Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Avengers Infinity War - The Spoilers [DO NOT ENTER THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT]

edited April 2018 in Not Sports Related
I won't start the opening post with spoilers, however the next post is where they begin...

_

Comments

• Have you seen it? Did it make sense to you?

I saw it last night and the problem for me was I was effectively coming it to cold as I don't know enough of the backstory of a lot of the characters. It's not really a film you can watch in isolation.
  • edited April 2018
    Peter Quill
    Loki
    T'Challa
    Bucky
    Gomorrah
    Drax
    Groot
    Mantis
    Spidey
    Black Widow
    Strange
    Fury

All key characters to the franchise gone!

Will be interesting to see if Strange handing over the time stone was the one line of events that meant Thanos could be stopped.

Really enjoyable movie. Lots of sequels out there already announced so expect many of the dead to be undeaded in 2019.

Only the original Avengers cast was spared (where was Hawkeye?)
  • Have you seen it? Did it make sense to you?

I saw it last night and the problem for me was I was effectively coming it to cold as I don't know enough of the backstory of a lot of the characters. It's not really a film you can watch in isolation.

Having seen all the other films (except black panther) it did make sense was surprised by how many were killed off, until I remembered Strange saying something like there are 14 million outcomes and only one where Thanos can be defeated.

• Dazzler21 said:

Have you seen it? Did it make sense to you?

Having seen all the other films (except black panther) it did make sense was surprised by how many were killed off, until I remembered Strange saying something like there are 14 million outcomes and only one where Thanos can be defeated.

The only recent Marvel films I've seen were Deadpool, Logan and Black Panther all of which I enjoyed but I found this film very confusing as it really needs a knowledge of the characters before seeing it.

• edited April 2018
    Yeah Deadpool is loosely linked to that universe, but definitely doesn't land in the usual Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)
    Logan falls in the same universe as Deadpool and Black Panther is a very recent addition (since Captain America - Civil War).

I'd recommend watching all of the following to catch up in this order:

Iron Man
    The Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton one)
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    Captain America - The First Avenger
    The Avengers
    Iron Man 3
    Thor Dark World
    Captain America - Winter Soldier
    Avengers Age of Ultron
    Ant Man
    Captain America - Civil War - Basically an Avengers Movie
    Doctor Strange
    Spiderman Homecoming
    Thor Ragnarok
    Black Panther

Then I'd watch
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    They only join the rest of the universe at the start of IW (as far as I can remember anyway!)

It's only listing them out you realise how big the story is.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Yeah Deadpool is loosely linked to that universe, Logan falls in the same universe as Deadpool and Black Panther is a very recent addition.

I'd recommend watching all of the following to catch up in this order:

Iron Man
    The Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton one)
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    Captain America - The First Avenger
    The Avengers
    Iron Man 3
    Thor Dark World
    Captain America - Winter Soldier
    Avengers Age of Ultron
    Ant Man
    Captain America - Civil War - Basically an Avengers Movie
    Doctor Strange
    Spiderman Homecoming
    Thor Ragnarok
    Black Panther

Then I'd watch
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2
    They only join the rest of the universe at the start of IW (as far as I can remember anyway!)

It's only listing them out you realise how big the story is.

Bigger than I realised...
  • Can certainly see why you felt things didn't make too much sense!
  • I’ve seen all the other films and this one left me a bit cold to be honest. Too many characters, only decent character arc being Thanos and his daughters.

Good to see Targaryen as a giant dwarf, otherwise pretty pants for me.
  • Very interesting ending... Can only presume that Captain Marvel will start to clear things up when released next year with everyone coming back in the fourth Avengers film
  • edited April 2018
    The Red dwarf ending -

"Everybody's dead Tony. Tony... everybody... is... dead..." *Tony walks around in a vest dabbing his finger in the ashes and tasting it*

Assume Ant man 2 will be set before the events of this film? With perhaps a post credits scene set after it helping to set up Avengers 4? - and maybe a Hawkeye appearance?

Also how the hell do they market Spider-Man 2 that comes out only 2 months after Avengers 4 next year? That will surely have advanced trailers etc won't it?? No big events are hinted at in IW to suggest a story we haven't seen yet which could be set before IW unless I missed them?

2 months is no time to market an MCU film it would be unheard of! Maybe they will shift the release date..?

Still, the snap was brilliantly executed even if we all know full well (just like a certain DC movie) that it will all get reversed somehow!

• Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
    I’m not sure why anyone would be confused about this film . It was one of the simpler films to understand.
    As for the death toll I’m pretty confident they will be brought back in part 4.
  • Absolutely brilliant, my favourite Marvel film by some distance.

Predictions for part 2:

Hulk to play a massive part, he was visibly scared of Thanos in that film, I would predict that we will see Black Widow die which will trigger Hulk to come out

Someone will make a sacrifice for everyone to come back, my money is on Cap, too many near death experience for Iron Man and Thor won't die I don't think

What I'm hoping for, Deadpool. Most of the humourous characters died (probably temporary) so I think Deadpool will come into play to give the film some humour.

Lastly the captain Marvel tease at the end didn't really do it for me. What I would have loved instead was if the X-Men logo appeared. I know it's different from that line of films but there's so many characters in the X-Men universe and it could make the next one just that much better.

But yeah seriously loved it, story is good, it's funny and has great cinematics and action. 9.5/10
  • The Red dwarf ending -

"Everybody's dead Tony. Tony... everybody... is... dead..." *Tony walks around in a vest dabbing his finger in the ashes and tasting it*

Assume Ant man 2 will be set before the events of this film? With perhaps a post credits scene set after it helping to set up Avengers 4? - and maybe a Hawkeye appearance?

Also how the hell do they market Spider-Man 2 that comes out only 2 months after Avengers 4 next year? That will surely have advanced trailers etc won't it?? No big events are hinted at in IW to suggest a story we haven't seen yet which could be set before IW unless I missed them?

2 months is no time to market an MCU film it would be unheard of! Maybe they will shift the release date..?

Still, the snap was brilliantly executed even if we all know full well (just like a certain DC movie) that it will all get reversed somehow!

Ant Man vs the Wasp is apparently going to be set during the events of Infinity War so be interesting to see if anyone from that film dissolves at the end or in Post Credits

Its a very good point about how they'll market Spider-Man 2 as they didnt release the Infinity War trailer until after Thor: Ragnorak, because the trailer would have spoiled the fact that Thor (briefly) loses his eye in the third Thor film - Captain Marvel (released next March) is set to be a prequel in the 90s, so can only presume that Spider-Man will come back a bit earlier than everyone else and could appear in a cut-scene for the Avengers 4 build up.

Either that or the next Ant-Man will cover off the quantum zone a bit more (like it did briefly in the first one) which could also explain how all the dead will come back

Regardless though its a really brave decision by Marvel to do what they've done, have full faith in how they'll bring everyone back and am really excited to see how
  • Hawkeye was under house arrest.

Dr Strange saw 14.5m combinations and only 1 came out with them winning, which is why he surrendered the infinity stone. He knows how to beat Thanos and he had to sacrifice some of the Avengers to set them on a path to beating Thanos.

My bet is that he usues the time stone somehow, like Thanos did to stop the reality stone being destroyed.
  • Want to add the brilliance of Thanos being a baddie...

the problem that the MCU have had over their 18-films was their issue with getting a good bad guy, out of all the films Loki has only really been the standout and whilst I really liked Zemo from Civil War (A guy who knew he couldnt beat the Avengers so didnt try to fight them), he didnt get great reviews.

Thanos on the other hand, beat Hulk without any issues and then became a character you sort of pitied.

To an extent he's right, the world is becoming too small and will only become smaller - Yes his plan of culling half the population was insane yet as he showed with the planet Titan; he gave the people there the same choice, they didnt take it so everyone was wiped out, with the planet becoming a wreck of its former self... That alone would be tough just watching your people's race die out whilst your unable to do anything.

Special mention to Red Skull being back in it, a really brilliant "Easter Egg" from the MCU as would love to see him meet Captain America again

• Want to add the brilliance of Thanos being a baddie...

the problem that the MCU have had over their 18-films was their issue with getting a good bad guy, out of all the films Loki has only really been the standout and whilst I really liked Zemo from Civil War (A guy who knew he couldnt beat the Avengers so didnt try to fight them), he didnt get great reviews.

Thanos on the other hand, beat Hulk without any issues and then became a character you sort of pitied.

To an extent he's right, the world is becoming too small and will only become smaller - Yes his plan of culling half the population was insane yet as he showed with the planet Titan; he gave the people there the same choice, they didnt take it so everyone was wiped out, with the planet becoming a wreck of its former self... That alone would be tough just watching your people's race die out whilst your unable to do anything.

