Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Which loanees would you keep

Long time lurker and have been quite impressed with the upturned form of zyro in recent weeks, not to mention Amos has had a very good season and we've all seen what Mavadidi can do when fit, so question is?

If you could sign one permanently at the end of the season which would you pick and why?

Comments

• amos - good keeper, right age 28 to stay with us for rest of career?
  • I'd try to keep Amos, if available on a free. He is very good, and much better than Rudd was.

We won't have an opportunity to sign Desilva, Mavididi or Kaikai, even if we wanted to, and I suspect that Zyro will command a big fee too (which rules us out).
  • Mavadidi, tough call but if he can stay injury free will be some player.
    Amos slightly ahead of Zyro for me , feel has been brilliant this season
    Zyro has done well but tough call
  • We won't keep Amos.
    We will have a new loan keeper next season

2 years in a row we have had a decent keeper on loan now.

We should have fought tooth and nail in the summer to sign Rudd and same this year with Amos.

But we won't bother we will just get another loan next season
  • We won't keep Amos.
    We will have a new loan keeper next season

2 years in a row we have had a decent keeper on loan now.

We should have fought tooth and nail in the summer to sign Rudd and same this year with Amos.

But we won't bother we will just get another loan next season

Thats the spirit! we might be in a totally different situation in the summer with owners who actually give a shit, i would be confident we will sign Amos. Whether that depends on promotion? who knows :)
  • I believe we only got Amos on loan because Bolton wanted his wages off the books so I reckon he could be a free.
    Rumoured to be on £11,000 a week though.
  • Sullay Kaikai
  • Dasilva if I had a choice. Would sign them all except Kaikai

Realistically, Amos though, definitely good enough to be a league 1 title winner next year. Surely will leave Bolton but would need to take a pay cut
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
    If only one, probably Zyro. Amos is probably my player of the season, but there are lots of decent keepers out there warming benches who we could potentially sign instead. Zyro is the closest we’ve come to replacing Yann, and, as we saw after Yann left, tall, strong, hardworking, skillful forwards who also score goals are very hard to find, especially below the premier league so Zyro edges it for me on rarity.

Amos has been brilliant though and DaSilva very good too. None of the loans have been bad overall, for a change, and hopefully there’s more to come from Mav and Kaikai.
  • DaSilva, no doubt about it.
  • If money was no object then obviously JDS would be top of the list.

But this is Chelsea we are talking about
    He is 19
    Played for England under 18s,19s and now 20s they won't sell him for less than 10M.
  • Pedro45 said:

I'd try to keep Amos, if available on a free. He is very good, and much better than Rudd was.

We won't have an opportunity to sign Desilva, Mavididi or Kaikai, even if we wanted to, and I suspect that Zyro will command a big fee too (which rules us out).

This. Non thread really.
  • LTKapal said:

Long time lurker and have been quite impressed with the upturned form of zyro in recent weeks, not to mention Amos has had a very good season and we've all seen what Mavadidi can do when fit, so question is?

If you could sign one permanently at the end of the season which would you pick and why?

Please excuse the rudeness of my fellow posters LTK, may I be the first to say welcome to Charlton Life. We often get people "lurking" before they make their first post however once the first one is out the way you are up and running.

As you will see above the first person to respond to your post was cabbles and you may not believe me when I say he is a Moderator on this site, "Your Joking" you say, but yes he is.

And as you can also see rather than giving you a warm welcome and guiding you through the do's and don't of the site he posts a cheesey reply in search of lols on his account. :smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • Amos realistically speaking, though he’d have to take a heavy pay cut to make it happen. JDS would be nice but just won’t happen.
  • If we are in the championship next season we may well be able to keep Da Silva and Mavadidi for another season if we are still in league one we have no chance.
    I would try to sign Zyro whatever league we are in.
  • Amos and Zyro but not bothered about the others.
  • Amos
    Dasilva
    Zyro
    Mavididi
  • Sponsored links:

• Da Silva but i'd best chance would be another loan for a season. I'd sign Amos and probably Mavidivi. Unsure on Zyro yet in the unlikely event we go up i'd like to see us do better
  • All of them.
  • edited April 2018
    Amos is probably the most realistic target to buy permanently, as he's clearly surplus to Bolton, but that depends on his wages.

