Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joey Barton

Seriously what is this guy's problem

Who gets booked for a elbow then a minute later thinks its a good idea to kick the ball away

Comments

• Guy's an absolute idiot, nothing to see here. He can tweet the quotes of philosophers all he wants but he's a fool.
  • Probably wanted his Christmas off. There's always dodgy red cards around this time.

• Cynics would say he wants to get sent off and spend Christmas with his family not playing football, but a footballer would not do that would they?

• Cynics would say he wants to get sent off and spend Christmas with his family not playing football, but a footballer would not do that would they?

Paulinho I think its 5 years in a row he has been sent off just before Christmas
  • Guy's an absolute idiot, nothing to see here. He can tweet the quotes of philosophers all he wants but he's a fool.

A very ignorant and arrogant man. Believes it makes him look intellectual to copy and paste the philosophical thoughts of others but demonstrates terrible grammar when tweeting his own. Currently tweeting how it was the worst decision he can remember to give him a red.
  • Surprise surprise, Redknapp comes out and defends him. 'Just kicking the ball back to the opponent.' Deserve each other.
  • Seriously what is this guy's problem

Who gets booked for a elbow then a minute later thinks its a good idea to kick the ball away

Should have had a bet on that!

• To be fair to the twat that second booking was truly a sign of how sterile football has gone , what a crock of shit.
  • edited December 2013
    I'm probably going to get shot here but I do genuinely believe that he is trying to mend his ways. The kicking of the ball was silly. He didn't kick it away but gently volleyed it to the player. He didn't exactly smash it.

Which begs the question - was Barton a victim of his history of thuggery?

And would the Ref have used the letter of the Law had it been say Steven Gerard or David Beckham had they been the ones just booked for the arm off? Both are more than capable of such petulance but would their standing in the game have meant that they avoided the same double booking?
  • You may be right. However the ref had already spoken at length to him in the first half and had to ask Clint Hill to have a word with him. He could easily have rolled the ball back or left it and however soft the kick was it was very silly and I can see why he was yellow carded for it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ekotto (the left back) and Austin nearly had it out. If no one got in between them I could of seen a bowyer dyer double sending off situation.
  • Joey Barton-Fleetwood manager
  • Now I won't know what anyone means when they mention Barton On Sea.
  • Joey Barton-Fleetwood manager

Really a flag haha
  • Bet he won't last the season. In fact he's probably had the same bet himself