Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD urges fans not to buy 2018/19 season tickets while Duchatelet remains Charlton owner (12/4/18)

13»

Comments

• edited April 2018

• edited April 2018
    Macronate said:

MUST

OBEY

CARD

Belgian 20 Look into my eyes .......... you know what needs to be done.

• I genuinely cannot see any logical reason why anyone would buy before May 6th anyway.

But you know people will buy season tickets this week or before May 6th. So be it ,would love to know how many were sold today.

Yes, some will of course. I just don’t know why they would buy now rather than wait until 6th May.

If you want RD gone -the very vast bulk - then put the squeeze on by delaying. The price won’t increase before then, your ticket will not be sold to anyone else, you are still guaranteed today’s price

If you want RD to stay - very small minority I suspect - then still delay given his stated desire is to sell, and you would surely rather your money go to the new owners and the betterment of the club than the pocket of an outgoing owner. Especially given the points above, price, availability etc still stand for this group of people too.
  • or they want to follow THEIR football team

They can still follow THEIR team, just don't but a season ticket. I have bought my ticket on a match by match basis for the last 3 years & have always been able to buy the same seat as where my original season ticket was. If we have less than 10k home support & have been losing supporters year on year for the past 4 years I think it is very highly unlikely that a new supporter (if their are any ) are going to buy the seat that you've been sitting in for the past xxxx seasons.

I was going to post earlier (but thought better of it) that it is easy to "block" your seat on a match by match basis via the on-line ticketing site, so its not difficult to stop a particular seat from becoming "unavailable"

PS. I understand that by buying on a match by match basis I am, in fact, giving RD more money than by buying a season ticket & also by not buying a season ticket I may be stopping the club from buying players as they don't have the revenue on block to do so (very, very unlikely but want to cover any counter arguments). I have been buying Golfie Jnr a season ticket but as an U18 he gets his for £100 (now £105 !) and so cost wise its a bit of a no-brainer.

They can still follow THEIR team, just don't but a season ticket. I have bought my ticket on a match by match basis for the last 3 years & have always been able to buy the same seat as where my original season ticket was. If we have less than 10k home support & have been losing supporters year on year for the past 4 years I think it is very highly unlikely that a new supporter (if their are any ) are going to buy the seat that you've been sitting in for the past xxxx seasons.

I was going to post earlier (but thought better of it) that it is easy to "block" your seat on a match by match basis via the on-line ticketing site, so its not difficult to stop a particular seat from becoming "unavailable"

PS. I understand that by buying on a match by match basis I am, in fact, giving RD more money than by buying a season ticket & also by not buying a season ticket I may be stopping the club from buying players as they don't have the revenue on block to do so (very, very unlikely but want to cover any counter arguments). I have been buying Golfie Jnr a season ticket but as an U18 he gets his for £100 (now £105 !) and so cost wise its a bit of a no-brainer.
    Not quite sure it makes much sense to buy on a game by game basis if you go to every match anyway... you spend more AND miss out on priority for away matches.

I've said before that I think it's a misnomer that somehow Roland would "pocket the money" if a season ticket was renewed before the takeover, as the takeover price will reflect any season ticket revenue received. HOWEVER I certainly can't see incentive to renew early, I'll be staggered if the £500 for my seat would go up after the deadline, and indeed any new owners might surely consider reducing prices to fill the ground.
  • I haven’t had a season ticket for 2 years now and still sit in ‘my’ seat every game

In all honesty the pricing structure in the east means that I am unlikely to get a new one until the crowds warrant it.
  • Davo55 said:

or they want to follow THEIR football team

Not quite sure it makes much sense to buy on a game by game basis if you go to every match anyway... you spend more AND miss out on priority for away matches.

I've said before that I think it's a misnomer that somehow Roland would "pocket the money" if a season ticket was renewed before the takeover, as the takeover price will reflect any season ticket revenue received. HOWEVER I certainly can't see incentive to renew early, I'll be staggered if the £500 for my seat would go up after the deadline, and indeed any new owners might surely consider reducing prices to fill the ground.
    What gives you the confidence to say that? Since when have the business affairs of Charlton under Duchatelet been conducted according to the normal rules? Even the report and accounts fail to follow the usual principles on disclosure of senior remuneration. I can't be certain that ST money would flow straight out of he club into Duchatelet's pocket when he walks away, but you can't be certain it won't. I just don't trust him and believe he will throw into the negotiations that the STs were sold on his tenure and thus the revenue is his. Why take the chance?
    In a takeover, the financials will be under massive scrutiny, if Roland pocketed money that didn't belong to him the new owners could spot it and take him to court over it. Why would Roland go through all that aggro over what are small sums for him?
  • I have a mate who used to be Chairman of a club now in the Premiership - he took over from a previous dodgy owner who pocketed all the season ticket money and ran off with it!
  • Sponsored links:

• I have a mate who used to be Chairman of a club now in the Premiership - he took over from a previous dodgy owner who pocketed all the season ticket money and ran off with it!

You're mates with Simon Jordan? and Noades ran off with the money.
    *shakes head and mutters wrong un*
    :smile:
  • Fumbluff said:

Do the 'anti - terrorism' measures mean we're still paying for Katriens bodyguards?

If that's our security, potential terrorists must be quaking in their boots!
  • Agree fully with CARD. No sane person should be thinking of renewing at this moment in time. No need to "secure" your seat - it aint going anywhere & the club are not seriously going to increase the price from May 8th if we are still in this league next season.

Out of interest, how long (reasonably) can a business run without a CEO or Finance Director, especially when in 4 weeks players will want to know where they stand as to next season ? Do the EFL have a stand on this (rhetorical question as we all know the answer). Just wonder what would happen if a new club was formed (ala AFC Wimbledon or Salford City) with just a random person, living in another country & not playing an active part, putting in the money with no directors, CEO etc. I expect the EFL would not sanction such a club.

Sorry, not being ‘in the know’ so to speak, but when did we last have a CEO?
  • Have bought a season ticket since the first full season at Selhurst.

Had no real issue buying one last year.

Done with the mad old bastard now. Not buying till he is gone. Will be really hard not to, but am determined to stick by my guns.

Exactly this. #Love Charlton, fucking hate the regime.
  • Do the 'anti - terrorism' measures mean we're still paying for Katriens bodyguards?

Priceless.

Like this.

I get that GH, but you can easily still do that without giving him significant cash up-front.
  • Agree fully with CARD. No sane person should be thinking of renewing at this moment in time. No need to "secure" your seat - it aint going anywhere & the club are not seriously going to increase the price from May 8th if we are still in this league next season.

Out of interest, how long (reasonably) can a business run without a CEO or Finance Director, especially when in 4 weeks players will want to know where they stand as to next season ? Do the EFL have a stand on this (rhetorical question as we all know the answer). Just wonder what would happen if a new club was formed (ala AFC Wimbledon or Salford City) with just a random person, living in another country & not playing an active part, putting in the money with no directors, CEO etc. I expect the EFL would not sanction such a club.

Sorry, not being ‘in the know’ so to speak, but when did we last have a CEO?
    We have not had one for 4yrs

What Scots team - Premiership - was that ?