Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Law and Order.

No not the American TV show but the British series from the 70s written by GF Newman.
Is on BBC4 tonight at 10 with the first episode of 4.
I really hope it's as good as my memory says it is.

Comments

• it was.
  • Starring the great classically trained actor Peter "Cup of splosh please sis" Dean if I remember rightly! Caused a bit of a storm at the time with accusations of being anti-police. Be interesting to see how it stands up today.
    Cheers for the "heads-up".
  • Oh I missed it! Hope it's on catch up.
  • I caught up with it yesterday on catch up.
    It was excellent.
    You can see how it influenced what came after.
  • iainment said:

No not the American TV show but the British series from the 70s written by GF Newman.

Brilliant. I still remember it and have still got the books somewhere. And yes it was a classic at the time. Will be interesting to see how it has aged.
  • iainment said:

Brilliant. I still remember it and have still got the books somewhere. And yes it was a classic at the time. Will be interesting to see how it has aged.
    Bollox. Missed the date of original post and thought it was on tonight!
  • iainment said:

Bollox. Missed the date of original post and thought it was on tonight!
    Like me. Don't worry, available on BBC i-player or Sky Catch Up etc. Next episode this Thursday.
  • Yeah put a series link on it and now first episode is stored in there. Will watch after the football. Come on Stoke!
  • Riviera said:

Be interesting to see how it stands up today.

Smoking and drinking at work, sexist talk and typewriters and that's just the first five minutes.
  • Riviera said:

Starring the great classically trained actor Peter "Cup of splosh please sis" Dean if I remember rightly! Caused a bit of a storm at the time with accusations of being anti-police. Be interesting to see how it stands up today.

It's not Peter Dean btw, although he looks similar.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would say this programme is a tad dated.

Copper 1 to Copper 2 "Pulled a cup of nurses last night, are you interested ? "

Copper 2 to Copper 1 " Yeah I should say, anytime."

Copper 1 to Copper 2 "Your one's black"

Copper 2 to Copper 1 "Oh leave off".
  • Riviera said:

Be interesting to see how it stands up today.

Smoking and drinking at work, sexist talk and typewriters and that's just the first five minutes.
    Ha! Just like us two at Barclays Bromley in the 80's CE!
  • I would say this programme is a tad dated.

Copper 1 to Copper 2 "Pulled a cup of nurses last night, are you interested ? "

Copper 2 to Copper 1 " Yeah I should say, anytime."

Copper 1 to Copper 2 "Your one's black"

Copper 2 to Copper 1 "Oh leave off".

I know enough Coppers to say that conversation is far from dated!
  • edited April 2018

Riviera said:

Starring the great classically trained actor Peter "Cup of splosh please sis" Dean if I remember rightly! Caused a bit of a storm at the time with accusations of being anti-police. Be interesting to see how it stands up today.

It's not Peter Dean btw, although he looks similar.
    'Tis

law.jpg 44.9K
  • edited April 2018
    And I see we are talking at crossed purposes.
    You're talking about The Villain's Tale.
    I'm watching last week's The Detectives Tale.
  • edited April 2018
    Programme finished. It was like a B movie The Sweeney with no action.
    Even ended with the main copper making pervy/paedo comments outside a playground. Avoid avoid avoid.
  • And I see we are talking at crossed purposes.
    You're talking about The Villain's Tale.
    I'm watching last week's The Detectives Tale.

I haven't watched it yet but distinctly remember Dean being in it. Derek Martin could be his Dad!