Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Score first and win

Adding on to the thought that we only play well when we score first.

Stats this season
Score first W 15 D 6 L 1 (Oxford)
Dont score first W 1 (Rochdale) D 6 (includes 0-0s) L 13

Comments

• Only problem is, you have to have a shot on target to score, we cannot even get lucky rebounds
  • I thought we had done it once this season but Golfie Jnr (who can tell me who scored for us against Stevenage 6 seasons ago) thought we hadn't.

Just shows that any good manager will tell his team to stop us in the first 20-30 mins & try to nick a goal. I've seen it too many times this season & wonder where we would be if Page's thunderbolt had landed in the North Upper instead of the top corner. I expect we would have carried on with KR's poor run & be like Bradford in 10th or 11th.
  • ross1 said:

Only problem is, you have to have a shot on target to score, we cannot even get lucky rebounds

Not always.

IIRC, in one of our most famous wins in recent history, 4-2 over the Gooners at The Library, we only had three shots on target.
  • edited April 2018

ross1 said:

Only problem is, you have to have a shot on target to score, we cannot even get lucky rebounds

Not always.

IIRC, in one of our most famous wins in recent history, 4-2 over the Gooners at The Library, we only had three shots on target.
    Three? What a waste of effort. Sometimes you don't even have to have that many shots on target...

https://youtu.be/Glqkyw8A43k