Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

In 52 years of supportin Charlton....

I can not recall a day where Inhave felt so low after the game.
Believe me there have been many lows over those years.
They say it's the Hope that Kills you.
I had given up the season when KR went and then all of a sudden we win 3 games and appear to be a different team with new hope/ spirit that we seemed to have got our season back on track.
It was then in our own hands with 3 winnable games.
1point later and I have just witnessed one of the most abject performances I can remember.
The club needs to be cleansed from top to bottom ASAP.
Let's just hope we can get new owners in to bring an Ambition back to the club that is so sadly lacking.
Money talks - but look at well run clubs Watford/ Burnley and Bournemouth and dare I say Millwall to see what can be achieved
We can only Hope - But it's the Hope that kills you

Comments

• I agree. My first season ticket was in the season we were relegated from the Premier League. It has been utter shite most of the time other than maybe 3 seasons (at a stretch). We've been worse and finished lower than this, but this feels the worst for sure. We've been teased with a playoff race and it will be taken away at the last second, would rather have finished mid-table (if we don't make the playoffs).

I think most teams can see something to build on if they miss out on the playoffs. Not us though, the future isn't looking bright until Roland fucks off.
  • Yes, Wimbledon Tuesday night was grim.
  • edited April 2018

I had given up the season when KR went and then all of a sudden we win 3 games and appear to be a different team with new hope/ spirit that we seemed to have got our season back on track.
    1point later and I have just witnessed one of the most abject performances I can remember.
    Let's just hope we can get new owners in to bring an Ambition back to the club that is so sadly lacking.
    Money talks - but look at well run clubs Watford/ Burnley and Bournemouth and dare I say Millwall to see what can be achieved

Totally agree with you. That defeat and the manor of it was shattering, all the more so because we have recently experienced a rare period of hope and enjoyment during this putrid reign of evil.

We find ourselves in an appalling limbo which may last even longer yet.
  • Try to look on the bright side. We don’t get promoted and RD gets less for selling the club.
  • edited April 2018
    Solidgone said:

Try to look on the bright side. We don’t get promoted and RD gets less for selling the club.

Or doesn’t sell because he can’t achieve his absurd price. We are hostages to the man’s inflated ego.
  • I dunno, I think we are hostages to his pride and lack of awareness allied to his enormous fortune.

It may be the same thing.
  • I fell asleep at home and missed the game, woke up to be told the national was on, really pleased as backed the winner, now where are those winning Euro lotto numbers so I can take over the club and make season tickets £50 a pop.
  • Sponsored links:

• You all need to join the boycott. I had a fabulous day yesterday and the weather was superb.

RD could not have been further from my mind.

#notapennymore
  • Riviera said:

You've got a short memory mate..
    Explain.
  • Thanks for this thread which has caused me to look at my CAFC supporting history.

I hit 50 years of support on Friday April 20th. Were it not for a potential takeover it's never felt as hopeless as it does now.
  • I am a 50 year man this season as well. My first game was at home to Wolves in the 67/68 season
  • I just knew the claiming a saviour in Bowyer was going to tits up. After 3 games hero , after 6 are you KR in disguise.

Worse thing is there does not appear to be an explanation as to why ?
  • I just knew the claiming a saviour in Bowyer was going to tits up. After 3 games hero , after 6 are you KR in disguise.

He can only operate with the players at his disposal.
    They are a team of misfits put together by slade and Robinson.
    Bowyer is obviously trying his best but does not have the right players at his disposal.
    I have said before league one is all about tall physical strong athletic players.
    We have not got the right players for league one.

The only thing I can think of is the players have knowledge of something we don't. The sale is on/off ? Will most of them be looking for new clubs in a matter weeks?
  • Sponsored links:

• The start of next season marks my 50 years as a Charlton supporter. As the OP says it's ruddy grim.
    However it's not as grim as being kicked out of our own ground by another greedy owner. I truly thought we were finished then.

The only thing I can think of is the players have knowledge of something we don't. The sale is on/off ? Will most of them be looking for new clubs in a matter weeks?
    This seems likely to me. Yesterday's performance was dire but those first three games under LB and JJ showed the players have it in them.

It felt just like one of the last games under Gobinson, all about negative attitude and half-heartedness.

That's me done for the season.
    Fuck off Roland.

• First game for me was in 1963. Fortunately I live in France and very rarely have the opportunity to attend a match. I follow Charlton through social media and any other way possible but believe me, even from here, I feel despondent, sick and feel the club that has been with me most of my life has gone. Could it return? Possibly but with new owners that love the club as we do, if anyone out there exists. I hope there is and they get in fast as we are going down the pan big time.
  • Yesterday was poor bur I have seen much, much worse.
  • I’m coming up for my 60th year of coming to the valley, pretty certain I was 6 when I saw my first game there, Yes I’m depressed by everything that’s going on at the moment, and if I were to take over I would have a complete clear out from top to bottom, get rid of the bad wood and start again from scratch.

Employ people to communicate with the fans not PR companies but humans, encourage fans to come back and heal the rift between the fans. Sweep away totally the management team both on and off the field, employ an excellent and proven management team both on and off the field, don’t look back, look forward to the future, have and publish the five year plan if that includes an exit strategy then publish that as well, engage with fans and the wider community.

It alright saying all the above but we need Roland to sell before any of my hopes and dreams can be fulfilled. So basically what I’m saying after almost 60 years I’m at my most pessimistic I have been in that time, which when you think what we have been through and achieved together, that must be a bad place.

Its becoming clear to me that we are a spineless,leaderless team with no talismanic characters - all 'pretty' footballers who can pass all day.
    Its also clear that when we go one down we dont have the guts or resolve to turn it around.
    If you look at the 3 games we won recently, we scored first,and early, in all three- and looked a different team. We wont score first in the next 7 games !
  • I am a 50 year man this season as well. My first game was at home to Wolves in the 67/68 season

Think you mean 1966/1967 11th feb 1967 that makes you a 51 year man this season.

He can only operate with the players at his disposal.
    They are a team of misfits put together by slade and Robinson.
    Bowyer is obviously trying his best but does not have the right players at his disposal.
    I have said before league one is all about tall physical strong athletic players.
    We have not got the right players for league one.
    I hope i dont make 52 years of supporting the club if i moan as much as you oldies