Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vote for Young Player of the Year

@ValleyGold posted this on another thread but probably better on its own

Voting is now open for the Charlton Athletic Young Player of the Year 2017/18.

This season’s vote will take place via an online ballot and voting is open to Valley Gold members ONLY. The closing date is 28 April 2018.

Members can cast their vote by selecting one of the following players:

Joe Aribo
The leggy midfielder spent his first season at Charlton playing under Jason Euell in the club’s development squad. He helped the young Addicks to claim the Professional Development League 2 South title, reach the final of the Kent Senior Cup and last eight of the Premier League Cup. Joe has made 21 starts this season, scoring 4 goals.

Ezri Konsa

Comfortable at centre-back, right-back and in the middle of midfield, the ball-playing defender has been at The Valley since the age of 12. The Academy graduate enjoyed a very successful 2016/17 campaign, which was his very first in senior football. His impressive form – both in defence and in midfield – has earned him a regular place in the England U20 setup. Ezri has made 32 starts this season.

Anfernee Dijksteel
A calm and collected midfielder, Dijksteel’s composure on the ball and eye for a pass saw him quickly become a vital member of Jason Euell’s squad, who have now won successive Professional Development League 2 South titles. Also able to play at centre-back, Dijksteel penned a new contract in February 2017. Anfernee has made 11 starts this campaign.

The winner will be announced the week commencing 30 April 2018.

please find the link to vote below.

https://www.valleygold.org.uk/young-player-of-the-year/

Comments

• Should be Aribo for me.
  • its close at the moment do get voting Valley Gold members
  • Joe Aribo for me.

Honestly, Konsa has almost made a 100 appearances for Charlton. I knows he’s still quite young for a footballer, but I don’t think as of him as a youth player anymore. I imagine outside of Solly & Jackson he’s probably our third most capped current player.
  • Joe Aribo for me.

Honestly, Konsa has almost made a 100 appearances for Charlton. I knows he’s still quite young for a footballer, but I don’t think as of him as a youth player anymore. I imagine outside of Solly & Jackson he’s probably our third most capped current player.

He has played 80. Bauer has played 89.
  • Definitely Aribo...

Konsa has had a good season but we have shipped goals with him played at Centre-Back and he is a First-Teamer

Joe Aribo on the other hand, despite having played First-Team games prior to this season had been frozen out for the majority of the first half of the season - Since Blackpool (at the Valley) he's contributed to some key goals and has probably been one of our better players over recent months
  • Aribo surely.
  • Has to be Konsa because he has more opportunities. Aribo hasn't played enough to warrant winning IMO

Yes Konsa has made some mistakes but tell me who hasn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has to be Konsa because he has more opportunities. Aribo hasn't played enough to warrant winning IMO

How many games did Poyet play?
  • ross1 said:

Has to be Konsa because he has more opportunities. Aribo hasn't played enough to warrant winning IMO

20 odd and I accept the point. But I meant Aribo hasn't played enough games this season to get the vote over Konsa (IMO).
  • ross1 said:

Has to be Konsa because he has more opportunities. Aribo hasn't played enough to warrant winning IMO

20 odd and I accept the point. But I meant Aribo hasn't played enough games this season to get the vote over Konsa (IMO).
    Its not a vote for "which young player has played the most games". Aribo has performed at the highest level of the 3.
  • edited April 2018

Aribo has played eleven games less than Konsa in all competitions this season...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-aribo/profil/spieler/468198
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ezri-konsa/profil/spieler/413403
  • Of the 3 it has to be Aribo, he has been a game changer a few times.
  • No doubt about it, Aribo
  • @AFKABartram Aribo has scored 5 in the league and 6 in all competitions this season.
  • KAG is the young player with the most league goals this season
  • Sponsored links:

• Would be Konsa for me. He was one of the few good, consistent players through January-February and has been largely very solid. I think he's our second best center back and taken for granted.