Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Options
    DA9 said:

The nightmare scenario of having Palace AND Millwall in the PL is at least averted now (unless something extraordinary happens next Sunday)

Firstly, they have to beat Villa
    Derby have to lose at home to Barnsley
    Preston have to lose or draw at home to Burton Albion

9 goal swing required on derby as well, even if the results go their way, the GD will do for them
    The dream is still alive. With Morison & Gregory and a Villa team full of kids we should stuff 'em 11-0 at least.
  • Options
    is quite comical the millwall fans that are now taking the " we didnt want playoffs anyway " they have had a great season and in all fairness i don't think they would of won playoffs but a very good season lets just hope they plummet next season :smile:
  • Options
    edited April 2018

is quite comical the millwall fans that are now taking the " we didnt want playoffs anyway " they have had a great season and in all fairness i don't think they would of won playoffs but a very good season lets just hope they plummet next season :smile:

As I said, this thread should be renamed back to Relegation watch now.
  • Options

5/1 to win the play-offs?

Just had some of that. Don't let me down.

Very nice of you of course BBW but did you factor in the famous CAFC bottle it divisor?
    I have every faith in you, @soapy_jones
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Funnily enough yesterday I got heckled by (what Im guessing was) a Millwall fan. Was wandering down the road in my CAFC jacket minding me own business, when a slightly gruff looking chap blurted "Plymuff!" at me just as he passed me. I was pretty bemused for a few seconds as my first thought was "blimey youre far from home...", only to twig that the accent he had would suggest he wasnt actually a "plymuff" fan, but most likely a millwall fan, there are few floating around in Woolwich where I live.

Another example of how much they dont care about us, yet they seem to pay enough attention to the league below them and the intricacies of play off race in it.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Funnily enough yesterday I got heckled by (what Im guessing was) a Millwall fan. Was wandering down the road in my CAFC jacket minding me own business, when a slightly gruff looking chap blurted "Plymuff!" at me just as he passed me. I was pretty bemused for a few seconds as my first thought was "blimey youre far from home...", only to twig that the accent he had would suggest he wasnt actually a "plymuff" fan, but most likely a millwall fan, there are few floating around in Woolwich where I live.

Another example of how much they dont care about us, yet they seem to pay enough attention to the league below them and the intricacies of play off race in it.

It's no different to the disproportionate number of Charlton fans that tuned in to watch us on Saturday.

Oh, and this thread :wink:
  • Options

Yeah, nearly as comical as all the boycotting Charlton fans that have started jumping through all the justification hoops to start attending again now that a play-off spot is on the cards.

Anyone would think that football fans are a fickle bunch.

I'm sure the irony isn't lost on you, though :smiley:
    Tbf, boycotting takes proper commitment. It's something I couldn't do, but fully respect those who do. Falling off the wagon during playoff fight is more than understandable. It's nothing to do with being fickle as I'm sure you know ;-)

There were those on this forum supporting you in your fight to keep your ground, so having a dig a those here fighting for our club seems a bit petty @MillwallFan (albeit written in jest maybe?)
  • Options
    I have my own personal reasons why I loath The Spanner’s and will till the day I die.....so I’m absolutely delighted in their failure to attain a play-off spot.
    Fuck ‘em!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Yeah, nearly as comical as all the boycotting Charlton fans that have started jumping through all the justification hoops to start attending again now that a play-off spot is on the cards.

Tbf, boycotting takes proper commitment. It's something I couldn't do, but fully respect those who do. Falling off the wagon during playoff fight is more than understandable. It's nothing to do with being fickle as I'm sure you know ;-)

There were those on this forum supporting you in your fight to keep your ground, so having a dig a those here fighting for our club seems a bit petty @MillwallFan (albeit written in jest maybe?)
    Of course I know. I just wasn't going to sit back and have an accusation levelled at us when a comparable thing was happening at your place :smile:

I'm completely with you on @MillwallFan being petty. There was no need for it :lol:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well said.

#notapennymore
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I may be one of the few Charlton fans on here who was 'brought up' as a Millwall fan.

I have fond memories of The Den in the 60's. I remember one match that Millwall won 2-1. The first goal was scored just before half time, the winner just before full time. JS missed both goals, and when I asked him why he slipped away just before the whistle he told me he had to make the tea. I feel it's possible it was a different sort of liquid refreshment he was after.

The boardroom was totally unlike the rest of the ground. Wood paneled, with a table laden with food in the centre of the room, and an old school wooden board on the wall showing the half time scores. It got noisy and smokey, but as a seven or eight year old it was quite exciting to be allowed to be there, and I got to meet football figures from that era including Tommy Docherty. At the time there was no obvious rivalry with Charlton, who were always a league (or two) above.

