Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Toy of the past - Johnny Astro

Did anybody else have this toy? I vaguely remembered a toy I had you controlled a fan driven balloon across your room and could get it to land etc... I wasn't sure if I had it or dreamed I had it as I didn't think it would be possible to control the baloon as I remembered it. I was pretty young and I recall my dad did most of the controlling. I was searching online and have found it - I am now going to try to get one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmLMrMdIy5c

Comments

• edited April 2018
    I Remember this as a Birthday Present

• My dad bought me Flight Deck, it was absolute crap. He took it back and insisted on a refund as it didn’t work.
  • Talking of toys of the past. Some had for sale the other day one of those fisher price record players with the plastic disc that played Nusrey rhymes. It was imcaculate condition.
  • I had super flight deck - as pictured- the super was because it shot the plane from the runway then turned and you had to land it. I actually enjoyed playing it.
  • Fuck off the lot of you. Flight deck was the titties.

Now then.....Evil Knevil (sp) was bollocks. Did jumps and a thousand backflips on the advert.

In reality it either spun round like Homer in that famous clip or otherwise took chunks out of the skirting board that lead me to get a welting from the old man.

What a great time to be alive.
  • My brother had the Evel Knevil stunt cycle - you could get it to do the odd great stunt which is probably pretty realistic when you look at Knevil's career. The other accesories were rubbish though! I recall at primary school all I talked about with my mates was Mig 21s because they looked so cool and Evel Knevil
  • My brother had the Evel Knevil stunt cycle - you could get it to do the odd great stunt which is probably pretty realistic when you look at Knevil's career. The other accesories were rubbish though! I recall at primary school all I talked about with my mates was Mig 21s because they looked so cool and Evel Knevil

That explains a lot, mutters... :wink:
  • We went to Bulgaria for our summer holiday last year and on the coach back to the airport we passed a Mig 21 in the middle of a roundabout. I got so excited shouting look a Mig 21 - nobody else on the coach seemed bothered at all. I wanted to get out and inspect it but couldn't! :(

We didn't understand at the time they were the enemy - they were just so bl**dy cool!
  • Lego and Airfix were always my favourite toys

Getting back into both, along with trying to build my own model railway layout... Something I've wanted to do for years
  • Sponsored links:

• We went to Bulgaria for our summer holiday last year and on the coach back to the airport we passed a Mig 21 in the middle of a roundabout. I got so excited shouting look a Mig 21 - nobody else on the coach seemed bothered at all. I wanted to get out and inspect it but couldn't! :(

We didn't understand at the time they were the enemy - they were just so bl**dy cool!

MIG 21 no match for an English Electric Lightning armed with Red Top Firestreak - daddy of any fighter / interceptor ever
  • Lightning certainly more powerful with two engines and superior weapons but can't match the Mig 21 for elegance and it's simplicity and lightness in comparison would have been a leveller.

Both great planes - the Migs older and were n service for longer. But it was the look of them that got me!
  • Johnny, Johnny Astro
    Flies round the room for me
  • Did anybody have Billy Blast Off? Or Matt Mason?