Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I think the uncertaincy of the financial benefit of Wembley is the hold up. You can factor in a price for L1 or promotion but Wembley success and Wembley failure is harder to cost. June sale.
  • Roly's after a percentage on the half n half scarf sales. ;)
  • kentred2 said:

Problem is Duchatelet is not under any pressure to sell (he is wealthy, about 10000 still go to support his team, there are no protests) , so can hold out for as long as he likes to get the deal he wants re the land possibly, the debt, future transfers etc. All of which is making the position worse for any new owner and CAFC.

There's a logical problem between people arguing that Duchatelet is holding out for the best possible deal, demanding extras, hoping for promotion, etc, and this argument that he is under no immediate pressure, when the immediate situation is mounting losses. He may well have constructed a deal that rewards him for the sale of current players, but the debt goes on rising every month that passes. He can't be both anxious to screw every last penny out of the club AND oblivious to fact that time is money, can he?

It's been suggested to me that one reason for the recent hold-up is that RM is absolutely paranoid about PV being somewhere in the mix. That ties up with what one of his former employees was saying a year ago, but it's just one more story swirling around.
    Fixed for you

Murray has been the blocker on this deal all along not RD I have been saying it for months now

To be fair, NLA, it’s not his deal to block. Even if he’s influencing RD and trying to manipulate an outcome he wants, it’s only because RD is allowing him to do so. What power can he exert?
  • He will hold out until he knows what league we are in next season. If we get promoted don't be surprised to hear that he is not selling and he thinks he is a success and one step away from the Premiership.

If we have 15,000 plus next week against Blackburn and take 30,000 to Wembley the guy will be laughing his head off at us.

Fickle fans who protest one week and flock in their thousands the next.

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

I'm with you all the way on this but I will buckle and go to Wembley.
  • J BLOCK said:

Reams also saying it's gonna happen next week now. British consortium.

Racehorse owners apparently!!!
    Take no notice of anything he says.
    It was a 'tongue in cheek' comment J; just in case you hadn't realised.
  • edited April 2018

Reams also saying it's gonna happen next week now. British consortium.

Racehorse owners apparently!!!
    Lots of Saudi racehorse owners FYI.

I think reams knows he has no future with the club and (forgive the pun) has backed the wrong horse. History will remember him very unkindly. I can’t see the club continuing to invite him when every comment about this site he makes is laced with overt homophobia and transphobia when the club are working closer and closer with the lgbt valiants
  • clb74 said:

He will hold out until he knows what league we are in next season. If we get promoted don't be surprised to hear that he is not selling and he thinks he is a success and one step away from the Premiership.

If we have 15,000 plus next week against Blackburn and take 30,000 to Wembley the guy will be laughing his head off at us.

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

Don't be silly mike we will do a Blackpool and take less than 5000 to Wembley.
    Hats off to you staying away
    You keep trying to fob me off with your season ticket and get me to come back.
  • He will hold out until he knows what league we are in next season. If we get promoted don't be surprised to hear that he is not selling and he thinks he is a success and one step away from the Premiership.

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

Surely he doesn't get money out of that does he?
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

He will hold out until he knows what league we are in next season. If we get promoted don't be surprised to hear that he is not selling and he thinks he is a success and one step away from the Premiership.

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

Don't be silly mike we will do a Blackpool and take less than 5000 to Wembley.
    Hats off to you staying away
    If only, they stayed away from Wembley in their thousands.
  • cfgs said:

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

Certain we do but do not know the %
  • cfgs said:

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

:(
  • SDAddick said:

btrain88 said:

I've been hiking the inca trail to Machu Picchu for the last 4 days and was hoping this would all be over by the time i was finished... the circus goes on

1) that sounds awesome
    2) does altitude make you delusional? This. Will. Never. End.
    One can only hope.

It was fantastic. Well worth it if you ever make it to Peru.
  • I think the uncertaincy of the financial benefit of Wembley is the hold up. You can factor in a price for L1 or promotion but Wembley success and Wembley failure is harder to cost. June sale.

Said it for ages, June 15
  • cfgs said:

cfgs said:

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/sky-bet-play-offs/playoff-rules--regulations/

6.3.1 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be paid into the Pool Account referred to in Article 65;

6.3.2 the remaining 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be divided equally between the two Clubs taking part in each Final Play-Off match.
  • cfgs said:

cfgs said:

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/sky-bet-play-offs/playoff-rules--regulations/

6.3.1 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be paid into the Pool Account referred to in Article 65;

6.3.2 the remaining 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be divided equally between the two Clubs taking part in each Final Play-Off match.
    Boo
  • Isn't it tradition that the winning team gives all the gate receipts to the losing team?
  • Addickted said:

Isn't it tradition that the winning team gives all the gate receipts to the losing team?

