Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Imagine the uproar...

If following the Rotherham game they replaced Bowyer as rumoured with Kewell or any other manager, and the result and performance of the Rovers and AFCW games then followed!

Along with Bowyer being instantly promoted to SCP god status, i think at least a thousand fans would have actually combust while another 3,000 pledging to boycott.

Funny old game Saint

Comments

• We don't have the energy left for uproar - it's just disappointment and resignation.

It's the hope that kills you...
  • Its fickle game, winning the first couple didn't make him the messiah but certainly lifted spirits. The last 2 results wont make him a bad manager, give him a chance until the end of the season then see where we are at.
  • We don't have the energy left for uproar - it's just disappointment and resignation.

When are we not defiantly shit when the chips are down? Ok, we have a few treasured notable exceptions, but we have consistently produced teams that bottle any fixture where we could be "expected" to do ourselves a favour. Well that's our game in hand! Blast Bow and JJ for giving us faint hearts hope but I fear the damage was done in Belgium where RD thought, "Hmmm, I may be able to screw more dough out of this..."

When are we not defiantly shit when the chips are down? Ok, we have a few treasured notable exceptions, but we have consistently produced teams that bottle any fixture where we could be "expected" to do ourselves a favour. Well that's our game in hand! Blast Bow and JJ for giving us faint hearts hope but I fear the damage was done in Belgium where RD thought, "Hmmm, I may be able to screw more dough out of this..."
    We were shit in this type of fixture well before RD took over.....
  • edited April 2018

We don't have the energy left for uproar - it's just disappointment and resignation.

We were shit in this type of fixture well before RD took over.....
    Yes, that was not my inference. Been here 45 years mate.
  • For me the disappointment of last night's result has a lot to do with the nature of the opposition, coupled with the success of The London Sewage Co Ltd. In terms of reaching the play offs it might prove to be no more than a minor setback, but losing to THEM still hurts.
  • Its frustrating because that's the sort of game that will ultimately make it hard to get out of this division.

If a team comes to the Valley and wants to go toe to toe then we should be strong enough to beat them (Wigan and Shrewsbury both humped us though)

Games where we need to be stronger and show a bit of nous we are and always have been shit. That why Millwall always beat us because we are a soft touch. Wimbledon were bang up for last night. Taylor had his game of the season but is distinctly average. He just knew he had to battle. There were loads of theatricals from them and timewasting galore and that I find frustrating. We are just a bit too goody two shoes for my liking.

TBF the pitch looked a bit bumpy and our first touch was largely awful too so it's not just the mental side of the game we were inept with - the actual technique wasn't good enough either
  • Swisdom said:

Its frustrating because that's the sort of game that will ultimately make it hard to get out of this division.

If a team comes to the Valley and wants to go toe to toe then we should be strong enough to beat them (Wigan and Shrewsbury both humped us though)

Games where we need to be stronger and show a bit of nous we are and always have been shit. That why Millwall always beat us because we are a soft touch. Wimbledon were bang up for last night. Taylor had his game of the season but is distinctly average. He just knew he had to battle. There were loads of theatricals from them and timewasting galore and that I find frustrating. We are just a bit too goody two shoes for my liking.

TBF the pitch looked a bit bumpy and our first touch was largely awful too so it's not just the mental side of the game we were inept with - the actual technique wasn't good enough either

Hit the nail bang on the head - we're just not 'nasty' enough for this league.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
    Let’s be honest if you are going to fill the team with players about the size of me, AFKA and elfs, you aren’t gonna win many away games playing against 6’4 dunces
  • Its fickle game, winning the first couple didn't make him the messiah but certainly lifted spirits. The last 2 results wont make him a bad manager, give him a chance until the end of the season then see where we are at.

Nah sack him. Just go ultra Watford, get new manager in every couple of games, get the advantage of new manager bounce. If they don't win, then no matter we get a new one in shortly. Fool proof.
  • colthe3rd said:

Its fickle game, winning the first couple didn't make him the messiah but certainly lifted spirits. The last 2 results wont make him a bad manager, give him a chance until the end of the season then see where we are at.

Nah sack him. Just go ultra Watford, get new manager in every couple of games, get the advantage of new manager bounce. If they don't win, then no matter we get a new one in shortly. Fool proof.
    Like in tv shows when the credits roll "Guest Star William Shatner"

we could have "And here's this week's special guest manager....Henry Irving"

• colthe3rd said:

Its fickle game, winning the first couple didn't make him the messiah but certainly lifted spirits. The last 2 results wont make him a bad manager, give him a chance until the end of the season then see where we are at.

Haha thats what we have been doing anyway, why change a habit of a lifetime? eventually we will get it right and get lucky :)
  • *Lord Bowyer

Don't forget his faithful man-servant, Jackson.
  • Let’s be honest if you are going to fill the team with players about the size of me, AFKA and elfs, you aren’t gonna win many away games playing against 6’4 dunces

And that's Robinson's fault really
  • Even SCP failed to motivate his lot after a good start.
  • Let’s be honest if you are going to fill the team with players about the size of me, AFKA and elfs, you aren’t gonna win many away games playing against 6’4 dunces

Messi,Maradona,Pele,Cruyff,Hagi, and then Kinsella,Bowyer weren't giants. Then again they weren't playing for Wimbledon.
  • If we had a load of short players who were really good then we could play pretty football in L1 but sadly we don't. Sometimes you need a few lumps in the side who can dish it out a bit.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Even SCP failed to motivate his lot after a good start.

That's right. At any other club he could well have been sacked for that run of defeats/performances. Even experienced managers like Mick McCarthy have struggled. Fact is, there are only a few teams that can be deemed as successful. All the others will have gripes about how they "should be doing"