Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AFC Wimbledon v Charlton | Tue 10 Apr | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

AFC Wimbledon v Charlton Athletic
Tuesday 10th April 2018 … 7:45pm Kick-Off
Referee: Craig Hicks (Surrey)

Introduction

Fresh from a draw in Bristol, Charlton make an instant return to Football with a trip to South West London for the re-arranged fixture against AFC Wimbledon… a win will strengthen our Play-Off credentials, whilst dropped points will give our rivals hope as they watch from a distance.

The Opposition
Name: AFC Wimbledon | Manager: Neal Ardley
Ground: Kingsmeadow

As is the way with Football… Nothing is ever simple!! – Charlton travel the short distance across London tomorrow night needing three points to boost their promotion hope, our opponents though will be desperate for the three points themselves. Just one point above the relegation zone, the Dons themselves will be casting anxious glances over their shoulders; with Rochdale breathing down their necks… three points for the home side will certainly go a long way in securing League One Football next term.

The Play-Off Race
This Tuesday night will see Charlton as the sole Play-Off chasers in action… It’s a huge chance for the Addicks to put pressure on those around us seeing that tomorrows game against Wimbledon wont be our game in hand against the likes of Rotherham (that game coming against Shrewsbury Town) - Yet at times its better to have points on the board than games in hand so where pressure can be applied on our rivals, all the better

Charlton Team News
Saturday saw Lee Bowyer dropping his first points of the season – Winning every game between now and the end of the season was always going to be difficult, and so it proved when we returned from Bristol Rovers with just a point.

Afterwards Bowyer confirmed that Jay Dasilva and Ahmed Kashi were likely to miss the game tomorrow night, which means that Lewis Page will once again need to recover quickly from cramp – On the left saw Sullay Kaikai stepping in to cover for Tariqe Fosu, and you’d expect a similar lining up again against Wimbledon.

Amos
Konsa | Bauer | Pearce | Page
Reeves | Forster-Caskey | Aribo | Kaikai
Zyro | Ajose

Substitutes Bench: Phillips | Dijksteel | Sarr | Jackson | Mavididi | Magennis | Marshall

Prediction
Having played and lost at Kingsmeadow once already this season (in an FA Cup clash), heading there tomorrow will be no easy task… Only taking two points out of these two away games could be disastrous in our hopes to reach Wembley come May, and the players will need to be on top of their game to ensure that remains key!!

Comments

• A must win game imo.
    2.1 win for Charlton to keep the feel good factor very much alive.

In Bowyer we trust.
  • Like to point out that the Referee tomorrow is the one who had the Peterborough meltdown on Saturday!!

Our players will need to learn to foul in a clever way because the way the first Peterborough player was sent off, and then the way the Plymouth penalty was given was a joke
  • The key games are against Scunthorpe and Portsmouth. Win or lose against Wimbledon will not matter much if we lose to our playoff rivals.
  • looking forward to my 1st visit, couple of pre match beers in clapham junction- 3-1 to us, work with a Wimbledon fan who says nothing is going there way atm.
  • looking forward to my 1st visit, couple of pre match beers in clapham junction- 3-1 to us, work with a Wimbledon fan who says nothing is going there way atm.

Go for a 3-1 win to them then!!
  • Win 14-2
  • We need 3 wins.
    AFCW, Scunny and Rochdale.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think a win tomorrow night will do as much for our belief/mentality over the coming games, as the 3 points itself!
  • 3-5-2 match them up and see our better quality prevail. Marshall and JDS wing backs. Mag and Zyro to bully them.

3-0 but if we try to fit round pegs in square holes, a draw.
  • Draw and our play off hopes begin so slowly drift away
  • I think this will be a tough match for us, the sort of game which won't suit our style of play. I wonder if Bowyer will change the formation or team a bit to get some fresh legs in the team, and maybe a bit more physical presence?
  • If anyone has a spare ticket going i’ll happily take it off them.. 2-2..
  • Sponsored links:

• They had a very hard game Saturday and they play Walsall this Saturday which I am sure they have identified as a possible 3 points. Will Ardley be tempted to rest a couple for that game?

I am sure he would say they are taking each game as it comes, but it would not surprise me if Parrott takes a rest. I expect an onslaught in the first 15 minutes and if they don’t score that will probably be them finished.

Lloyd Sam played 10 minutes for them Saturday. Expect him to be a sub.

Nervous already but think we will win.
  • Comfortable away draw 4-4
  • Will Joe Pigott prove we were wrong to let him go? We should be good enough to do the same as we did against Northampton, perhaps not the same score, 0-3 and move up to 5th and further away from following teams
  • Tough game, Wimbledon are not pretty but they are tough at home. 1-1
  • Lord Bowyer to make a tactical difference between the two sides and we run out 2-0 winners, JFC and Ajose.
  • 3-1 Charlton - Ajose, Zyro x2
  • It would not be Charlton to take advantage of a game in hand and put a marker down to our potential rivals in a play off. I therefore have no hesitation in predicting a resounding away win... 0-3
  • We need an early goal in this game to rattle AFC. No early goal, then it will be a challenge breaking them down, plus no Ricky Holmes to create a bit of magic this time either.
  • Both teams need the points.
    We must play on the front foot and impose our game on to them.
    Going for 3 correct scorelines in a row ?
    0-2 with Ajosie and Josh.
    It's the hope that kill you.
    COYR