Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury v Charlton match day thread

Comments

• Options
    Positives - we are competing, Shrews getting frustrated and not potent in front of goal - yet! Same old same old wasted opportunities.
  • Options

Just wanted to remind myself it wasn't a dream:

V Northampton 20shots (11on target) - 4 goals
    V Plymouth 15 shots (7 on target) - 2 goals
    V Rotherham 14 shots (5 on target) - 3 goals

What's gone wrong?

Bottle jobs. Lack of range shots we seem to try every time for the perfect touch.
  • Options
    Few decent options on th bench. Keep it tight for the next 20 then go for it and bring Zyro/ Ajose/Reeves on. Realistically need to win this to have any chance of play offs.
  • Options
    A bit more composure in the final third needed methinks
  • Options
    The story of the first half...

A fairly even opening 45 in Shrewsbury. Plenty more action to come in the second half...COYA! #cafc

• Options
    ross1 said:

All we need to do is stop them scoring and score one ourselves, simple :smiley:

I’m just looking forward to having a decent chance!!
  • Options
    I think if we can keep it tight for 15-20 minutes it will come. A typical Charlton performance will gift them an early second half goal. Hope this isn't a typical performance!
  • Options
    The lads are back out at Montgomery Waters Meadow... #cafc
  • Options
    KICK-OFF!

Charlton restart the action... COME ON YOU REDSSSSSS! #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SUB | Shrewsbury have made a change at the break. Abo Eisa is on for Shaun Whalley. 0-0. #cafc
  • Options

Apparently the Pope's just done a dump in St Peters Square.

Not going to the World Cup now.
  • Options
    I'm going to watch their sub with interest.
  • Options
    He normally gives a decent rate of return.
  • Options
    Today's attendance is 5,838 (with 360 from @CAFCofficial ) - Thanks for the support and a safe journey home #salop

It will be good when our club start announcing attendances at home games again
  • Options
    ross1 said:

The lads are back out at Montgomery Waters Meadow... #cafc

I suppose we can't say "Gay Meadow" nowdays............bloody pc brigade.

(yes, I know they've moved grounds.......)
  • Options
    He would be a great investment.
  • Options
    47' Shrewsbury's Nsiala is yellow carded for a foul on Mavididi. Forster-Caskey is then booked for fouling Eisa. 0-0. #cafc
  • Options
    Morning all, over slept missed first half, devastated...
  • Options
    46: Town look to counter attack with Eisa but Foster-Caskey comes across to block, free-kick and a booking for the Charlton man #salop 0-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Morning all, over slept missed first half, devastated...

Don't be
  • Options
    51' Mavididi almost puts Magennis in on goal but the Northern Irishman is flagged offside. 0-0. #cafc
  • Options
    54' JFC swings in a corner, Magennis rises and his effort goes over. 0-0. #cafc
  • Options
    55' Konsa is yellow carded for a trip on Jon Nolan. Free-kick to Shrewsbury about 30 yards from goal. 0-0. #cafc
  • Options
    54: Ball with Nolan who looks to drive forward, Konsa slides and catches Nolan, free-kick and a booking for the Charlton man #salop 0-0
  • Options
    We can't get out of our own half. We have no outlet up top.
  • Options
    Can somebody just get an attempt on target. Looking at previous wins, we need three-four attempts on target to get a goal. How many's that so far tonight?
  • Options
    "Up to Wemberly we will go"
    "EEEE-I-EEE-I-EEE-I-O"

Thanks Roland!
  • Options

Can somebody just get an attempt on target. Looking at previous wins, we need three-four attempts on target to get a goal. How many's that so far tonight?

1 shot, not on target
  • Options
    Posted at
    57'
    Attempt blocked. Carlton Morris (Shrewsbury Town) right footed shot from the left side of the box is blocked.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!