Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anglo Italian Cup trip-Brescia 12th October 1993

2»

Comments

• DA9 said:

_MrDick said:

DA9 said:

I recognise the guy in the denim jacket, but cant remember his name

Martin ‘Woody’ Wood
    Rings a bell, not seen him for years, anyone know if he still goes?
    Believe he does, still bump into him every now and again, used to go on the away coaches for years with him and many others (Betty's coach)
  • The museum would love to have these and any other fan photos from any era.

@TellyTubby can we borrow them to scan them please?

Meanwhile, what we do have in the Museum

image.
  • I went to Brescia. A great day but a long day. I’m sure ive seen a official video of this trip once on a coach going to/return anyway match.
  • DA9 said:

_MrDick said:

DA9 said:

I recognise the guy in the denim jacket, but cant remember his name

Martin ‘Woody’ Wood
    Rings a bell, not seen him for years, anyone know if he still goes?
    I'm pretty sure I saw him in Belgium for the protest but as a shit drinker and their strong lager it was all a bit hazey for me
    Yes, he was definitely in Belgium as I spoke to him.
    He lives in Kent now, possibly Whitstable and IIRC (probably don't) he doesn't come to many games these days.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

My biggest regret was going to the England game instead of Italy, I left the groups match tickets in a bar, they were still there an hour later but, in going back to them I got chased all about Rotterdam. Found my way back to the England fans near to the railway station just in time to be baton charged and CS gassed.

Eventually got to the ground but was soon hit by a flying tyre lever chucked into our corner and then lost to a dubious goal. Did I not like that!

We were kept in for what seemed like hours, subjected to hardcore techno just to calm us all down whilst everyone about me planned to wreck Dublin the following week.

Classic 80s/90s England away trip!

Been to a few overseas pre season trips but would give anything to follow Charlton in Europe just once before I pop my clogs

Keep an eye out for the pre-season friendlies.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

My biggest regret was going to the England game instead of Italy, I left the groups match tickets in a bar, they were still there an hour later but, in going back to them I got chased all about Rotterdam. Found my way back to the England fans near to the railway station just in time to be baton charged and CS gassed.

Eventually got to the ground but was soon hit by a flying tyre lever chucked into our corner and then lost to a dubious goal. Did I not like that!

We were kept in for what seemed like hours, subjected to hardcore techno just to calm us all down whilst everyone about me planned to wreck Dublin the following week.

Been to a few overseas pre season trips but would give anything to follow Charlton in Europe just once before I pop my clogs

Met up with my mate who'd stayed in Amsterdam the day before the match and he'd brought some industrial strength grass with him.

Couldn't even get up off my seat when they finally let us out after the game.

image.

Of course. I have some other images still to go public with that might be of interest that I will post very soon and ongoing.
  • I was on the coach,but my ugly mug isn't in any of those photo's.I remember the journey home and being held up at the ferry port.Lot's of other memories from that trip too.:)

image.

Of course. I have some other images still to go public with that might be of interest that I will post very soon and ongoing.
    Thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• I was on the coach,but my ugly mug isn't in any of those photo's.I remember the journey home and being held up at the ferry port.Lot's of other memories from that trip too.:)

I was on the coach,but my ugly mug isn't in any of those photo's.I remember the journey home and being held up at the ferry port.Lot's of other memories from that trip too.:)

Iwill see if i can find a photo of you if you wish.
  • Martin does indeed live in Whitstable, that was one messy trip, Ancona wasn't a bad crack either!
  • SE7toSG3 said:

Met up with my mate who'd stayed in Amsterdam the day before the match and he'd brought some industrial strength grass with him.

Couldn't even get up off my seat when they finally let us out after the game.
    I can’t get enough of your away days in the early 90s.

I was on the coach,but my ugly mug isn't in any of those photo's.I remember the journey home and being held up at the ferry port.Lot's of other memories from that trip too.:)

Iwill see if i can find a photo of you if you wish.
    :)

think we were held up because England had played somewhere in Europe that night and there had been trouble. Remember getting back to Bexleyheath about 8am.
  • Martin does indeed live in Whitstable, that was one messy trip, Ancona wasn't a bad crack either!

If you see him @Rock Spectacle , tell him I said hello
  • Will do mate, given me an excuse to pop in the social club in town!
  • I was sat next to Chris B on the coach....after too many Carlsberg Exports on the ferry I was sick somewhere between Calais and the mountains....waking up in the morning the poor woman sat in front of us found a mixture of peas and carrots in he shoe. Happy days haha
  • Found another one of the trip. At least I think it is.image
  • edited April 2018
    Could that be a young Henry Irving 2nd row from front on the right as you look at photo?
  • Sponsored links:

• Could that be a young Henry Irving 2nd row from front on the right as you look at photo?

See where you are coming from but think not.
  • Could that be a young Henry Irving 2nd row from front on the right as you look at photo?

No. You’d have to go back many more decades for a young @Henry Irving :-)

No. You’d have to go back many more decades for a young @Henry Irving :-)
    Henry was not o that trip and he's not wearin a cardigan
  • My mates in the picture (who doesn’t come on here) I was sitting next to him but not in the picture. Great trip and remember a few faces that I still see at Charlton but can’t remember names
  • What a great picture from a great trip,i`m there and so is Martyn Edwards and a few old faces i remember.