Dasilva probably has another 2 or 3 years at Chelsea before they'd consider selling him, they seem happy to keep a vast number of development players out on loan
  • steve stacey
  • Mav, JDS are always going to look at stepping up to championship level next year as a natural progression so will depend if we go up.

Palace will need Kaikai next year in the champ anyway once they have shifted all their high earners after relegation, and I think Amos will be a wage issue in terms of a permanent.

I think Wolves actually rate Zyro quite highly and it's purely the bad injury that has stunted his success there this past year or so.
  • I'm hoping that Bolton will terminate Amos' contract, which may encourage him, with a load of Bolton's wedge in his pocket, to take a pay cut to stay where he is appreciated. But, he's a Northern boy, and may prefer to stay in the North West.

Zyro, I would love us to sign. I can't see him getting a look-in at Wolves. (Especially, as looks likely, they get promotion.) He could be really good, when fully fit, with a full pre-season behind him. I'd be happy for new owners to put a serious punt in on him. Especially as he seems happy here. Nice to see his wife wearing a Charlton scarf!

Mavididi, I believe is out of contract at the end of this season? Will Arsenal offer him a new one? If he was going to make it there, I would of thought he'd have got his chance by now? His loan spell in the Championship didn't turn out to we'll, so maybe this is his level? But, he seems to like playing for Robinson, so I can see him turning up at Oxford...

Da Silva is the one I would like most to sign. The resurrection of Page's career should not make any difference, as JDS can play further forward. In fact, that may well be his best position, as his lack of height is less of an issue there. He and Page patrolling the left flank, covering each other, is a prospect to drool over.

However, the one I would most like to see back, is the one that least likely to happen, as Chelsea seem quite happy with hoovering up every piece of talent they can find. And never let them play in a blue shirt.

• If we go up we could realistically get the lot and I'd take all of them. In L1 only Amos and Kaikai seem do'able but both would be good signings unless we are minted.
  • 1. Zyro
    2. Amos
    3. Dasilva
  • edited April 2018

that's quite alright no offence taken l, I should have really stated in an ideal scenario where Chelsea for whatever reason put da silva up which is doubtful for a few more years.

I personally lump mavadidi in a category with the sort of arsenal development player as Jay Emmanuel Thomas who I'm not quite sure will make it as an arsenal player but there's no denying the ability there. I can see them renewing the contract in summer just to try and get a fee off him when they do offload him. That said stranger things have happened and he's certainly not out of the realms of possibility.

I see Zyro as being surplus to wolves requirements if they go up. If they stayed championship bound it's a no brainier they would keep him and I think we would be fighting for his signature withba few other clubs if it came to it but I think he's settled well with us. I think Zyro needs the right players around him to enable him though, I don't think it's any coincidence he's been scoring a few with the space Ajose is creating with his movement right now and I'd love for him to be a bit more clinical.

Amos has definitely had a standout season some of the saves he's made the last I saw was when we had Henderson who I personally thought was also good for us considering our situation at the time and and I think if his high wages weren't a factor I could see us going in for him and would be over the moon if we did so much, I do wonder about his development though his service can be a bit lacking but there's definitely more of a minor issue. I do wonder why he is on such high wages though? No doubting his ability and ex united and all of that but you'd think Bolton would have put him on a comparitive contract to other championship or L1 keepers considering they only went up last season?
  • I was only joking, I was hoping for more of a bite from cabbles but he is probably at home skyping his bird who lives in Sheffield.

Rule number 1: Don't take anything I say as serious. :wink: