Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vincent Kompany

Some brilliant vids around of him down the local celebrating with the City fans, leading the singing etc

Love seeing players have connection with fans

Comments

• Is that a very clever play on the Kompany name...? Or just a spelling mistake!?
  • Miserable bastard :-)
  • It's a shame that not all Belgians have the same attitude!
  • Reminds me of this by the way. Absolutely brilliant moment. And in case any of you were wondering, that's roughly what I look like with my shirt off as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmPko8L5A0I
  • Rare for a player to have such a connection with the fans, especially a foreign player. Loved that video of him with his inlaws watching the United game
  • I despise Man City but I really like Kompany, he's been so unlucky with injuries but shown a never say die attitude and clearly worked hard to keep fighting back to him. As others say, he also comes across a top top man as well as a great professional. Fantastic signing for them and imagine how different things might have been if Arsenal had signed him instead.
  • Sponsored links:

• I despise Man City but I really like Kompany, he's been so unlucky with injuries but shown a never say die attitude and clearly worked hard to keep fighting back to him. As others say, he also comes across a top top man as well as a great professional. Fantastic signing for them and imagine how different things might have been if Arsenal had signed him instead.

I know he signed at the same time as De Jong and I'm happy to be corrected but he wasn't signed as a centre half was he? I thought he was a midfielder who converted to centre half
  • Carter said:

I despise Man City but I really like Kompany, he's been so unlucky with injuries but shown a never say die attitude and clearly worked hard to keep fighting back to him. As others say, he also comes across a top top man as well as a great professional. Fantastic signing for them and imagine how different things might have been if Arsenal had signed him instead.

I know he signed at the same time as De Jong and I'm happy to be corrected but he wasn't signed as a centre half was he? I thought he was a midfielder who converted to centre half
    Yep, they signed him as a Midfielder.
  • Quality bloke and defender. Real leader in every sense. Possibly the best signing city have ever made alongside Aguero and (if he keeps his form up for years) de Bruyne
  • Carter said:

I despise Man City but I really like Kompany, he's been so unlucky with injuries but shown a never say die attitude and clearly worked hard to keep fighting back to him. As others say, he also comes across a top top man as well as a great professional. Fantastic signing for them and imagine how different things might have been if Arsenal had signed him instead.

I thought he had been playing holding midfield but was a centre back throughout his early career. Again, I'm not 100% sure.
  • Carter said:

I love Nigel De Jong. De Jong was signed six months after Kompany I believe. He came in in that January where it was like, "Mark Hughes, you have all the money in the world to spend, who do you want to sign?" Craig Bellamy, Shay Given, and Wayne Bridge. De Jong, Kompany and Zabaleta were his only good long term signings and how that man keeps getting jobs is beyond me.

Kompany was signed as a midfielder/defender I believe. Under Mark Hughes' awful teams he play in midfield a lot, but he'd spent most of his career at Anderlecht and Hamburg in defense.
  • SDAddick said:

Carter said:

I love Nigel De Jong. De Jong was signed six months after Kompany I believe. He came in in that January where it was like, "Mark Hughes, you have all the money in the world to spend, who do you want to sign?" Craig Bellamy, Shay Given, and Wayne Bridge. De Jong, Kompany and Zabaleta were his only good long term signings and how that man keeps getting jobs is beyond me.

Kompany was signed as a midfielder/defender I believe. Under Mark Hughes' awful teams he play in midfield a lot, but he'd spent most of his career at Anderlecht and Hamburg in defense.
    De Jong was quality. If he couldn’t get the ball he got the player instead.

This one was a little high though...

imageimageimage
  • I love this video. As a fan you just want to see players that care. Jacko and his knee slides or jumping into the crowd show real passion and that is what generate this sort of reaction from the fans.

Fair play to Kompany - he could easily have been sat in his ivory tower or on some yacht somewhere sipping champagne but he chose to be in a bar with some fans in Manchester. Seems a top bloke
  • Hadnt realized but he has become player-manager an Anderlecht.

Nasri has joined them as player now, the must be the Kompany effect haha.

Expecting a few other ex city or Belgium players to join now as well
  • Hadnt realized but he has become player-manager an Anderlecht.

Nasri has joined them as player now, the must be the Kompany effect haha.

Expecting a few other ex city or Belgium players to join now as well
    What about Belgian owners?
  • Craig Bellamy has joined Kompany at Anderlecht as u21 head coach
  • Sponsored links:

• Played the full 90 in the first league game of the season but Anderlecht lost 2-1 at home to Oostende 
  • Heard he is going to marry Alan Carr.
  • It's a shame that not all Belgians have the same attitude!
    I don't know what you mean. I know a Belgian that's started to build an NHS facility in SE7. 
  • Stepped down as manager after 4 games and will now be just the captain.
  • edited August 2019
    Stepped down as manager after 4 games and will now be just the captain.
    Not surprised, said to someone the other day he wanted last much longet.

4 league games
    0 wins
    2 draws
    2 defeats

All 4 games a team like Anderlecht should have been winning, its not like they were against the big team, they lost to Oostende amd Kortrijk and drew to Mouscron and 10 men Mechelen
  • Stepped down as manager after 4 games and will now be just the captain.
    That didn't take long. He's only 33 so it seemed very early for him to take the reigns
  • Looks like he's taken too much on. Player manager and still playing for the national team!
  • edited August 2019
    He hasnt stepped down as Manager apparently, he is still Player/Manager but has stepped down from match day duties and left them to his assistant Simon Davies.

Was another defeat last night, this time to Genk
  • edited August 2019
    He hasnt stepped down as Manager apparently, he is still Player/Manager but has stepped down from match day duties and left them to his assistant Simon Davies.

Very bizarre. If he can't handle the match day duties he shouldn't be the manager. 
  • He hasnt stepped down as Manager apparently, he is still Player/Manager but has stepped down from match day duties and left them to his assistant Simon Davies.

Very bizarre. If he can't handle the match day duties he shouldn't be the managers. 
    Yeah its very weird, Simon Davies must be a bit like WTF as well.

Kompany got injured last night and is a doubt for his Man City testimonial in 3 weeks now.