Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kanye West

That’s some statement

Comments

• Oh christ....
  • The slavery was a choice one?
  • Another twat in the Eubank / Barton mould.

Reads a book or looks at the internet then start spouting like they’re fucking Socrates.

You can add his mate Donald to that list, although reading a book might be stretching it a bit in his case.
  • edited May 2018
    Kanye earlier told TMZ: "When you hear about slavery for 400 years... for 400 years? That sounds like a choice."

He added: "You was there for 400 years and it's all of y'all? It's like we're mentally imprisoned."

He later tweeted to clarify that "of course I know that slaves did not get shackled and put on a boat by free will".

He added: "My point is for us to have stayed in that position even though the numbers were on our side means that we were mentally enslaved."

he claimed he was "being attacked for presenting new ideas".

does make you wonder how are racial relations going to move on if celebrities still refer to black people as a different to white people "us" and "them".
  • He's an absolute cunt. Him and the fuckwit family he's married into can all get in the fucking sea. Everything that is wrong with the world in one package

This is the modern world - the world worships celebrities however ignorant they are. People have always been outspoken and stupid - they didn't used to get so much publicity.

West is a big fan of Trump and has the same sense of entitlement. They both lost touch with reality a long time ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Summit for you all to get your smalls tangled over though. Who the fuck is he?
  • It’s to be excepted...I blame the parents - Fred and Rose weren’t good role models for him.

In all honesty it was his mother’s death that screwed Kanye up. He was always a bit of a character before then but that messed him up.
  • Summit for you all to get your smalls tangled over though. Who the fuck is he?

He aint nothing but a gold digger.
  • There would be riots if for example, Bieber, Trump, or Timberlake said that.
  • Kanye earlier told TMZ: "When you hear about slavery for 400 years... for 400 years? That sounds like a choice."

He added: "You was there for 400 years and it's all of y'all? It's like we're mentally imprisoned."

He later tweeted to clarify that "of course I know that slaves did not get shackled and put on a boat by free will".

He added: "My point is for us to have stayed in that position even though the numbers were on our side means that we were mentally enslaved."

does make you wonder how are racial relations going to move on if celebrities still refer to black people as a different to white people "us" and "them".

Kanye earlier told TMZ: "When you hear about slavery for 400 years... for 400 years? That sounds like a choice."

If you take Kanye West seriously you've got problems. He's a spokesperson for himself.

Sadly people take the inane ramblings of ill-informed celebrities far too seriously.
  • Kanye earlier told TMZ: "When you hear about slavery for 400 years... for 400 years? That sounds like a choice."

If you take Kanye West seriously you've got problems. He's a spokesperson for himself.

Sadly people take the inane ramblings of ill-informed celebrities far too seriously.
    @hoof_it_up_to_benty there would be outrage and likley riots and calls for them to be incarcerated if a white/non black celebrity said this of the same level of fame as kanye west, just the world we live in, skin colour doesn't define who you are the way you behave does.
  • A "singer" in talking utter bollox shock
  • They should make a film about him. Samuel L Jackson could play him - he is good at that sort of role!
  • Love his music but he's not quite the full ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

@hoof_it_up_to_benty there would be outrage and likley riots and calls for them to be incarcerated if a white/non black celebrity said this of the same level of fame as kanye west, just the world we live in, skin colour doesn't define who you are the way you behave does.
    Probably best to ignore him - he's a celebrity not a politician and people should remember that.

If celebrities say ignorant stuff it's hardly new - this isn't a preserve of any colour.

If a white celebrity makes an ignorant comment I don't see that person as anything other than ignorant and the same goes for black celebrities. Numerous white celebrities have made racist comments and there haven't been riots.

The US had segregation until 1964 and a history of lynchings and the KKK. Contentious views, whoever they are from, can help to make the dialogue worse.

The ramblings of Kanye West have not received a lot of support from anyone as far as I can see - a lot of what he says seems a little nonsensical.

• edited May 2018
    You see if he meant that originally those enslaved were done so by physical means but then eventually they became enslaved mentally then I’d understand that to a degree, however I don’t think he’s clever enough to think that way.
  • buckshee said:

You see if he meant that originally those enslaved were done so by physical means but then eventually they became enslaved mentally then I’d understand that to a degree, however I don’t think he’s clever enough to think that way.

Yes, there is a serious point that can be made about African Americans being mentally enslaved by their history even now (unlike other non white groups in the US) which being generous was probably what he was trying to say, but didn't do it very well...
  • buckshee said:

Apparently, according to his clarification, that is what he meant.

Possibly TMZ isn't the place for him to begin this sort of conversation...
  • proper bellend, liked his early stuff but since he hasn't really done anything and has a massive ego.
  • seth plum said:

When he talks about 'mentally enslaved' does he mean Daily Mail readers?

No he means Remoaners.

BREXIT MEANS BREXIT!
  • Detached from reality just like his mate Trump which is to be expected when you don’t have to worry about where your next meal is coming from.