Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lloyd Sam

Is it payback time tonight from one of our ex-players who always seemed to get a fair amount of stick when he played for us. Always liked him as a player but seemed to be in a minority.

My nightmare is him knocking in a scrappy winner via a deflection in the 93rd minute.

Comments

• Christ forgot he'd signed for them...

He came on in the 88th min for his first Wimbledon appearance against Scunthorpe

Be good if he were to come on when we're winning 3-0 but not if its 0-0
  • The only decent attacking player in a pretty poor team playing bad football. Didn’t help our game plan was “either hoof it to burton or just give it to Sam”. So teams quickly worked it out and isolated him.
  • Did not realise he played for us 119 times (if wiki is correct). Always liked him
  • Liked him. Lots of skill but no football brain imho

This. He used to drive me potty. He would beat a man, using tricky feet. He would then go back, and beat the same man again. Then go back a third time, and lose it...
  • edited April 2018

The only decent attacking player in a pretty poor team playing bad football. Didn’t help our game plan was “either hoof it to burton or just give it to Sam”. So teams quickly worked it out and isolated him.

Sounds like the football under Robinson, just replace Burton for Magennis and Sam for Holmes.
  • Did not realise he played for us 119 times (if wiki is correct). Always liked him

132 according to transfermarkt

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lloyd-sam/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/12131/verein/358

Yes, his decision making wasn't the best. He did have talent though, you'd have hoped (though not for tonight obviously) that his decision making would improve with experience
  • If he starts then there is no way he will make it to the 93rd minute. I always referred to him as 60 minute Sam as that was when he always got pulled
  • Sponsored links:

• He did love a stepover.
  • Decent player in a poor team. Can't see him being too effective these days (cue a late winner)
  • Liked him, but he was frustrating. If he starts ghosting past our FB I will have the hump; because he never did that while he was here!
    It was more like give and go.
  • never rated him

cue him getting the winner
  • never rated him

cue him getting the winner

Or Joe Pigott.
  • H matured as a footballer during his time in the states, reckon he'll be a decent signing for them
  • I always thought he had a limited ‘ football brain”. He beat people did not know what to do next. Defenders got time to get back, he beat them again but no end product.
  • edited April 2018
    more Games than Yann.....
  • sam3110 said:

H matured as a footballer during his time in the states, reckon he'll be a decent signing for them

That's right. Time has moved on and he's gained a lot of experience at a decent level.
    People are remembering his time with us and judging him accordingly.

At 33 he might not be quite so quick, but he might be a better footballer.
  • Llera..........................................................every other player on the pitch...........................................................Lloyd Sam

That same tactic worked so many times!
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

sam3110 said:

H matured as a footballer during his time in the states, reckon he'll be a decent signing for them

That's right. Time has moved on and he's gained a lot of experience at a decent level.

No.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Oggy Red said:

sam3110 said:

No.
    You know that for sure, do you Dazzler? :smile:

• :lol: If Parkinson thought that the SPL was equivalent to League 1... I'd expect him to say the MLS is probably about the same.

Having watched a few MLS games I'd say it's like a less rough league 1 or 2, where players are given plenty of space.
  • Yikes, if asked I would have said he probably played about 30-times, can’t believe it was 100+
    So much of those years I’ve just blotted out....
  • Didn't he play under Les Reed in the prem or am I making that up?
  • I always thought he had a limited ‘ football brain”. He beat people did not know what to do next. Defenders got time to get back, he beat them again but no end product.

True but you could probably say that about most wingers.
  • Didn't he play under Les Reed in the prem or am I making that up?

4 league games under Reed.
    Also played in the Wycombe cup game
  • edited April 2018
  • Because BWP went to play in a league where he had more time and was the key focus of the NYRB's attack.

They may have focused on coaching him but it was also a bit like Renford Rejects - Get the ball to the italians...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g6JaJUUTR0