Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dumped car

Comments

• Bit sore grassing and trying to get authorities involved with a fella whose fallen on hard times.

Let him get on with it and avoid puddles

Whilst I'd sympathise with the guy, not sure I'd be happy with him pouring piss in the road/pavement outside my house.
  • Bit sore grassing and trying to get authorities involved with a fella whose fallen on hard times.

Whilst I'd sympathise with the guy, not sure I'd be happy with him pouring piss in the road/pavement outside my house.
    You didn't complain when the neighbours daughter did it though, did you?

You didn't complain when the neighbours daughter did it though, did you?
    Tell us more :smiley:
  • SexyDave said:

It is a council issue. They own the road the car is on, it is for them to enforce. Just like it would be the landowners responsibility if it was parked on private land.

I had an issue with a "dumped car" in Bromley and in my investigations, also found that it was a council issue and not a police or DVLA issue.
    It will be the council's responsibility to deal with abandoned vehicles on public land. My own authority removes those clearly abandoned within 24 hours of the report usually.

But this vehicle is not abandoned. There's someone claiming ownership therefore it's an issue of it being untaxed and it's down to the DVLA.
  • edited March 2018

SexyDave said:

It is a council issue. They own the road the car is on, it is for them to enforce. Just like it would be the landowners responsibility if it was parked on private land.

I had an issue with a "dumped car" in Bromley and in my investigations, also found that it was a council issue and not a police or DVLA issue.
    It will be the council's responsibility to deal with abandoned vehicles on public land. My own authority removes those clearly abandoned within 24 hours of the report usually.

But this vehicle is not abandoned. There's someone claiming ownership therefore it's an issue of it being untaxed and it's down to the DVLA.
    Is the correct answer, surely? https://gov.uk/governmenill t/news/new-dvla-tax-it-or-lose-it-campaign-is-aimed-at-car-tax-dodgers

I'd call the Press Officer number at the end and ask why reality is so different from what the DVLA claim they will do? Say you've complained to your MP and ask the why they are so inept.

Here's a poster from their recently launched advertising campaign.

• cafcfan said:

SexyDave said:

Is the correct answer, surely? https://gov.uk/governmenill t/news/new-dvla-tax-it-or-lose-it-campaign-is-aimed-at-car-tax-dodgers

I'd call the Press Officer number at the end and ask why reality is so different from what the DVLA claim they will do? Say you've complained to your MP and ask the why they are so inept.

Here's a poster from their recently launched advertising campaign.

Puddle of piss is scaring them off
  • The car is still there but no piss this morning, maybe he has had a late night.

Heard nothing else from the MP’s office since giving the registration, how long do you think I should leave it before getting on their case?
  • Still there, received a letter from my MP Gareth Johnson saying that he has passed it onto kent police for action and said he will get back to me when he gets an update. Not holding my breath.
  • Still there, received a letter from my MP Gareth Johnson saying that he has passed it onto kent police for action and said he will get back to me when he gets an update. Not holding my breath.

......I would when you walk past the huge piss puddle.
  • Sponsored links:

Have you still not spoken to the owner?
  • Chizz said:

Still there, received a letter from my MP Gareth Johnson saying that he has passed it onto kent police for action and said he will get back to me when he gets an update. Not holding my breath.

This.

You're going to the police, the DVLA, the council etc, all in the hope of getting this car removed, which i'd fully understand if it was abandoned.........but it's not. You clearly know that the guy uses it to sleep in some nights so that's a whole different issue.

I get it's not very pleasant having the guy chuck his piss in your street, but you surely need to ask him why he's sleeping in the car, especially when his mum's house is across the road. For example, what is the guy going to do when you inevitably succeed in getting it removed?
  • Chizz said:

Still there, received a letter from my MP Gareth Johnson saying that he has passed it onto kent police for action and said he will get back to me when he gets an update. Not holding my breath.

Don’t do it.....

• MrOneLung said:

Wouldn’t you just open the door and go for a piss,rather than fiddle about and piss in a bottle and then throw the piss away in the morning?

Not in this weather.

Quite. It's almost as bad as people who let their dogs piss in the street :smile:

• Oggy Red said:

Bit sore grassing and trying to get authorities involved with a fella whose fallen on hard times.

Quite. It's almost as bad as people who let their dogs piss in the street :smile:

Quite - who can forget this?
    BBC
    Dog urine 'corroding lampposts'

Lampposts have been known to fall on passing pedestrians
    Nearly one million lampposts in Derbyshire are to be checked by the council to ensure dog urine has not corroded the metal.
    The six month monitoring survey is costing Derbyshire County Council £75,000.

It was commissioned after a report found that years of exposure to the highly acidic urine from dogs can cause the base of the posts to crumple away.

It is part of a national campaign after someone died when a light collapsed.
  • Oggy Red said:

Bit sore grassing and trying to get authorities involved with a fella whose fallen on hard times.

Quite - who can forget this?
    BBC
    Dog urine 'corroding lampposts'

Lampposts have been known to fall on passing pedestrians
    Nearly one million lampposts in Derbyshire are to be checked by the council to ensure dog urine has not corroded the metal.
    The six month monitoring survey is costing Derbyshire County Council £75,000.

It was commissioned after a report found that years of exposure to the highly acidic urine from dogs can cause the base of the posts to crumple away.

It is part of a national campaign after someone died when a light collapsed.
    75 large for 6 months work?? FFS where do I sign?
  • Yes, it seems like a piece of piss, that job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just thought I would give you an update.

After writing to local MP, he wrote to the Kent Police Commissioner who, cutting a very long story short, pulled his finger out of his arse and got someone round to see the owner.

The car was taken away yesterday.
  • Just thought I would give you an update.

After writing to local MP, he wrote to the Kent Police Commissioner who, cutting a very long story short, pulled his finger out of his arse and got someone round to see the owner.

With the owner still inside?
  • bobmunro said:

Just thought I would give you an update.

With the owner still inside?
    Pissing out the window.
  • If he's sleeping in his car, that's a material change of use and needs planning permission.

And he's avoiding Council tax.
  • Who says MPs are all useless, good for nothing and a waste of space?

Oh that was probably me last week.
  • So we're at the end of the story, in the summing up phase.

'This was a case that hinged on the piss-throwing....'
  • I'm organising a tribute involving hundreds of bunches of flowers and symbolic bottles of urine to be put up along the fence where the young victims car was.

Who's with me?

#justicefortheurinesoakedone
  • It's been a fine thread, now entering it's final phase. So it's time to share that ever since it's first moments, I've been expecting a picture of a turd shaped like a car and then realise, again, that it's not that kind of "dumped".