Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans United v The EFL

We've put up a poster outside the EFL HQ in Preston. Link on this thread. https://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=2985266

Comments

• edited April 2018
    N01R4M said:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbyCsefW0AAVSZL.jpg:large

Why no mention of Charlton Athletic??

Probably because it would ruin the colour scheme. Leyton Orient were worse done by than us
  • Not sure why Hull are on there. Their owner wanted to change their name, and it was rejected by the authorities. Other than that they're hardly in the same class as Orient or Blackpool
  • Bit odd to start a thread on here about it @Hertsseasider, yet not mention Charlton on the poster? Would be curious to know the reasoning behind that.
  • Real shame we weren't included on the poster. As if we don't feel alienated enough at the moment! Poor form considering a lot of Charlton fans would happily agree with and back the cause as it aligns with a lot of our views.
  • can get fucked now
  • would certainly say we have been fucked over more than hull & blackburn ( who might i add are bringing over 3000 tomorrow ) to a promotion party.

ridiculous thing to post, we have contributed to the cause and to be deliberately missed out i think is a joke
  • stick that poster up your arse
  • Sponsored links:

• Perhaps it was funded by those clubs listed?
  • He has probably read on here we are gearing up to take 30,000 plus to Wembley if we get there. Blackpool boycotted both their semi final and Wembley final to show their solidarity against their bad owner.
  • His probably thought we would have new owners when the poster was ordered, after reading on some other forum where the take over would be completed today.
  • Hate to say it bit a few times I have felt this in campaigns organised by Blackpool fans they have seemingly listed a load of clubs and completely ignored us. Particularly the tangerine Knights. Not sure why.
  • Blimey we're all a bit precious tonight, just because Charlton weren't named. No need for a schism, we're all fans. Well done to Blackpool fans for organising it. If the truth be known the response from SE London boroughs to that petition has been pretty pathetic so far, despite links on here. Perhaps they thought we weren't interested.

One thing I will criticise though is the publicity photo. #Hertsseasider - You might want to tell the people organising this to send out a new photo. There's no point at all in sending out a publicity shot if the link that you're publicising is obscured by the bill poster guy. That's the whole point of it!
  • We could always use the card money and do our own poster
  • One Billboard Outside Preston, Lancs.

• Stig said:

Blimey we're all a bit precious tonight, just because Charlton weren't named. No need for a schism, we're all fans. Well done to Blackpool fans for organising it. If the truth be known the response from SE London boroughs to that petition has been pretty pathetic so far, despite links on here. Perhaps they thought we weren't interested.

Bit of a vicious cycle I suspect - don't include or recognise us? Ain't gonna sign.
    I imagine there are quite a few of us that feel like we have been excluded and ignored by this and other campaigns (if canters is right - I don't know enough about the other campaigns to comment) despite our significant issues as a club - it's a bit precious - maybe even childish and over-sensitive and we should be looking at the bigger picture and being a bit more mature about it, but I know it pissed me off particularly as i've seen a lot of time and effort from my fellow Addicks go into raising awareness and media profile to the plight of the club and by extension attacking the EFL via very original and creative protests (many of which other sets of fans took inspiration from afterwards as well) - and which didn't only put pressure on RD, but the EFL as well. Its a bit frustrating that that seemingly isn't being recognised by other sets of fans.

I'm sure it's all just a big misunderstanding though.
  • I think Brighton and Coventry get it, and pretty much every other reasonably aware football fan I've spoken to.
    But leaving us off that isn't going to engender support. I've signed because the EFL are abysmal, but I thought twice about it due to that poster.
  • Sponsored links:

• We are on there, just above Blackpool written in white
  • I might be mis-reading things but according to this status and subsequent comments on it, it suggests that other clubs were not put on due to not enough signatures on a petition.

IMHO the poster would have looked more impressive littered with all the clubs that have been let down by the EFL including us, the original Wimbledon and many more. Not like there isn't a lot of white space to fill...

But then again I didn't organise it, so who am I to complain
  • edited April 2018
    If it's just about how many signatures from each area were received and that's the justification for leaving out teams who are in worse situations than Hull and Blackburn then fair enough.

Didn't realise it was a popularity contest though!
    Think the organisers by saying that have made it unnecessarily divisive when it's supposed to be about fans coming together whether big or small clubs.

The poster could have had the same effect and included way more teams and been less divisive if they have just used club badges rather than just writing the names of a few select teams that are represented in the petition. But as said above I didn't organise it so can't complain!
  • Hey guys, no offence intended. I've no idea what the criteria was for naming clubs and I know CARD have done their bit. Don't lose sight of the big picture though, It's not just Roland Out, it's stopping a Roland ever getting back in again. PS - Do you really think CAFC have been treated worse than those listed on the poster?
  • Hey guys, no offence intended. I've no idea what the criteria was for naming clubs and I know CARD have done their bit. Don't lose sight of the big picture though, It's not just Roland Out, it's stopping a Roland ever getting back in again. PS - Do you really think CAFC have been treated worse than those listed on the poster?

How have Hull been treated badly, the authorities blocked their proposed name change whilst we still have no senior staff.

yeah you're right... Blackburn have had it horrible this year... them and the 3000 expected at the Valley tomorrow must be gutted ...and which continental European 4th division manager did they get lumbered with in their previous championship season...?
  • N01R4M said:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbyCsefW0AAVSZL.jpg:large

Why no mention of Charlton Athletic??

This thread has taken a different turn to that which was in my mind when I posted my comment!

My thought was is the external world (including Blackpool) assuming all is now well at Charlton Athletic, as there have been no big protests at The Valley this year, and hence no discussion of our on-going ownership problem in the press?

No CEO, no CFO, a caretaker manager 'til the end of the season with no prospect of a permanent appointment, and an incompetent, uninterested owner reducing expenditure to the bare minimum - whatever the outcome of our on-going hopes for the play-offs, we face the summer unfit to prepare for the new season. Yet the wider world appears oblivious.

Hopefully action in Belgium by ROT will grab a few headlines over there, but will the British press show interest? Time will tell.
  • Our omission from that poster is a disgrace. Hull and Blackburn? Do me a favour.