Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pubs for tomorrow (Manchester and Rochdale)

Just wondering if there’s a certain pub that Charlton fans are heading for tomorrow. I meet a friend at 1 in Manc and we was planning to have a few there before we head to Rochdale. I’ve heard whispers that some Charlton fans are drinking near Manchester Piccadilly..

So come on boys, where we all meeting! Let’s get a good prematch boozer atmosphere going!

Comments

• Not a direct route from Manchester but I strongly reccomend the Stalybridge Station Buffett. A life experience not to be missed.
  • edited May 2018

Just wondering if there’s a certain pub that Charlton fans are heading for tomorrow. I meet a friend at 1 in Manc and we was planning to have a few there before we head to Rochdale. I’ve heard whispers that some Charlton fans are drinking near Manchester Piccadilly..

So come on boys, where we all meeting! Let’s get a good prematch boozer atmosphere going!

I think I’m going to start in Wetherspoons Piccadilly - just like before Bury. But this time I’m not going to drink 5 beers, 5 double Vodka and Monsters and 3 Sambucas.

You can buy the first round - my order is above.
  • We arrive at Manchester at 2:30 so I’m taking my son to the Etihad to have a look around and a few photos, a beer or two around there and then heading towards Rochdale to one of the pubs mentioned in the away guide linked to by @clive earlier. Very much looking forward to it.
  • We'll likely end up in the Ratcliffe Arms but want to find another pub before that, in Rochdale.
  • Macronate said:

We'll likely end up in the Ratcliffe Arms but want to find another pub before that, in Rochdale.

Loads by the town hall
  • Just wondering if there’s a certain pub that Charlton fans are heading for tomorrow. I meet a friend at 1 in Manc and we was planning to have a few there before we head to Rochdale. I’ve heard whispers that some Charlton fans are drinking near Manchester Piccadilly..

I think I’m going to start in Wetherspoons Piccadilly - just like before Bury. But this time I’m not going to drink 5 beers, 5 double Vodka and Monsters and 3 Sambucas.

I think that’s where my friend mentioned to go. Sounds like a good round! I’ll just get my bankruptcy letter sorted for after I buy that round a few times.

Will PM you when we’re there possibly
  • Just wondering if there’s a certain pub that Charlton fans are heading for tomorrow. I meet a friend at 1 in Manc and we was planning to have a few there before we head to Rochdale. I’ve heard whispers that some Charlton fans are drinking near Manchester Piccadilly..

I think that’s where my friend mentioned to go. Sounds like a good round! I’ll just get my bankruptcy letter sorted for after I buy that round a few times.

Ok mate, no worries.
  • Macronate said:

We'll likely end up in the Ratcliffe Arms but want to find another pub before that, in Rochdale.

Rochdale is very cheap for a beer.

Have a good time everyone.

Ok mate, no worries.
    Some people will do anything for a beer.

Ok mate, no worries.
    I was taught by the master.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve not been to Rochdale since the late 70s, although some real ale recommendations from my Dale supporting mate are as follows:

2 or 3 very near Rochdale Station:

- Flying Horse Hotel, 37 Packer Street, OL16 1NJ. It’s on the Town Hall Square

-the real ale tap in former Post Office Building, opposite the Town Hall is also supposed to be good

- The Regal Moon, The Butts, OL16 1HB. A big ‘Spoons pub, about 0.5 miles from the Station.

Within a mile or so:

- Cemetery Hotel & Pub, 470 Bury Rd, Rochdale, OL11 5EU (0.7 mile, 15 mins walk from ground). I think this one (also a CAMRA Heritage pub) is regarded as the best one near the ground.

-The Baum, 33-37 Toad Lane, Rochdale, OL12 0NU [1 mile from Station, 1.1 mile from Cemetery Hotel, 1 mile from ground. It’s also next door to the Rochdale Pioneers Museum, the birthplace of the modern co-operative movement. It’s small but free and maybe worth a quick visit if you’re going to The Baum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Manchester Pubs:

Our daughter used to go to Manchester University, so I’m more familiar with the place.

One that I strongly recommend is The Marble Arch, 73 Rochdale Rd, M4 4HY, which is only 0.5 miles from Manchester Victoria Station. A lovely interior and good beer. It’s also near the National Football Museum for anyone staying over.

There are loads of interesting bars and pubs in Manchester - for example, in the Northern Quarter. Some of the ones I’ve liked are:

-.The Briton’s Protection, Great Bridgewater Street

-Port Street Beer House, 39-41 Port Street (Northern Quarter)

-Pevril of the Peak, Great Bridgewater St

I think a hot, thirst-quenching weekend is in prospect.

Ok mate, no worries.
    I was taught by the master.
    Looks like our ETA is roughly around 1. Are you still heading to the spoons?
  • Currently in the spoons at Piccadilly.