Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match thread: Charlton v Scunthorpe | Sat 14 Apr 2018

Comments

• Options
    FFS.
    season defining 45 mins now. Either give it a go ,or fuck off.
  • Options
    Ref is havin' a bubble. Oh and we were shite in that first half.
  • Options
    Maybe the lads have been told Roly won't sell until he knows what decision we will be in next year, so they are trying to get it decided asap.
  • Options
    Poor goal to give away.
  • Options
    Can’t blame the ref for the amount of stupid effing fouls we give away. We are just shit, we lose the ball so much we end giving fouls.
  • Options

poor stuff unfortunately

Ivan Toney ?
  • Options
    Unfortunately I didn't get to see the first 3 games under Bowyer, but from what I have seen apart from the change of formation we look no different to how we played under Robinson - there's just no pace to our play, we just knock it around the centre backs and then mostly get forced to kick it long as the opposition just press us. Occasionally we will get it through to a midfielder but then there's just no movement or runners from them to pass to.

Reeves can definitely pick out a pass so would like to see him play in the middle of the diamond more as he could certainly make things happen around him and effect the game more.
  • Options
    Things looked so positive until Roland confirmed Bowyer until end of the season.

That man has the Midas touch.
  • Options
    tbh, thought the ref has been fair so far.
    Nothing to blame him for.
  • Options
    So , who was playng the bloke onside for their goal ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Very scrappy 1st half, no width, big gaps in midfield and defence all at sea for their breakaway goal. Think their keeper has had one shot of note to save from Ajose who along with most of them has been poor. Reeves our best player. Bauer looks shaky, jFC stumbling through the game, Da Silva not firing on all cylinders and goal came down his side. Kaikai Meh!

Different formation and subs required if we are to turn this around COYRs.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    I’d take off Kaikai for a start. I have seen sumo wrestlers move quicker than this **** and has the touch of one too.
  • Options

Things looked so positive until Roland confirmed Bowyer until end of the season.

That man has the Midas touch.

Exactly! Roland talks and it all goes pear shaped
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Can’t blame the ref for the amount of stupid effing fouls we give away. We are just shit, we lose the ball so much we end giving fouls.

Pathetic all round. None of our players turned up for the first half.

So many basic mistakes and defensively we are a shambles.

I genuinely don't understand how they can be this useless - maybe the players just don't give a shit.

Need a miracle in the second half.
  • Options
    After finding it after KR left, surely Bowyer has not lost the dressing room again
  • Options
    So slow. Ref giving them everything. Goal looked very offside.

Highlight so far is the new soap dispensers in the toilets
  • Options
    What? We're proper shit again?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

After finding it after KR left, surely Bowyer has not lost the dressing room again

Unfortunately I just think Boywer is probably just regressing to the mean. I hope I am wrong and he gets us playing this half, but I've literally seen nothing in the last two games that would suggest otherwise.
  • Options
    I forgot the match started at 9pm now, and not 10pm local time since the clocks went back, and missed the first half. Was a bit disappointed until I saw the scoreline and read this thread! So looks like a good thing now though in hindsight, and saved me a fiver too.

45 minutes left to save our season, but I don't hold out much hope. Looks like the team has reverted back to the pre-Bowyer aimless shite, much the same as against Wimbledon, devoid of confidence and making stupid mistake after mistake. No way we will win the playoffs playing like this, we will just be embarrassed on national TV.
  • Options
    Not fishing for any, honest, but this is the first time I have commentated on one of our games and not received one "Like" in the first half. I think that shows you how our fans are feeling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kick off 16.08
  • Options
    edited April 2018

So slow. Ref giving them everything. Goal looked very offside.

Highlight so far is the new soap dispensers in the toilets

tbh, thought the ref has been alright - fouls given against have generally been correct, its our lack of control of the ball and desperation to get it back that has caused the fouls.
  • Options
    The Addicks are back out. A huge 45 minutes coming up....COME ON YOUUUU REDSSS! #cafc
  • Options
    46' Scunthorpe get the second half started... 0-1 #cafc
  • Options
    Jesus wept Zyro looks like a clogger all of a sudden
  • Options
    47'
    Foul by Ivan Toney (Scunthorpe United).

Posted at
    47'
    Jason Pearce (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
  • Options
    Zyro. Foul. Get him off
  • Options
    Posted at
    48'
    Ryan Yates (Scunthorpe United) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

Posted at
    48'
    Foul by Joe Aribo (Charlton Athletic).
  • Options
    Nearly 2-0. Amos save Tobey gets behind us again and it’s tippednover
  • Options
    No changes, so Bowyer must be happy with the team, or the subs he wants cannot play 45 minutes
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!