Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Quest becomes new home of EFL highlights

From next season, the EFL highlights will move from Channel 5 to....Quest.

A free to air channel owned by Discovery, and buried down the EPG! This also covers the League Cup and Checktrade...

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/may/quest-becomes-new-home-of-efl-highlights

Comments

• That will do for me, I like a bit of Quest. I hope they change the format though, those fans talking into their phones with a view right up their noses pisses me right off. That is why I record it and fast forward the crap bits.
  • They need to change that crap music às well
  • "hosted by Colin Murray who has proved a popular figure"

has he??

just hope they stop the pun filled commentary and the woman who explains what happens before we even see the highlights.
  • Shame really. I think Channel 5 have done a great job.
  • who the f**k are Quest ??? I assume they are on SKY, if so, what channel ??? I regularly trawl through a lot of channels & never heard of them. Even Drama is on 158, and they show re-runs of Silent witness & Waking the Dead......Quest must be 200 & something.

EFL sold their soul............again !
  • edited May 2018
    From the article in the first post

Where to find Quest:

Freeview – 37
    Sky – 144
    Virgin – 172
    Freesat – 167
  • From the article in the first post

Where to find Quest:

Freeview – 37
    Sky – 144
    Virgin – 172
    Freesat – 167

Many thanks. I have to admit I'm a technophobe & haven't selected any favourite channels on my Sky box - might have to do so now.
  • edited May 2018
    I don't get it. If you want to find EFL games, they're being shown on free to view TV and you can quite easily find it.

TV has changed. Get over it.

Believe it or not, not everybody wants to see Yeovil v Colchester live on a Saturday night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope they have Caroline Barker back. Mainly because she's a mate of mine and I can hassle her to call Roland c*** on air.
  • Addickted said:

I don't get it. If you want to find EFL games, they're being shown on free to view TV and you can quite easily find it.

Believe it or not, not everybody wants to see Yeovil v Colchester live on a Saturday night.

I don't know if this is aimed at me or not, but surely C5 is free anyway, so immaterial if you can get Quest free-to-view somewhere. Just a pain that its not on "normal" TV but some obscure channel. Might as well show it on Movies for men.
  • That will do for me, I like a bit of Quest. I hope they change the format though, those fans talking into their phones with a view right up their noses pisses me right off. That is why I record it and fast forward the crap bits.

I dont think those people are randoms... Seem to be vloggers like the lad who does it for Charlton - Guess they upload their videos to YouTube as normal which C5 help themselves to
  • Addickted said:

Which channels show free to view EFL games?
  • last week i tried to catch highlights of the Charlton v Blackburn game, it cant of been for longer then 30 seconds. what is the point, you get better highlights on sky sports app, hopefully they change it so we can at least get 2 minutes coverage. Maybe if we get promoted will sort that out but still a bit of a joke show, they do have some good guests on though.
  • last week i tried to catch highlights of the Charlton v Blackburn game, it cant of been for longer then 30 seconds. what is the point, you get better highlights on sky sports app, hopefully they change it so we can at least get 2 minutes coverage. Maybe if we get promoted will sort that out but still a bit of a joke show, they do have some good guests on though.

What I've noticed with the Sky Sports app though is that the highlights are always 2 minutes long. It doesn't matter if it was a 0-0 draw or a 8 goal thriller.
  • edited May 2018
    I'm not sure why any broadcaster would pay to show highlights at a set time when Sky show them for free on their website/ app.

If the EFL were serious about attracting more fans they would take a lower bid and have live games on free to air as Sky hardly bother to show any anyway.
  • Quest have been slowly bringing in more sport, they share the British Superbike races with Eurosport.
    The way I look at it is that it should give clubs like us more airtime.
  • Highlights obviously highly sought after

If my experience of watching is anything to go by, then it's unlikely to be too much of a money spinner for Channel 5: Always record it, always watch the Charlton highlights, sometimes watch Southend or some other team that I might have a passing interest in. Very rarely watch from start to finish. Always skip the adverts (if I even get that far). For a channel in need of advertising revenues it might be a rather disappointing proposition. For Quest who, judging by the response on here, might think they've done well just by raising their profile it could be a worthwhile venture.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

Quest have been slowly bringing in more sport, they share the British Superbike races with Eurosport.
    The way I look at it is that it should give clubs like us more airtime.

Quest showing highlight of Giro d'Italia 2018 and covered last years too.
  • PopIcon said:

SD?

Yes
    Stig said:

Highlights obviously highly sought after

If my experience of watching is anything to go by, then it's unlikely to be too much of a money spinner for Channel 5: Always record it, always watch the Charlton highlights, sometimes watch Southend or some other team that I might have a passing interest in. Very rarely watch from start to finish. Always skip the adverts (if I even get that far). For a channel in need of advertising revenues it might be a rather disappointing proposition. For Quest who, judging by the response on here, might think they've done well just by raising their profile it could be a worthwhile venture.
    For the teams in the Championship, you get proper highlights so I imagine fans of those teams would be more likely to watch the whole first hour
  • Currently on Championship games

See how much if any coverage the crisp protest gets
  • Finally after the break its league 1.

Love the fact The Championship gets an hour for 11 games.

League 1 and League 2 get half hour for 24 games
  • After the standard of todays game I doubt they could find enough highlights to fill even 30mins for League One
  • Lovely coverage... the commentator must be a Lifer with the amount of puns he came out with
  • How many puns did he want to get in
  • I thought it was better when the highlights were on the BBC.
  • Well said Dean Ashton

For those who missed it Colin Murray said to him were the fans right to do it

Deans response, if they did a peaceful protest the wouldnt get noticed, its a shame but they had to do this to get media attention

Only thing I disagreed with was the way he said that if we did a peaceful protest - I honestly think all of our protests have been peaceful, none have shown aggression thats for sure