Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ruben Neves Goal Tonight

No apologies from me about starting a new thread about this one. Has to be right up there from the perspective of technique and execution.

Comments

• incredible goal
  • Amazing goal
  • Mike said:

He will be quality in the prem too, crazy he is playing in the championship

Before he signed for Wolves were Juventus, Liverpool and Chelsea not looking at him.

Think Chelsea should have taken a punt on him
  • He has scored six goals this season - all from outside the box. Teams don't get that many in as season from that position!
  • Spat my tea out after that unbelievable
  • Couldn't believe it when Wolves signed him. If he stays in England i'm convinced he'll be at a top 6 club within 2 years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Should be playing in the top half of the Premier League. Might well be where Wolves are this time next year.
  • Who is the pundit next to Steve Bull?
  • I always love a goal where the scorer's teammates look stunned too.
  • Don’t worry tommy smith
  • That was amazing tekkers.
  • That was so outrageous I laughed out load. If I was him I’d shoot from my keeper’s box just for laughs.
  • That is absolutely stupid.

What a mental couple of days of football.
  • That was straight out of schoolyard headers and volleys. Duff first touch, loops up, big swing, flies in the top corner
  • Sponsored links:

• Should be playing in the top half of the Premier League. Might well be where Wolves are this time next year.

I bet they spend big again in the summer.
  • That is absolutely stupid.

What a mental couple of days of football.

Certainly has been. Was getting me thinking of some of what I think have been top football moments in my life for either goals or matches. Here are few in date order from when I started following football

May 88 cup final Wimbledon beating Liverpool
    May 89 Arsenal winning the league at Anfield
    Dec 92 Us returning to the Valley and beating Pompey
    April 93 Steve Bruce’s 2 headers as Man Utd came back from behind to beat sheff wed on their way to first Prem title
    May 93 Swindon 4-3 Leicester play off final
    August 94 (I think, might be August 93) the Yeboah volleys for Leeds against Liverpool and Wimbledon
    August 95 Beckham v Wimbledon
    September 95 our 5-4 win at Wimbledon and 3-3 draw at home in the League Cup
    April 96 Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle
    End of 95/96 season Man Utd overtaking Newcastle in the Prem
    Euro 96, 4-1 win over Holland and 2-0 win over Scotland
    96/97 Barnsley getting promoted to the Prem
    97/98 our promotion and obviously May 98, best day of my life in arguably one of the best games of all time
    WC 98 Bergkamp vs Argentina
    April 99 Our 4-3 win at Villa
    April 99 Giggs FA Cup replay goal against Arsenal
    98/99 Man Utd treble
    99/00 our 12 game winning run on way to Championship title
    2000 Germany 1-5 England
    May 02 Zidane goal in CL final for Madrid vs Leverkusen
    Oct 03 Beckham vs Greece
    03/04 our 7th placed finish in the Prem
    May 2005 CL final Liverpool coming back from 3 down to beat AC Milan on pens

Must admit my football memories have blurred a bit in the years after my early 20s, but ones that spring to mind in recent years have been Germany 7-1 Brazil, that play off second leg between Watford and Leicester when Leicester missed a penalty in the last minute and Watford go straight down the other end and score to go through to the final. Aguero last minute winner against QPR to win the title. Leicester winning the Prem are just a few that spring to mind

Be interested to hear others

• D’oh of course our 2011/12 title winning season

PS sorry I gatecrashed the thread with this, it was a beaut of a goal
  • He has scored six goals this season - all from outside the box. Teams don't get that many in as season from that position!

And he's only had half as many touches in the opposition box this season. Clearly no engine and an inherent inability to make third man runs. Nothing but a glorified quarter back. Might make the bench with us though.
  • A good list there. Mine go back a few years earlier...
    Off the top of my head (and including a few bad ones)

76 cup final Bobby Stokes winner for Soton, the first game I can remember
    78 cup final Arsenal 3 Man U 2 Alan Sunderland winner
    78WC Archie Gemmill goal vs Holland
    80 cup final, Brooking header, Paul Allen being brought down in a professional foul
    81 cup final Ricky Villa goal
    WC86 Lineker hattrick
    WC86 Maradona hand of god and goal
    87 Play off win (listened on radio while studying for A levels)
    88 Battle of the bridge as we stay up
    WC 90 Platt volley
    WC 90 Pearce and Waddle penalty misses
  • A bit good.
  • edited April 2018

Should be playing in the top half of the Premier League. Might well be where Wolves are this time next year.

They will be an easy top 10-12 club next year. Almost beat ManC earlier in the year when ManC was unbeaten. I've watched a handful of their matches this year and they are already better than several PL clubs, without any question.

Somehow, Jorge Mendes, the agent bringing in all those players (and their manager) to Wolves is a part owner of Wolves via very unusual ownership structure with a FOSUN subsidiary and how this is allowed is beyond me. It breaks several supposed rules.

Also, Wolves lost £22M last year and rumors are after all its incoming record Championship transfers this last summer, might lose £35M this year. But FOSUN figured that they could explode Championship FFP loss limit rules and by the time they are reported next year, they will be in the PL, where they can't really be touched. It seems to have worked.

Look at it this way... Wolves net transfers the last 12 months exceeds 14 of the 20 Premier League teams. Just insane.
  • Incredible strike....and he is a superb player...hope he stays at wolves and doesn't let the evil money turn his head.
  • Mind the two sheff utd goals and the villa one were superb also...