Oh, I also remember there was a toilet just off the boardroom, and it was like a tin pan, with no flush. I'm sure I was told there was a problem with the plumbing because the ground was built between the railway tracks, so there was no mains water drainage or something?
  • Options
    I have spent many a happy afternoon/evening down the old den, used to go with Millwall supporting mates or family.

All clubs need a rival for a local derby so I don't get all this hate for Millwall. Would rather be in the same league as them than not.
  • Options

My recollection of matches at The Den is not quite so rose tinted and I attended quite a few back in the early sixties when my uncle (a Charlton fan) used to take me to both The Valley and The Den.

Always found the place to have an overtly aggressive feel with middle aged men the culprits just as much as the obvious teen groups. My first real experience of every sentence starting and ending in the word fuck. Before anyone says it’s an urban myth. Yes I did see grown middle aged men brawling with each other. Not every week of course but often enough. Also remember the posters at all the exits warning of ground closures should there be any trouble. It was a dreadful place and full of dreadful people. As far as I can tell it still is.

Glad the playoffs are now not going to happen for Millwall. Just like every other season I hope next season sees them relegated.

Detest everything about the scummy club.

Can't beat a wild exaggeration to completely nullify your argument :wink:

So much hate emanating from someone that portrays themselves as being a caring person. It's become somewhat of a trend now :smiley:
  • Options
    With the right recruitment this summer they will be there or thereabouts again next season.
  • Options
    I dont have much to add, other than Neil Harris looks like a little rat.
  • Options

I have spent many a happy afternoon/evening down the old den, used to go with Millwall supporting mates or family.

All clubs need a rival for a local derby so I don't get all this hate for Millwall. Would rather be in the same league as them than not.

I'll agree with that and I too have some happy memories of games at the old Den.

I don't hate Millwall (have little choice as all my in-laws are Millwall fans and my missus is from Deptford) - it's just banter.

Now if we're talking about the stripey c........?
  • Options
    Not all good news of course for us, but it's actually been a pretty successful season for South London/NW Kent, with Hodgson's turnaround job, Millwall overachieving, Wimbledon staying up (and seeing MKD go down) Welling and Bromley doing pretty well in the league (and Bromley getting to Wembley), and Ebsfleet and Dartford in the playoffs for promotion.

• Options

My recollection of matches at The Den is not quite so rose tinted and I attended quite a few back in the early sixties when my uncle (a Charlton fan) used to take me to both The Valley and The Den.

Always found the place to have an overtly aggressive feel with middle aged men the culprits just as much as the obvious teen groups. My first real experience of every sentence starting and ending in the word fuck. Before anyone says it’s an urban myth. Yes I did see grown middle aged men brawling with each other. Not every week of course but often enough. Also remember the posters at all the exits warning of ground closures should there be any trouble. It was a dreadful place and full of dreadful people. As far as I can tell it still is.

Glad the playoffs are now not going to happen for Millwall. Just like every other season I hope next season sees them relegated.

So much hate emanating from someone that portrays themselves as being a caring person. It's become somewhat of a trend now :smiley:
    You utter plank.......wild exaggeration......Jesus wept I too was there in those days and can CONFIRM every word SHG has written.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You utter plank.......wild exaggeration......Jesus wept I too was there in those days and can CONFIRM every word SHG has written.
    Grrrrrr to you, too.

'Full' would suggest that everyone fell into that category. It's patently obvious that, although an exaggeration, it's still an untruth.

Frothing at the mouth wont change the fact that you're wrong.
  • Options
    My neighbour is from bermondsey originally (a bermugee as i call them), he has a season ticket and admits that, in his own words 'the ground is full of very embarrassing people' and when Leeds or someone turns up, that only increases with grown men standing there giving it all the throat cutting and hold me back nonsense for 90 minutes. He takes his son (the only reason he still goes) and gets genuinely embarrassed.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

My neighbour is from bermondsey originally (a bermugee as i call them), he has a season ticket and admits that, in his own words 'the ground is full of very embarrassing people' and when Leeds or someone turns up, that only increases with grown men standing there giving it all the throat cutting and hold me back nonsense for 90 minutes. He takes his son (the only reason he still goes) and gets genuinely embarrassed.

With your track record on getting things right, I hope you'll excuse me if I take your comments with a pinch of salt :wink:
    do what u like - name one thing I've got wrong
  • Options
    I don't agree with the thread title being named "millwall watch" it suggests millwall are a focus point in general.

The millwall of the thread title has to have a reason behind it.

If we went on the millwall forum and saw a thread near the top that said "charlton watch"

The feedback would be

"What a joke...they're obsessed!"
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

With your track record on getting things right, I hope you'll excuse me if I take your comments with a pinch of salt :wink:
    The spelling of 'you'.
    You're on a roll, BBW.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

To be fair. Those are West Ham fans.

• Options
    Also that ground is never full
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

The spelling of 'you'.
    You're on a roll, BBW.
    Its clearly a slow day at the caravan site.