuming TM have all the necessary info.
    It has to be better than thousands trying to ring a dozen people or people having to travel to The Valley for 9am Sunday, when they could and likely do live a long way away.

It should only go wrong if TM haven't been adequately briefed.
  • Why restrict home seat sales to VG and season ticket holders initialky. They have about 24,000 seats to sell and unless priced at a fiver, and probably not even then, home areas will not sell out. I mean its Shrewsbury not Real Madrid.

Because I don't want you sitting in my seat :smile:
  • Why restrict home seat sales to VG and season ticket holders initialky. They have about 24,000 seats to sell and unless priced at a fiver, and probably not even then, home areas will not sell out. I mean its Shrewsbury not Real Madrid.

Shrewsbury are the Real Madrid of Salop !
  • And seeing as they wont be posted until Tuesday i can see big problems arising on Thursday evening.
  • shirty5 said:

Seems eminently sensible to me. The existing ticket office obviously does not have the resources, technology or experience to handle the sale of such a large number of tickets over a few days. This is a result of legitimate cost saving initiatives over the last few years when sales of match day tickets have always been very low. If the sale of the play off tickets were left to the ticket office with their existing resources and experience I think it would have been a disaster.

It is certainly not fit for the purpose of selling 20-25,000 tickets over a few days. And why should it be?
  • shirty5 said:

Seems eminently sensible to me. The existing ticket office obviously does not have the resources, technology or experience to handle the sale of such a large number of tickets over a few days. This is a result of legitimate cost saving initiatives over the last few years when sales of match day tickets have always been very low. If the sale of the play off tickets were left to the ticket office with their existing resources and experience I think it would have been a disaster.

It is certainly not fit for the purpose of selling 20-25,000 tickets over a few days. And why should it be?
    No difference then to 8 years ago?
  • And seeing as they wont be posted until Tuesday i can see big problems arising on Thursday evening.

Do Ticketmaster offer a print at home option?