Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    Cue Card retired. What a great horse he has been.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    many happy retirements but sandown have basically marketed there jumps finale around cue cards last run, will they give a refund?

instead of running it will now be parading isnt exactly the same although i think it should of been retired after cheltenham.
  • Options

many happy retirements but sandown have basically marketed there jumps finale around cue cards last run, will they give a refund?

instead of running it will now be parading isnt exactly the same although i think it should of been retired after cheltenham.

That's Sandown Park's problem, not the connections of Cue Card.
    Anyone that buys a ticket just because one horse is supposed to be running is always taking a risk, as the horse could easily become lame or off-colour at any time leading up to the raceday.
  • Options
    Newmarket:

1.50 Aurum
    4.45 Kew Gardens

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Newmarket:

1.50 Aurum
    4.45 Kew Gardens

You know something? These have a hint of Laurina about them? :-)
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Newmarket:

1.50 Aurum
    4.45 Kew Gardens

You know something? These have a hint of Laurina about them? :-)
    No inside track on these. Over the jumps I need help but this is proper racing!!
  • Options

That's Sandown Park's problem, not the connections of Cue Card.
    Anyone that buys a ticket just because one horse is supposed to be running is always taking a risk, as the horse could easily become lame or off-colour at any time leading up to the raceday.
    no of course i was just curious as seems like a silly marketing strategy welfare of the horse is certainly a lot more important. as i think it should of been retired last year.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Newmarket:

1.50 Aurum
    4.45 Kew Gardens

First one in at 11/4.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    got them in a double cheers @bobmunro and i was only expressing my dislike of flat racing yesterday :wink:
  • Options
    Nice call @bobmunro
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep, got them in a double, cheers Bob.
  • Options
    Good half of it to start Bob! Have them in a double, and then a L15 including Porth Swtan who just won at 4/1. Here's hoping!
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Newmarket:

1.50 Aurum
    4.45 Kew Gardens

First one in at 11/4.
    Didn't see the race - comfortable winner?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Newmarket:

1.50 Aurum
    4.45 Kew Gardens

First one in at 11/4.
    Didn't see the race - comfortable winner?
    Two and three-quarter lengths. Haven't seen it either, mind, but that sort of distance sounds fairly comfortable!
  • Options
    Was sitting quietly in 4th/5th on the outside until the last furlong and a half then just powered past the rest. Looked like a good horse.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    kew gardens 3rd by about 4 lenghts

mildenberger winner
  • Options
    RL Moore should've raced far more prominently. Seemed a little careless and lazy from all the jockeys except the top two - not realising Fortune's Pearl was setting a consistent pace.
  • Options
    Oh well - we fight on!!
  • Options
    Mildenberger/Aurum double - touch.

On Inshiraah in the next.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

RL Moore should've raced far more prominently. Seemed a little careless and lazy from all the jockeys except the top two - not realising Fortune's Pearl was setting a consistent pace.

Simply a case of the horse not being able to go that pace and unable to quicken off it, unlike Mildenberger, who sat a few lengths back, just in front of Kew Gardens and then quickened going into the dip.
    Best horse won (I backed Kew Gardens!).
  • Options
    Having another crack at Cheltenham tomorrow with Oxford Blu
    Olly has chosen a nice easy 16 runner amateur/conditional jockeys handicap hurdle!!!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

The Young Master @ 25/1 for Saturday's Scottish GN is very appealing.

After the Midlands GN I'm absolutely all over Regal Flow (like I was then, woo). Was very taken with his run. A 4lb rise isn't exactly prohibitive.
    Do you know if he's an intended runner Paddy?
    I'd like his chances too, but I'm a bit concerned about the ground drying out too much.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Can understand why Vicente and Vintage Clouds are both fancied for the Scottish GN on Saturday (though latter won't be helped if ground really dries out) but COGRY looks interesting e/w value at 25s IMHO.
    2lbs worse off with Vicente but was only just reeled in by him last year, just 6 days after he'd finished a close 2nd over 3.5 miles.
    Does blow hot and cold, as last run at the Festival reminds (cheek pieces left off for first time in a while then) but his 2nd, giving weight, to Milansbar (ahead of Missed Approach) in the Warwick National in January was a fine run and Scot Nat often sees repeat good performances.
    If the ground does dry up, I'll likely be pairing him with stablemate BENBENS (twice close 3rd in the race) at 40s e/w.
    Ditto, if he lines up, ALVARADO at 33s (also twice close before on decent ground).
    Progressive young chasers often come to the fore in the Ayr marathon but there's still life, and e/w value, in these old fellas.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

The Young Master @ 25/1 for Saturday's Scottish GN is very appealing.

After the Midlands GN I'm absolutely all over Regal Flow (like I was then, woo). Was very taken with his run. A 4lb rise isn't exactly prohibitive.
    Do you know if he's an intended runner Paddy?
    I'd like his chances too, but I'm a bit concerned about the ground drying out too much.
    He's in the final field - I didn't have too much of a clue, but I think it was the natural race progression. I'm loving my boosted 30/1 and 25s elsewhere!
  • Options
    As for today - there's a lot of good racing on, but if you had to be on one horse then surely it's LE BRIVIDO @ 7/4 (3.00 Newmarket) despite the skinny odds.

I'm also very intrigued by SURYA @ 11/2 (2.25 Newmarket). Same breeding as Cracksman - Frankel x Pivotal - and holds both Dante and Derby entries. Dettori/Gosden combo - looks like a very exciting prospect, even more so than most in that field. Unsurprisingly, both Karaginsky and Military Band are at the top of the market, but yeah. I'm well excited to watch that race.
  • Options
    Echo your thoughts on the 2.25. Should be intriguing.
  • Options
    On dragons tail in the first at Newmarket.
  • Options
    25/1 winner in the 2.25
  • Options

25/1 winner in the 2.25

Lol, the 20k lucky 15 gets off to a good start