That'll stop with Duchatelet.
  • kentred2 said:

Problem is Duchatelet is not under any pressure to sell (he is wealthy, about 10000 still go to support his team, there are no protests) , so can hold out for as long as he likes to get the deal he wants re the land possibly, the debt, future transfers etc. All of which is making the position worse for any new owner and CAFC.

There's a logical problem between people arguing that Duchatelet is holding out for the best possible deal, demanding extras, hoping for promotion, etc, and this argument that he is under no immediate pressure, when the immediate situation is mounting losses. He may well have constructed a deal that rewards him for the sale of current players, but the debt goes on rising every month that passes. He can't be both anxious to screw every last penny out of the club AND oblivious to fact that time is money, can he?

It's been suggested to me that one reason for the recent hold-up is that RD is absolutely paranoid about PV being somewhere in the mix. That ties up with what one of his former employees was saying a year ago, but it's just one more story swirling around.
    Unless he believes that the money he stands to make in the long run will out weight the mounting losses in the short run.

He's also saving money by not having a CEO, COO, Manager, and stopping work on the training ground which probably helps. That wouldn't offset losses obviously but I have to imagine those costs aren't nothing.

I guess it comes down to the fact that I'm not convinced he feels he has to sell immediately. If he did, he would have taken the initial offer you reported on, what was it a year ago? Or would have sealed the deal in November-January. Or February. Or any time really. I think he thinks there's a long game to be played here that results in him making more money. He might very well be right on that, if we get promoted.

Or he's just that afraid of the PV boogeyman. Which seems crazy and paranoid, but yeah, can't put it past him. I just struggle to see him caring about anything to do specifically and esotericly with the club that much.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
    Addickted said:

Isn't it tradition that the winning team gives all the gate receipts to the losing team?

Only in the Championship, I think, because of the financial gain of Premier League status.

If we assume a 50,000 crowd at Wembley with an average net yield per ticket of, say, £50, that’s £2.5m. But the cost of using Wembley will be substantial. If it’s £250k, that means the income per club from the final would be around £560k.

Then I assume the pool account also rewards the four play-off semi-finalists, plus there are presumably TV fees and some merchandising spin-offs. So the revenue is maybe worth £1m in total - enough to pay the wages in May, I guess.

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

This has always been the problem. If the Valley was empty every week, he’d be gone by now
  • kentred2 said:

It's been suggested to me that one reason for the recent hold-up is that RD is absolutely paranoid about PV being somewhere in the mix. That ties up with what one of his former employees was saying a year ago, but it's just one more story swirling around.
    This is the first mention of PV for ages and ages. What on earth might be suggesting to Duchatelet that PV is anywhere in the mix? Personally I hadn't associated him with any of the rumours that have swirled around, goodness knows Duchatelet when dealing with potential purchasers would know who he is dealing with, and know one way or another about PV rather than suspecting.
    Sheesh.
  • Fumbluff said:

Pretty sure someone plops out this story after every game now. That or the brilliantly vague, it’ll me done once we know what league we’ll be in Zzzzzzz

To be fair, the latter is quite a reasonable scenario.
    No proof of course but a distinct possibility wouldn't you say.
  • edited April 2018

kentred2 said:

It's been suggested to me that one reason for the recent hold-up is that RM is absolutely paranoid about PV being somewhere in the mix. That ties up with what one of his former employees was saying a year ago, but it's just one more story swirling around.
    Fixed for you

Murray has been the blocker on this deal all along not RD I have been saying it for months now

This x1000 Murray is a prick

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

This has always been the problem. If the Valley was empty every week, he’d be gone by now
    In a parallel universe everything would be okay in the world....

Fuck him.

#notapennymore

Why would he be gone with an empty Valley? Genuine question as any matchday income is a mere drop in the ocean of RD's wealth and he's never there to see how low the crowds are.
  • edited April 2018

I agree that it’s RD’s deal but the stumbling blocks and obstacles have all been placed by Murray , Murray will have the most influence on how close people get to RD before the actual deals can be thrashed out , the noises made by Murray behind the scenes are pivotal in how RD moves as he is so far removed from the club and it’s DNA

Murray has delayed and potentially cost us this take over and some pre RD and i Believe at least one opportunity of getting rid of him earlier than this

And the fear of PV being involved in the background would Make a lot of sense

Personally I don’t think varney is involved may be he brokered and made the initial pathway but I don’t expect to see him back here

You seem to be convinced about this.....that really is stretching things to the limit nla.
    Yes, it's a possibility but I think a very very tenuous one and certainly pure conjecture on your part.
  • J BLOCK said:

kentred2 said:

Fixed for you

This x1000 Murray is a prick
    Source?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!