Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post match views: AFC Wimbledon vs Charlton

Aaaaarrrrggggh

Frustrating. Your thoughts please

Comments

• At the game - one of the worst performances all season, out run in midfield, no fight, offered nothing upfront.
  • New manager bounce over. Normal service is resumed. What a load of shite.
  • Bowyer out!!! He's been found out. No plan B.
  • Dog shit night of football. Tiny chink of light at Roma.
  • Sounds like a shocker and we've had a few of those this season. I've not said much about Bowyer on here as I think we got a little too excited from the 3 good wins. We're a very inconsistent side who have weaknesses all over the pitch

I think if we can pull out 3 good performances (3 wins) from our last 5 that will be enough to make the play offs.
  • I thought it was meant to be a brave new world under Bowyer, but as ever, we absolutely bottled it in a crucial but very winnable game. Not one fucking shot on target!
  • Watched on iFollow.

It was horrible! That's all.
  • Oxford lose 90+3.
    Bowyer doesn’t talk bollocks.
    We have made some progress!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
    Zyro is a bottle job! Tried to play pretty triangles on a shit field against shit opposition who just kicked us off the park.
  • Scoham said:

Bowyer out!!! He's been found out. No plan B.

No Plan F. Bad tic-tacs. Some bollocks about formation.
  • Bad pitch aside, they wilted against a really combative and tenacious display. Didn't stretch them enough, didn't get at their full-backs. Mavididi had the beating of his man a couple of times early on, so of course he decided to disappear completely. The forwards didn't link up at all. Aribo didn't come off. JFC and Reeves tried to do it all on their own but it wasn't enough. Kaikai kept taking the wrong option.

• No drive in the midfield. We're crying out for a midfield maestro, to take the game by the scruff of the neck and drive the team on by example.
  • Kaikai is the wrong option
  • Scoham said:

Bowyer out!!! He's been found out. No plan B.

No Plan F. Bad tic-tacs. Some bollocks about formation.
    Spot on!!! His clueless.
  • Well another defencive error and we've gone back to not being able to score. New manager bounce over and old problem s starting to suffice, a difficult run in means we'll fail in the play off race.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
    If Bowyer wants to make it as a manager, he'll need to learn how to react and counter things during a match a bit more.

Very disappointing. Gave them benefit of the doubt after the weekend but that was very poor tonight. No excuses. Outhought, outfought and outplayed.
  • You wouldn’t have known who was the side chasing promotion vs the relegation candidates unless someone told you. Men vs boys.
  • Oggy Red said:

No drive in the midfield. We're crying out for a midfield maestro, to take the game by the scruff of the neck and drive the team on by example.

I thought JFC was our standout player today. Aribo would normally be the one to drive the attack forwards but he misfired
  • We're still very much in the playoff race. Don't let all the eeyores on here convince you otherwise.

Oh yeah, we're alive and kicking alright. Just not as good as the team in 20th, that's all.
  • Didn’t get Konsa juggling the ball in the corner near the end and we are losing ! Frustrating
  • edited April 2018
    What you do when you play us in a game like that is always have bodies behind the ball. Unless you can play incisive quick balls - which is hard on that pitch or skill your way through (No Fosu), you have to get more numbers up.

It was worth the risk after 10 minutes of the second half when you could see how the game was panning out to take off a centre half and play an extra body up front. Risky, but it would have been the only way we would have had a chance of getting back into that!
  • Uboat said:

We're still very much in the playoff race. Don't let all the eeyores on here convince you otherwise.

Oh yeah, we're alive and kicking alright. Just not as good as the team in 20th, that's all.
    Very insightful comment. Thank you.
  • Absolute load of shite - a 'team' who play as eleven individuals.
    Fuck the play offs - wouldnt want to embarass myself.
  • You wouldn’t have known who was the side chasing promotion vs the relegation candidates unless someone told you. Men vs boys.

Yep, you mean both teams looked like relegation candidates? That was one of the poorest games of football I've ever seen, though at least Wimbledon managed to trouble our keeper.