Special mention to Red Skull being back in it, a really brilliant "Easter Egg" from the MCU as would love to see him meet Captain America again

I'd say that the villain thing was definitely a problem early on (Obadiah Stane, Red skull, Zemo are okay I guess Loki obviously great) but in the last 2 or 3 films we have had some fantastic villains - Vulture in Spider-Man, Killmonger in Black Panther now Thanos - it looks like Marvel have finally cracked that particular issue now.

I hate to make the cliche comparison with DC but they haven't really got a villain right either which is criminal with the fantastic villain roster they have to choose from!
  • Absolutely loved it. Saw it last night and still processing it all now. There wasn’t a weak link in the cast. Everyone played their part and they all had their part to play despite the expansive cast.

I really didn’t see them having the balls to end it how they ended it. I’m pretty sure things aren’t going to end with everyone coming back safely like everyone expects. Past Avengers 4, things are going to look very different in the MCU going forward.
  • Most people I've spoken to think that the deaths that occurred pre-snap are the permanent ones and it will be one or more of the OG Avengers that will sacrifice themselves in the next one to bring the others back - Especially considering a lot of the currently ash characters have sequels planned which would be tough to do if they are dead! lol
  • The characters killed are not coming back those that were snapped out of existence will all be back once thanos is defeated in part 2. End credits scene means captain marvel will be flying in for the next film. Her solo film is due next year and is set in the 90s when Nick fury still had both eyes.
  • Most people I've spoken to think that the deaths that occurred pre-snap are the permanent ones and it will be one or more of the OG Avengers that will sacrifice themselves in the next one to bring the others back - Especially considering a lot of the currently ash characters have sequels planned which would be tough to do if they are dead! lol

As this is a Spoilers thread I dont care about saying it....

Both Tom Hiddleston and Zoe Saldana are scheduled to be in Avengers 4 though

Although might be nothing more than flashback scenes
  • Sponsored links:

Are they even going to be in it though? Hawkeye was supposed to be playing a major part in IW according to the producers and it turned out he wasn't even in this one.

I suspect they were scheduled for Avengers 4 to keep their fates in IW under wraps - would look a bit suspect if they were not scheduled wouldn't it?

Just a theory I know as much as the next guy but I'd say they are both done.

Are they even going to be in it though? Hawkeye was supposed to be playing a major part in IW according to the producers and it turned out he wasn't even in this one.

I suspect they were scheduled for Avengers 4 to keep their fates in IW under wraps - would look a bit suspect if they were not scheduled wouldn't it?

Just a theory I know as much as the next guy but I'd say they are both done.
    Yeah could well be the case, i.e. to not have them in the credits for Avengers 4 would be a big hint that they've gone.

They are masters of this, as to hide Yondu's death in Guardians of the Galaxy they got him to come in on set so people wouldnt wonder where he was
  • Also...”Mr Stark, I don’t want to go”

Jesus, did I well up at that point. Whether Peter Parker comes back, you can’t help but put yourself in the shoes of a 16 year old desperate not to die right there and then. That’s the kind of thing Marvel does to well.

Was really good the way he acted that part out (death to a 16-year old must be terrifying) - Yet surely Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie directed that scene, watch any interview with them and god do they rip into Tom Holland at times (All in jest of course)... Especially as everyone else simply faded away with Parker the only one to take a while to go
  • Its a different world out there.
  • edited April 2018

Most people I've spoken to think that the deaths that occurred pre-snap are the permanent ones and it will be one or more of the OG Avengers that will sacrifice themselves in the next one to bring the others back - Especially considering a lot of the currently ash characters have sequels planned which would be tough to do if they are dead! lol

• Marvel are the masters of creating a new story line and filling it with another blockbuster film in this case the Captain Marvel prequel set in 90's which will have to explain why she has been absent during the Avengers film run. Marvel then have 2 key films to complete this arc of the MCU before everything gets reset for the whataver the new arc will be. Expecting Captain Marvel to have a key role in being able to wield the Infinity Guantlet and defeat Thanos though.

The rumour mill will go into overdrive before Captain Marvel and Avengers 4 and sure the films producers will love throwing people on false trails but whatever happens I trust the Marvel writers to do what they have done over 18 epic films and get the finale right.
  • Just watched it. Absolutely loved it. Buzzing!
  • That’s 2:19 of my life I will never get back. If only I could complain heh Katrien? Weird huh. Load of sheite. My son loved it tho