Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

holidays 2018 ideas

Comments

• finally booked heading to secrets silversands resort for 10 days the good thing is the hotel looks amazing the bad thing is i will be away for the playoff fianl although after the weekend that might be a non event for hopeless followers of charlton
  • finally booked heading to secrets silversands resort for 10 days the good thing is the hotel looks amazing the bad thing is i will be away for the playoff fianl although after the weekend that might be a non event for hopeless followers of charlton

Where is that @PalaceHater Sectets Siilversands sounds like one of those hedonism nudie places

Where is that @PalaceHater Sectets Siilversands sounds like one of those hedonism nudie places
    riviera maya, mexico.

all booked through virgin.
  • Very nice, enjoy
  • You have to come to Franschhoek. Been living here for nearly 13 years, stay at our guest house, you'll get your Addicks discount and I'll take you to the local pub! The motor museum is one of the best I've ever seen! Franschhoek is just one of the most charming villages you'll ever experience. And plenty of wines to choose from, not to mention craft beers if you like that sort of thing. Views you can not beat! And good food, they don't call us the gourmet capital for nothing:-)

Missed you when we visited when we lived in Pretoria for 3 years. We'll be back to visit though and will return to the winelands. Will you be affected by the water shortage?
  • This is my mate's place - just round the corner from us. Some dates in school holidays available - see the calendar for specific dates. PM me if you want a quote, I get much better rates than on the site...

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g189112-d13389295-Cerro_Branco_Albufeira_sea_view_apartment_close_proximity_to_beach_and_town-Albufeira.html
  • All those going Montenegro, aren't you going to call in on Sasa Ilic? Hismplace looks glorious although it is a "retreat" for people who want to drink smoothies and do yoga. Bit it seems he still loves to meet Addicks.

@The Organiser why is the drive from Dubrovnik scary? Vertiginous? I have a problem with that kind of road. Last year I had the embarassment of having to let my wife drive us over the mountains from Brenner to Passeiertal in Italian Tyrol. Jaufenpass, it is called. http://bikerszene.de/bild/6e79/6911703/1/620/1000/jaufenpass-3893537.jpg

I think she wants us to choose somewhere similar for the September holiday this year, at which point I mutter about "that sodding road."

Returning to the German Baltic coast in late June. Just a 6 hour drive from Prague. Glorious beaches but you never know with the weather, we accept it now. Long walks with the dog, cycling if the weather permits, lots of fish, and heavenly strawberries. Oh and where we are going, there is a steam railway :-))
  • edited March 2018
    Had been planning to go to Russia to do the Trans-Siberian but with all the tension with Russia at moment have decided not to go and to do it in the future instead. Thinking of replacing it with a trip to China or Japan instead but weighing up the advantages and disadvantages of those two against each other for price, sights, ease of travel, weather, pollution, etc.
  • Just been informed by the Mrs that she's booked us to go to a friends wedding at Disneyland next year costing us £4000. £4000 to go to someone's wedding!!!!!

Fuming!!

I bet it’s her friend as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just been informed by the Mrs that she's booked us to go to a friends wedding at Disneyland next year costing us £4000. £4000 to go to someone's wedding!!!!!

Fuming!!

I bet it’s her friend as well.
    Tell her you can’t get that time off.
  • MrOneLung said:

Like any big city in the tourist area got to be aware of your surrounding with regards to pickpockets etc. Love Barcelona although did have one incident when went down there for the Grand Prix one year. Was cutting through from Las Ramblas to our hotel on Ave Parallel when we walked through what seemed an impromptu street party. Got lots of stares from locals bedecked in dirty white vests, when a couple of girls who could only have been twelve walked up to us, spat at our feet and walked back off.

Jesus! You can stay at home and experience that in Bexleyheath for a fraction of the price!
  • never done it before, but whats best way to park at gatwick?, will be leaving car there for 11 days.

ta in advance
  • edited April 2018

never done it before, but whats best way to park at gatwick?, will be leaving car there for 11 days.

ta in advance

Don't let the wife do it.
    you sexist pig tbh it is difficult to park with a pair of marigolds on
  • Always use APH. 12 min run in their shuttle coaches running every 10 mins. Always cheapest. Can also get to them if M23 is rammed. Also has drinks machines and decent toilets!
  • We always book through FHR, Ace meet&greet. About 80 quid for Ten days. Drop of at Terminal door and bring car to you on return. Parked in secure compound. Used them at least a dozen times never had a problem. Sod all that shuttle bus malarkey.
  • never done it before, but whats best way to park at gatwick?, will be leaving car there for 11 days.

ta in advance

I'm not long back from a holiday and had mine in the South Terminal Long Stay. Was 10 nights, cost about 60 quid and was waiting no more than 3-5mins for the shuttle bus each time. Transfer time was minutes each way. Wasn't any hassle at all.
  • edited April 2018
    Just been to Fuerteventura, which was OK not a lot there tho, but good enough for the wife to get some sunshine

ta in advance

we always use valet parking through https://www.maplemanorparking.net/

They meet you in the multi storey directly opposite the entrance and you just cross the road with your cases. coming home you phone them once you pick up your suticases and meet you in same car park. No messing around with shuttle buses etc.
  • Sponsored links:

ta in advance

I always use these mate for any airport parking in the UK. They search all options for you and get you a decent deal:

https://www.holidayextras.co.uk

• Heading off to India today; Amtitsar, Chandigarh, Shimla (toy train) Dehli, Jaipur, Agra. I will need a holiday on my return or a trip to Belgium :smiley:
  • razil said:

Just been to Fuerteventura, which was OK not a lot there tho, but good enough for the wife to get some sunshine

Translated as she was happy but you were bored :-)
  • Solidgone said:

Heading off to India today; Amtitsar, Chandigarh, Shimla (toy train) Dehli, Jaipur, Agra. I will need a holiday on my return or a trip to Belgium :smiley:

Is that India trip work @Solidgone ot as a holiday?
  • Holiday
  • razil said:

Translated as she was happy but you were bored :-)
    I went to Fuerteventura a couple of years ago & I found it a bit boring, so yeah I think that's exactly what he meant!!
  • This is my mate's place - just round the corner from us. Some dates in school holidays available - see the calendar for specific dates. PM me if you want a quote, I get much better rates than on the site...

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationRentalReview-g189112-d13389295-Cerro_Branco_Albufeira_sea_view_apartment_close_proximity_to_beach_and_town-Albufeira.html

Out of interest how often is the property booked up? I’m considering buying a small place one Spain / Portugal but wondering if it’s worth the potential aggro.
  • jamescafc said:

This is my mate's place - just round the corner from us. Some dates in school holidays available - see the calendar for specific dates. PM me if you want a quote, I get much better rates than on the site...

Out of interest how often is the property booked up? I’m considering buying a small place one Spain / Portugal but wondering if it’s worth the potential aggro.
    This is the first year that they have let it "properly". Booked solid from 25th May to 17th September now. Had a few weeks in spring (but it didn't appear on TA until Feb). Next winter they have a booking from Nov 27th to Mar 15th.

Mid Sept to Mid Oct is a great time to come, if anyone fancies it. Plenty to do here - it's no Fuerteventura...
  • Off to New York in may... cant wait
  • Vegas on 6th May - 19 days, going for 6 nights with my mate. Literally buzzing!